in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

What a patch.

New Fractal skins *still* need Trans. Stones

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

what level? only above 40 (I think? maybe 30) drops the new boxes where you get to pick a skin. The lower levels still use the old method as far as i’m aware.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Frac weapon boxes doesn’t drop for now…

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

what level? only above 40 (I think? maybe 30) drops the new boxes where you get to pick a skin. The lower levels still use the old method as far as i’m aware.

False, the boxes aren’t in game. Regina said as much the other day. The boxes will be in higher levels past 50…..yep…I know what you’re thinking.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Kilandros.2098

Hah, oh man…

1) Anet FINALLY admitted that the boxes didn’t make it/are currently unavailable in game. So there goes that.

2) When Anet advertised those mythical boxes, they also said that all Fractal skins would operate as every other skins—i.e., no need for transmutation stones. Clearly that didn’t make it in either.

I’m honestly mystified why they would advertise features they weren’t implementing.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I’m honestly mystified why they would advertise features they weren’t implementing.

I don’t know. Ask their manifesto.

As for the topic of this thread, I wanted to make a post in the Bug section about it, but apparently, I am no longer allowed to make threads anywhere, so I couldn’t.

I too received a Fractal weapon drop (Trident) that wasn’t a skin, but just simply a weapon. Although I have heard of people that have gotten them as skins, I have also heard of others like me who got them as weapons. I have no idea what this discrepancy is based on, but if someone could gather data, maybe we can find out, make a thorough bug report for Anet, and then this entire ordeal might be fixed as soon as December 2014.

By the way, don’t expect a dev post on this, they don’t care.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I got a fractal pistol skin last week

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Got the torch in a lvl 30 frac. today. It was a skin and you can make em pvp which I did. Sadly there’s no slot in pvp locker for this.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hah, oh man…

1) Anet FINALLY admitted that the boxes didn’t make it/are currently unavailable in game. So there goes that.

2) When Anet advertised those mythical boxes, they also said that all Fractal skins would operate as every other skins—i.e., no need for transmutation stones. Clearly that didn’t make it in either.

Where did they advertise this(the boxes)? The only place I am aware of where this was mentioned is buried somewhere in the Fractured subforum. That hardly counts as advertising.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Hah, oh man…

Where did they advertise this(the boxes)? The only place I am aware of where this was mentioned is buried somewhere in the Fractured subforum. That hardly counts as advertising.

The boxes were said to be dropped at a higher level is what the dev said. Since he was talking about 10-20 in his last post it’s possible that the boxes start dropping at lvl 30+ but then again he never indicated at what level these boxes would drop at so I am only guestimating.

His Posts can be found in this thread here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/first

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hah, oh man…

The boxes were said to be dropped at a higher level is what the dev said. Since he was talking about 10-20 in his last post it’s possible that the boxes start dropping at lvl 30+ but then again he never indicated at what level these boxes would drop at so I am only guestimating.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/first

That is probably the post I was remembering. That is still not advertisement. Advertisement would be putting it on https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-26-2013/ or https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-26-2013/3264349 or the email they send with each release. I don’t see the boxes being mentioned in any of those things.

Bright.9160

Lol, don’t sugarcoat it. They lied. They flat out lied, nothing more and nothing less. A dev said on a live stream that weapon boxes would drop on higher levels. Apparently, ‘higher levels’ means ‘higher levels than are currently available’.

This entire update reeks of neglect. There hasn’t been a single dev post in the Fractured subforum since the update hit, despite the hundreds of constructive posts. There hasn’t been a single word on bug fixes, and glaring issues like uninfused rings dropping in level 30+, weapons that aren’t skins, progression stopping bugs etc.

They don’t care, and my personal expectation is that whatever doesn’t get fixed with the December 10 patch will remain broken and neglected for another year.

We’re not their target audience, so whatever we ask or have to say is unimportant and will never matter to them. And don’t bring me the “oh, you’re so bitter, of course they care” BS, because they don’t. The dungeon forums haven’t seen a single dev post in months, Fractured was a bigger disappointment than I thought it would be, and my expectations were already really low, and they don’t even have the decency to reply to our issues, yet everywhere on the forums, devs keep responding to whatever issues someone else has. As long as it’s PvP/WvW/personal story/open world related, they care. If it’s dungeons/end game PvE, they don’t. And they’ve shown it for well over a year now. The day Hrouda left was the day they should have just shut down the dungeon subforums all together, because it’s not like anyone in their studio still gives a hoot.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Lol, don’t sugarcoat it. They lied. They flat out lied, nothing more and nothing less. A dev said on a live stream that weapon boxes would drop on higher levels. Apparently, ‘higher levels’ means ‘higher levels than are currently available’.

This entire update reeks of neglect. There hasn’t been a single dev post in the Fractured subforum since the update hit, despite the hundreds of constructive posts. There hasn’t been a single word on bug fixes, and glaring issues like uninfused rings dropping in level 30+, weapons that aren’t skins, progression stopping bugs etc.

They don’t care, and my personal expectation is that whatever doesn’t get fixed with the December 10 patch will remain broken and neglected for another year.

We’re not their target audience, so whatever we ask or have to say is unimportant and will never matter to them. And don’t bring me the “oh, you’re so bitter, of course they care” BS, because they don’t. The dungeon forums haven’t seen a single dev post in months, Fractured was a bigger disappointment than I thought it would be, and my expectations were already really low, and they don’t even have the decency to reply to our issues, yet everywhere on the forums, devs keep responding to whatever issues someone else has. As long as it’s PvP/WvW/personal story/open world related, they care. If it’s dungeons/end game PvE, they don’t. And they’ve shown it for well over a year now. The day Hrouda left was the day they should have just shut down the dungeon subforums all together, because it’s not like anyone in their studio still gives a hoot.

sadly, i must agree, fractured patch seems to have been neglected. A lot of bugs/inconsistencies tuning issues, very little acknowledgement they know whats wrong, only a few have been mentioned. I am assuming a lot of staff are on vacation, but unless its going to be a priority when they get back, it will probably be bugged for a long time. They will have even more stuff to work on when they do get back

Kilandros.2098

Hah, oh man…

That is probably the post I was remembering. That is still not advertisement. Advertisement would be putting it on https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-26-2013/ or https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-26-2013/3264349 or the email they send with each release. I don’t see the boxes being mentioned in any of those things.

A developer with authority to speak officially on such matters published it. That might not be “advertisement” in the sense of putting in on billboards—but it was published on the forums. Your issue seems to be one of semantics, and I admit I could have used a better word than “advertise,” but make no mistake, it was expressed/published/conveyed by someone at Anet with apparent authority to make the statement.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Advertising or not, I was convinced they would work like other skins.

As for dev responses. For this thread, it’s the weekend. For the entire fractured patch, the teams dedicated to improving current content seem quieter than the teams working on Living Story stuff.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Btw it’s not trans “stones”…..it’s “crystals”. Transmutation stones are <lvl 80, abundant and worthless, while the crystals are about 3g each. “Yay! I get a reward I must spend 3g to use properly!”

Oh it’s a ruse!

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Posted by: leila.7962

leila.7962

dropped one skin last night and its one of the new ones, that you dont need a trans stone

Bright.9160

dropped one skin last night and its one of the new ones, that you dont need a trans stone

Good for you. Except, that’s not the issue at hand. The issue is not that some people are getting Fractal weapons that are skins. The issue is that some people are getting Fractal weapons that aren’t skins.

So, posting positive results isn’t helping the case. They should look into why some people still get them as weapons, not why most people are getting them as skins.