New GW2 patch trailer

New GW2 patch trailer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Death Diablos.6702

Death Diablos.6702

Hi all. I just wanted to discuss something with my fellow forum visitors about something that was shown to us when the new Super Adventure Box help site was made by Arenanet… At the very end of that page there was a little video called “Coming soon…” and it said it was coming on September the 17th. In the video you can see Tequatl the Sunless fight with new abilities like summoning waves etc. But the important part is that the narrator says that “it” has gathered powers in the DEPTHS and that it has become stronger faster etc. and that it has come to devour us all… Are you all thinking what I’m thinking? wink Bubbles* wink*?

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

bubbles? what bubbles? O_O

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

bubbles? what bubbles? O_O

“Bubbles” is the name given by fans to the unknown underwater Elder Dragon.

I’d actually say that the ‘it’ was referring to Tequatl:

• Tequatl comes out of the depths, so to speak.
  • The mechanics are supposed to have made it tougher, which is the whole ‘it is faster. stronger’ thing.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

New GW2 patch trailer

Death Diablos.6702

but what makes tequatl so special?? and why does the title say “Rising”?

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

but what makes tequatl so special?? and why does the title say “Rising”?

Maybe because Tquatl is rising up from the depths of the ocean. It could be that simple.

New GW2 patch trailer

Death Diablos.6702

Vayne, why u so op? Also, why did they make it dat simple!! I WANT BUBBLES!!!

New GW2 patch trailer

Vayne.8563

Vayne, why u so op? Also, why did they make it dat simple!! I WANT BUBBLES!!!

It’ll get there. Patience is a virtue. lol

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Link the video please. Always link a video.

http://youtu.be/W88hjgWI3QM

(edited by Zoid.2568)

New GW2 patch trailer

Death Diablos.6702

curses i didnt see the video’s name… It rlly does say Tequatl rising…

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Tequatl is an undead dragon, a lieutenant and champion of Zhaitan. Which begs the question:

Why Tequatl?

Why not a new dragon, a champion of an Elder Dragon as yet unseen? A precursor, if you will, of things to come.

Anet may have forgotten about the other Elder Dragons, but I haven’t.

So, regardless of whether the revamp works or not, I’m calling this yet another missed opportunity in a game full of missed opportunities.

The table is a fable.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Tequatl is an undead dragon, a lieutenant and champion of Zhaitan. Which begs the question:

Why Tequatl?

Why not a new dragon, a champion of an Elder Dragon as yet unseen? A precursor, if you will, of things to come.

So, regardless of whether the revamp works or not, I’m calling this yet another missed opportunity in a game full of missed opportunities.

Because it’s much less resource-intensive to revamp an old encounter than create a whole new one.

Also, the old bosses really needed revamping to make them truly epic.

One – Piken Square

New GW2 patch trailer

Vayne.8563

Why Tequatl?

You mean make new stuff instead of fixing the old stuff? I disagree completely. It’s not a missed opportunity it’s what they said they would do. Fix what’s there.

New GW2 patch trailer

Tachenon.5270

Why Tequatl?

Because it’s much less resource-intensive to revamp an old encounter than create a whole new one.

Also, the old bosses really needed revamping to make them truly epic.

I don’t know, this looks to be pretty much a new encounter. Seems like it shouldn’t have taken all that much more effort to make it even more ‘new’ by introducing another dragon champion, and there’s certain veggie dragon players of sylvari have encountered that would have worked nicely. Set the encounter in a different zone and voila: the game has grown!

The table is a fable.

New GW2 patch trailer

Tachenon.5270

Why Tequatl?

You mean make new stuff instead of fixing the old stuff? I disagree completely. It’s not a missed opportunity it’s what they said they would do. Fix what’s there.

Heh.

Making new stuff does not exclude fixing old stuff. And of course I never said old stuff shouldn’t be fixed. You seem to have a habit of responding to things people didn’t say.

Do you disagree?

The table is a fable.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I disagree that they should prioritize making new stuff over fixing existing stuff

It’s basically what you implied, like it or not.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

New GW2 patch trailer

Tachenon.5270

I disagree that they should prioritize making new stuff over fixing existing stuff

Technically, this is new stuff.

The table is a fable.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Why Tequatl?

To be fair, the Karka were a result of Bubbles p-ing them off, which was how they got to Southsun in the first place.

I ? Karkas.

New GW2 patch trailer

Vayne.8563

Why Tequatl?

Heh.

Making new stuff does not exclude fixing old stuff. And of course I never said old stuff shouldn’t be fixed. You seem to have a habit of responding to things people didn’t say.

Do you disagree?

Yep, you said missed opportunity. Why is fixing the old stuff a missed opportunity…it makes no sense. The new stuff will be ready when they finish making it. As you say, it looks like a completely new encounter, therefore it is new stuff.

The problem is you say stuff and try to backpeddle…do you disagree?

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

But the important part is that the narrator says that “it” has gathered powers in the DEPTHS and that it has become stronger faster etc. and that it has come to devour us all… Are you all thinking what I’m thinking? wink Bubbles* wink*?

Or Zhaitan is still alive. I never did the last story mission but from I heard he fell into the ocean right? And seeing as how Tequatl is a champion of Zhaitan and Zhaitan might be resting (if he’s still alive) in the ocean maybe he got powered up by him as Zhaitan’s first act of vengeance.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

But the important part is that the narrator says that “it” has gathered powers in the DEPTHS and that it has become stronger faster etc. and that it has come to devour us all… Are you all thinking what I’m thinking? wink Bubbles* wink*?

Or Zhaitan is still alive. I never did the last story mission but from I heard he fell into the ocean right? And seeing as how Tequatl is a champion of Zhaitan and Zhaitan might be resting (if he’s still alive) in the ocean maybe he got powered up by him as Zhaitan’s first act of vengeance.

That would quite a nice theory to hang to. Whilst it’s probable he’s intended to be dead, it is possible for them to go back and explore the chance he’s not. I doubt they will invalidate the end of the personal story though, but options exist.

Sadly no Dragon stuff was confirmed for this year iirc. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t explore the idea later Teq has drawn magic from the UW dragon in someways..

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Do you think maybe the underwater elder dragon will actually be called Bubbles? that would be Epic.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

“Bubbles? I’m the zhaitaffies prince of darkness!”

Cue Hellraiser.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

I think it’s just a cool advertisement for the new Teq encounter. Don’t think it has anything to do with Bubbles

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

The only thing we ever seen of Bubbles was a two second teaser at the end of the manifesto trailer years ago. Back then Cantha had a district, dyes were account wide unlocks, there was an entire team devoted to extended experience, and the Dragons were the main antagonist and immediate threat to the world that we battled via evolving dynamic event chains that shaped the surrounding area.

Cantha is not a district, dyes unlock per character, extended experience was reduced to a bare bones API and put in the hands of the community, the Dragons went back to sleep and we are battling cartoon characters via temporary content while ignored dynamic events have left the world static.

I’m personally never really expecting anything related to Bubbles to materialize in the game.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

New GW2 patch trailer

Tachenon.5270

Why Tequatl?

Heh.

Do you disagree?

Yep, you said missed opportunity. Why is fixing the old stuff a missed opportunity…it makes no sense. The new stuff will be ready when they finish making it. As you say, it looks like a completely new encounter, therefore it is new stuff.

The problem is you say stuff and try to backpeddle…do you disagree?

Hah! Backpeddle, indeed. Where is this backpeddle? Point it out! What’s that? You can’t? Well, why not? Could it possibly be because it doesn’t exist anywhere except in the post where you made it up?

Hmm. Imagine that. Oh, wait. You did!

Moving on.

They’re not ‘fixing’ the Tequatl event. There’s nothing wrong with the Tequatl event. It may not be a particularly brilliant event, but it’s not bugged or broken. Is it? No. What they are doing is replacing it. With a new (and theoretically improved) Tequatl event. Do you disagree?

Which could just as easily have featured some dragon other than Tequatl, like perhaps the one in the sylvari story – I called it the ‘veggie dragon’ but thanks to you I’ve hit upon a better name – Bakpedalus!

Bakpedalus could have been the star of a new dragon event in some other zone. This gloriously new Bakpedalus event could have been something added to the game, something that would have brought some much needed growth to the game instead of a replacement for something already there that didn’t necessarily need replacing.

Which is why I dubbed it as yet another…

(….drum roll…)

Missed Opportunity!

So. Which way are we peddling now?

The table is a fable.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

They’re not ‘fixing’ the Tequatl event. There’s nothing wrong with the Tequatl event. It may not be a particularly brilliant event, but it’s not bugged or broken. Is it? No. What they are doing is replacing it. With a new (and theoretically improved) Tequatl event. Do you disagree?

No matter how you say it, there IS something wrong when a big encounter is now a “spam1 to kill the dragon” event. They want the Lieutenant fights, no most World Boss fights, to be more fun and exciting than pressing 1 and standing in a safe zone. Tequatl is only the beginning, I bet they will change most of them.

Which could just as easily have featured some dragon other than Tequatl, like perhaps the one in the sylvari story – I called it the ‘veggie dragon’ but thanks to you I’ve hit upon a better name – Bakpedalus!

No. They are improving the CURRENT existing game with an encounter that is more fun and engaging than the old one. There is no need to add a new Dragon when you revamp an old encounter. And the revamp was badly needed no matter what you say.

There is no missed opportunity here, just Arenanet changing an unfun encounter to something that LOOKS better, we don’t know if it actually is until we play it.

New GW2 patch trailer

Tachenon.5270

They are improving the CURRENT existing game with an encounter that is more fun and engaging than the old one.

That remains to be seen.

As for the rest, we have differing opinions – and that’s cool! I appreciate that you didn’t disagree with me for something I didn’t say.

The table is a fable.

New GW2 patch trailer

Death Diablos.6702

What happened here? o.O

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Technically, this is new stuff.

Technically everything they have done after release is new stuff, but I give you a 7/10 for the creative cop out!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The question is how does this tie into the story? Or have the devs completely abandoned the whole story thing at this point after the failure that was scarlet?

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Is it a new dragon??? (4:18)

Sorry for my english.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: TDC.1627

TDC.1627

Is it a new dragon??? (4:18)

Nah that is just the Dragon that All New Silvari Characters fight in the dream as part of the tutorial area.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Ed of Death.4819

Ed of Death.4819

I don’t think this has anything to do with Bubbles. Teq was Zhaitans champ which means he was undead. And Only Zhaitan could control him. I doubt Bubbles has that ability since every Dragons power is different.

I think this is just simply a remake to an existing fight. And frankly I hope it is more challenging.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The only thing we ever seen of Bubbles was a two second teaser at the end of the manifesto trailer years ago. Back then Cantha had a district, dyes were account wide unlocks, there was an entire team devoted to extended experience, and the Dragons were the main antagonist and immediate threat to the world that we battled via evolving dynamic event chains that shaped the surrounding area.

Cantha is not a district, dyes unlock per character, extended experience was reduced to a bare bones API and put in the hands of the community, the Dragons went back to sleep and we are battling cartoon characters via temporary content while ignored dynamic events have left the world static.

I’m personally never really expecting anything related to Bubbles to materialize in the game.

So sad but so true.

But for the record, I give props to Anet for being so good at hyping up content and stuff via trailers and pre-release website info but most of the time the content is not as good as you expected it to be and what you thought was gonna be epic is purely based on your bias view of the hyped up trailers and stuff.

And yes, I want GW2 to get back on track with the Elder Dragon stories but unfortunately we won’t be seeing those for quite a while since the dev team is obviously so fond of making temporary content about parties, festivals, and cute, cuddly, and cartooney events.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Inb4 The elder dragons are the heroes and Scarlet is the true villain.

I ? Karkas.

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I just don’t know why Sarah Kerrigan is narrating the video?

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

We’re not getting anymore elder dragons if there are greater threats out there like Sky Pirates and Robots.

New GW2 patch trailer

Death Diablos.6702

I require Kralkatorrik :C

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

What happened here? o.O

Same thing that usually happens here in the forums…
Opinions gets shoved in peoples faces and people make darn sure that everyone knows how superior their opinions are to everyone elses…
:P

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

New GW2 patch trailer

Death Diablos.6702

What happened here? o.O

Same thing that usually happens here in the forums…
Opinions gets shoved in peoples faces and people make darn sure that everyone knows how superior their opinions are to everyone elses…
:P

Im scared now o.o

New GW2 patch trailer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Will there be better loot?