New Hairstyles Movement?

New Hairstyles Movement?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Something that makes or breaks a hairstyle for me is how it moves in game. For some reason I just love to see the hair on my characters streaming behind them and side to side when running and strafing.

I was wondering if in game the new human ponytail style moves at all. It’s completely stiff in the preview, whereas other nonexclusive hairstyles move as you turn the head in the preview window. I like the new ponytail style, but if it doesn’t move, than it’s a no go.

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m curious on this as well. Anyone have it yet?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Dulfy usually makes hairstyle videos on her YT channel I believe?

New Hairstyles Movement?

SuLor.2840

Dulfy does pictures, I haven’t found any videos.

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Unfortunately, no, they’re not. I’ve noticed this time ago. All of the new hairstyles are not animated. Ponytails on both males and females look completely wooden and it’s ruining otherwise decent hairstyles. It’s been like that with every new hairstyle added to the game post-release. What’s the deal Anet?

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

You know I wanted to make a thread about the new ponytail for human females and talk about the fact that the distance between the hair and the skin of the cheeks is way too big. You can see the ear through the gap but the hair not being animated ruins the new hairstyles completely.

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

You can see which parts are animated by moving the head in the preview window. It appears to move the character instead of the camera, so the animated parts shake a bit. Of course, if you don’t have a kit you can’t preview the hairstyles.

And yes, the ponytail is static.

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

And yes, the ponytail is static.

Thanks, just saved me a hair kit.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, it’s not completely static, but it is very stiff.

I previewed it with a kit and then wiggled my character around and I saw some slight movement. It’s nowhere near what you would expect and still far from what the original hairstyles do.

buyer beware

New Hairstyles Movement?

SuLor.2840

That is so sad. The original longer hair styles have a lot of fun animation. Why leave it out of the new hair styles? Well I won’t be getting the ponytail then.

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

That is so sad. The original longer hair styles have a lot of fun animation. Why leave it out of the new hair styles? Well I won’t be getting the ponytail then.

Now I agree that some new hairstyles are nice but the lack of animation to them tells me that Anet only put minimal effort into it.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Chojin.8794

Chojin.8794

I wonder if Anet would bother to make a fix to give animation for these new hairstyles since the original had them, or else it wouldn’t be worth the gems i spend on them :/

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

On the other hand, the new Norn female hair with multiple ‘bobbles’ has amazing movement. I love to watch them bounce.

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, it’s not completely static, but it is very stiff.

I previewed it with a kit and then wiggled my character around and I saw some slight movement. It’s nowhere near what you would expect and still far from what the original hairstyles do.

buyer beware

Ok, gonna correct myself a bit.

It is kinda stiff, but I went ahead and bought the new male human ponytail hairstyle. It’s a bit static in basic movement, but it does move with your character as you jump around and ultimately, I’m happy with my purchase.

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

My human ranger has the new ponytail style in Light Peach. It does have movement at the bottom of the ponytail, the ends sway whilst running, which is more than enough swaying for me. Since it’s a rather short ponytail situated on top of the head, I wouldn’t expect much movement IRL, as there isn’t a lot of weight to it to cause bobbing up and down. It’s probably my favorite new hairstyle.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

New Hairstyles Movement?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The long double french braid has absolutely zero movement, I am not exaggerating, it’s like plastic hair. I still like it and don’t regret my purchase, because it isn’t particularly noticeable unless you zoom in on your character, but this isn’t meeting quality standards and they need to fix it.