New Halloween Outfits

New Halloween Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lady Grimm.5387

Lady Grimm.5387

I got the outfit for my female human necro because demon hooves and yes and all of the awesome, but i noticed on guys they actually get the bends in their legs while the females where thigh high stilettos with fake hooves, am I the only one that is kind of annoyed by that? I would of loved having the demon like legs instead of heels..

Lady Xquinrah – 80 Necro
Kahiri Sunwhisper – 60 Ranger
Andoryah Moonsong – 30 Thief

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

Might not be ur thing ur talking about but this outfit cam from gw1. And that how it was I like it I just wish they bring back all the gw1 armor and stuff…xenuli chest in are h o m thing ..lets us toward thing lol

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’m not annoyed that since I consider my male skins and female skins completely separate, the fact that they got the same name and ‘theme’ is merely coincidental.

EverythingOP

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The Raiment of the Lich was a Guild Wars 1 costume and except that the original had wings, it’s identical to it. There were numerous posts asking for it to be brought over to this game. It would not have worked out for them to change the legs as that’s not what was asked for and was not the original costume.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Costume
Guild Wars 1 version (the wings were undoubtably removed because they clashed with backpieces)

Attachments:

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Where is luxury black wings ?! I want it back!

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You’re right, tenklo and AP. These outfits were extremely popular in Guild Wars, and they were much requested as additions for Guild Wars 2. I understand what you’ve said, Lady Grimm, but I think as a matter of fulfilling the request — and for a sort of “cultural integrity” — it’s good that it was recreated as it was.

(And yes, I happen to be amongst those who love this set. )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

While I find it annoying, in this case it’s understandable. It’s how it was in the GW1 version of the outfit, they brought it over as faithfully as they could (except for ripping off the wings). I’m guessing that’s why charr get all messed up when they use this outfit as well, they’re trying to keep the charr version faithful.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Any word on the wings for this set, Gaile?

New Halloween Outfits

Astral Projections.7320

Personally I’m hoping for them to be a reward for the Halloween meta.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You’re right, tenklo and AP. These outfits were extremely popular in Guild Wars, and they were much requested as additions for Guild Wars 2. I understand what you’ve said, Lady Grimm, but I think as a matter of fulfilling the request — and for a sort of “cultural integrity” — it’s good that it was recreated as it was.

So we can expect to see a female ranger clad in the Raiment dyed Purple leading the congo line around Lion’s Arch this halloween?

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I would love it if we could remove the mantle, since my hair style clips with it. I’m very happy it’s so similar to the original version though.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Actually, adding them as a separate backpiece is not a bad idea.

…I don’t think that would give tails back though.

New Halloween Outfits

Astral Projections.7320

No, it won’t. My guess is the costume “removes” the legs and hips of the character model and puts on the legs and hips of the costume model. This would explain why the Charr’s tail is removed. That there is only one model and it of course is tailless.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

No, it won’t. My guess is the costume “removes” the legs and hips of the character model and puts on the legs and hips of the costume model. This would explain why the Charr’s tail is removed. That there is only one model and it of course is tailless.

always remember.. as charr you pay the same amount of money as other races… happy halloween…

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Can I buy the wings as my back piece.. I dont even need them to be dye-able…this outfit needs the wings and not the funny things on my shoulders.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Wings as a separate Back Piece please? Simply because they would look divine on so many looks, and wit ha few adjustments they could fit like the other wing back pieces we have? Please please please, Pretty please?

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Except that the legs have different proportions on charr and still animate like charr legs. Considering how the other costumes turned out, this one was a specific design decision.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

sooooo wheres my vampire outfit:P?

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Charr suffering again… I Cuts the tail off compleatly (apart from that it looks awsome) = no buy for me…..

Kima & Co

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

You’re right, tenklo and AP. These outfits were extremely popular in Guild Wars, and they were much requested as additions for Guild Wars 2. I understand what you’ve said, Lady Grimm, but I think as a matter of fulfilling the request -- and for a sort of "cultural integrity" -- it’s good that it was recreated as it was.

People preferred this one over Lunatic Court finery? Ravenheart? Agent of Balthazar?

*sobs*

(I like having at least one GW1 costume in GW2, but it still leaves a certain feeling of insufficiency)

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

People preferred this one over Lunatic Court finery? Ravenheart? Agent of Balthazar?

sobs

(I like having at least one GW1 costume in GW2, but it still leaves a certain feeling of insufficiency)

Personally, I prefer the Shining Blade Rebel outfit as worn by Salma during the War in Kryta events.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

no black wings ala guild wars 1, no buy from me. simple as that. they look sillly without wings. P.S. ARMOR SETS please anet. roughly 90% of the community if not more prefers to be able to mix’n’match.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m really hoping we can get the black wings as a backpiece skin for this Halloween. The outfits just aren’t the same without them.

Gaile, Any comments on why the wings aren’t part of the outfit?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ugly without wings. Sad that the only success u guys have is by porting content from your previous game…u have to admit that. Shows the level of design we get in the newer version of the game lol.

Even so…u missed the wings it looks ugly as hell without them. Will talk after the skin gets it’s wings back.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Gaile, is there any chance that Anet will see how much concern there is about missing charr tails and add them to the lich outfit? It just seems like an odd design choice, and charr just look… awkward without their tails (plus, I feel their tails add a lot to charr animations).

I really like the outfit, but my minocharr needs his tail to complete the look. Any kind of insight would be greatly appreciated.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Ugly without wings. Sad that the only success u guys have is by porting content from your previous game…u have to admit that. Shows the level of design we get in the newer version of the game lol.

Even so…u missed the wings it looks ugly as hell without them. Will talk after the skin gets it’s wings back.

Them putting skins from GW1 has been asked time and time again, even before the game was released or even in Beta.

It’s not so much about the level of design in GW2, but the level of design in GW1.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

So, let me get this straight, the next update is essentially reloading the Halloween event from last year (so new players can experience it I guess) and more gemstore items.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

well we can always use tequatl wings as a temporary replacement…

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Please put more GW1 ARMOR into the game as gem shop armor sets! (Like Krytan, Profane, etc).

And Scar and Tatoo armor!

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Them putting skins from GW1 has been asked time and time again, even before the game was released or even in Beta.

It’s not so much about the level of design in GW2, but the level of design in GW1.

And why do u think ppl ask for them in general? Because the current ones don’t rise up to expectations lol.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

WTB those black wings as a seperate backpiece (since they werent included on the costume to begin with)

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m okay with outfits… If we can have more where removing hands, shoulders and head pieces are an option. I would like this set a lot more without the broadened shoulders which look especially awkward on my Norn ): Still, it’s a nice set and my Necromancer is rocking it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

wasnt a vampire outfit scheduled in the datamined base?

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

New Halloween Outfits

Gryphon.2875

I’m okay with outfits… If we can have more where removing hands, shoulders and head pieces are an option. I would like this set a lot more without the broadened shoulders which look especially awkward on my Norn ): Still, it’s a nice set and my Necromancer is rocking it.

Likewise, and seconded. I’m always for hide-able armor and outfit pieces.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Maybe I’m alone here, but I wasn’t a fan of this outfit even in GW1. So…the hooves/shoes of the outfit don’t bother me in the slightest. The idea that the wings might be separate as a backpiece skin at some point, though, drives me absolutely mad with hope.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Have then made a response regarding the wings yet?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

1) Have an Asura
2) Equip said outfit
3) Remove headgear
4) Add flute in hand
5) You now have your own Satyr-character

9 Guardians later…

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

i use Tequalt wings to complete my outfit

New Halloween Outfits

Gryphon.2875

1) Have an Asura
2) Equip said outfit
3) Remove headgear
4) Add flute in hand

Now, if only I could make the devil’s horns visible on him…

Attachments:

New Halloween Outfits

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

1) Have an Asura
2) Equip said outfit
3) Remove headgear
4) Add flute in hand

Now, if only I could make the devil’s horns visible on him…

If you have the selfish potion, then you can!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.