New Infinity Tools Op

New Infinity Tools Op

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mitern.1563

Mitern.1563

I have 9 gold and am using gold daily to craft ascended gear. If I play PvE about 2 to 3 hours a day it would take me over 100 days to get the tools if I don’t buy anything else and just do the things that make gold and nothing else (i.e. leveling characters, exploring, having fun). I estimate the tools cost about 500 gold with the current exchange rate and would make about five gold a night more or less doing things that I am able to do. This is frustrating. I was really enjoying GW2, would talk to everyone about it and tell them to try it. Now i am telling them about this and they are recommending other games to me.

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol. If consumers valued productivity only over aesthetics, I fear the high-heel industry would lose billions. =P

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I grabbed the unlimited unbound magic harvesting tools, and I love the look and feel of the plant harvesting, and the mining, versions. Both of them not only look good, but they “feel” good — they act like something that might actually exist, and do what they look like they are doing.

The logging tool is the odd bird out here. There are two issues with it on my Asura — not tried on taller character — that make it just … not quite work for me.

The first one is that the three pulses target a location at about my head height on the tree, but run along the ground. So, what I see is an energy pulse flow along the ground, jump up, then jump back down and carry on to the end of the animation.

That just looks clunky, and worse, it misses some things (eg: petrified wood stumps) entirely, jumping right over them. It’s not like the other tools, in that it just doesn’t quite feel like the animation works.

The second is that it sends out exactly three discrete pulses, but harvests four wood per “cast”. That doesn’t feel great, because there is a mismatch between the visual behaviour and the mechanics of the tool. It’s not a huge thing, I’m sure, but it contributes to the feeling that it’s just not as awesome as the others.

I doubt that any of this will change, and if it did that you need my suggestions to improve it, but … I’d look at something that was more “channelling” like, so that there was a constant beam effect like the mining tool, rather than a discrete set of horizontal pulses. (or, perhaps, a series of “boom” ground effect explosions, four of them, overlapping).

Anyway, overall that’s two out of three that are completely awesome, so great job on those! Thank you!

New Infinity Tools Op

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve noticed, lately, that I’m getting 4 ‘hits’ on my regular tools (unlimited and regular), as well. Maybe it’s not just an Unbound Magic thing? (It started before the release of the Unbound Magic tools…maybe a week or two ago?)

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

i like this. better then my pez dispenser idea

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

I wouldn’t mind buying an “infusion” from the gem store to equip to my inifnite tool that let me farm watchwork/snowflakes/magics for like 250 gems. and if i wanted to change it i’d have to buy an extractor and another infusion. Someone else mentioned this and its better then my pez dispenser idea. Sounds great to me!

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Not sure it is possible, but it would be nice to see the logging tool animation synchronized with it’s harvesting of 4 logs. Visually it would increase the speed, which would be nice, as it seems sort of slow currently.

However, that being said, I highly doubt it will ever be touched. I reported a bug a long time ago with the Flute logging tool in which use of it occasionally causes the player to be rooted in place after a full cycle has completed, making the ‘w’ key ineffective for a few seconds. It is extremely annoying, but Arenanet has determined it is not worth their time to fix (just one more in a long list of things that make me roll my eyes when someone praises how “polished” the game is).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Foolish comparison. Watchwork sporcket is a not so valuable currency elsewhere unbound magic is required for the many selectable ascended trinkets and some recipes.

It’s only the secondary currency, the primary currency is still the zone’s specific harvesting material, like winterberries and blood rubies.

Furthermore, the gathering tool purchasable from those vendors are merely half the quantity which signify the value of such a tool. Are you trying hard to justify p2w contents?

It’s never pay to win if an equal substitute already exists ingame, it’s called pay2convenience

You are trying really hard to justify it, you should play f2p game if that’s how you think.

no, because ion a F2P game the money store usually sells stuff that gives a boost that ISN’T already available in the game, meaning a UNIQUE boost and not just a convenience boost. and how is applying common sense “trying really hard”

Then the number of f2p games you have played is limited. There are plenty of f2p games, some of which allow you to purchase things through cash, things that are already available in game thus claiming it is unique is false.

This so-called convenience isn’t just convenience, it is giving players a clear advantage in terms of farming speed. An average player has to go back and forth numerous time, even more times compare to normal tools due to half quantity. The unlimited gathering tool can harvest faster than normal tool. The time difference is already a clear cut advantage.

You are trying hard to justify the tool, even sugar coating it as convenience.

time doesn’t equal oppertunity, it’s not sugarcoating it, time is a form of convenience. I paid for the MINI-speed boost, I mean, what, 1-2 seconds a rich node? 99.9% of the time in farming will still be the walking between nodes, rather the mining itself. The difference can hardly be felt on a single node. Besides, would you suffer from another player saving 1 second on a rich node? would it harm your farming? no, and why? because nodes aren’t competitive. You can still get all the same resources as the buyers’ do, they just paid 35 euros for a 1 second boost. I really cannot in any justifiable way call it more than convenience
You can also buy swiftness and +5% damage boosts in the gem store, so by your logic this game was p2w since beta.

When time accumulate, it is something, that is logic. Your’s is just personal opinion using logic as a pretense. Furthermore, you don’t understand logic either. While those swiftness and whatever boosts do give advantage to the players, it doesn’t affect the gameplay negatively as it is only usable in pve context elsewhere this gathering tool has long term effects.

and why do the boosts I mention not have a long term effect?
if a player has 5% more damage, doesn’t that mean he kills everything 5% faster, and therefore has that time to do more stuff which will allow him to get more loot? and you say they don’t affect the gameplay negatively, well, I say, neither do these gathering tools

Simply because pve loots are shared while gathering loots is personal?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Foolish comparison. Watchwork sporcket is a not so valuable currency elsewhere unbound magic is required for the many selectable ascended trinkets and some recipes.

It’s only the secondary currency, the primary currency is still the zone’s specific harvesting material, like winterberries and blood rubies.

Furthermore, the gathering tool purchasable from those vendors are merely half the quantity which signify the value of such a tool. Are you trying hard to justify p2w contents?

It’s never pay to win if an equal substitute already exists ingame, it’s called pay2convenience

You are trying really hard to justify it, you should play f2p game if that’s how you think.

no, because ion a F2P game the money store usually sells stuff that gives a boost that ISN’T already available in the game, meaning a UNIQUE boost and not just a convenience boost. and how is applying common sense “trying really hard”

Then the number of f2p games you have played is limited. There are plenty of f2p games, some of which allow you to purchase things through cash, things that are already available in game thus claiming it is unique is false.

This so-called convenience isn’t just convenience, it is giving players a clear advantage in terms of farming speed. An average player has to go back and forth numerous time, even more times compare to normal tools due to half quantity. The unlimited gathering tool can harvest faster than normal tool. The time difference is already a clear cut advantage.

time doesn’t equal oppertunity, it’s not sugarcoating it, time is a form of convenience. I paid for the MINI-speed boost, I mean, what, 1-2 seconds a rich node? 99.9% of the time in farming will still be the walking between nodes, rather the mining itself. The difference can hardly be felt on a single node. Besides, would you suffer from another player saving 1 second on a rich node? would it harm your farming? no, and why? because nodes aren’t competitive. You can still get all the same resources as the buyers’ do, they just paid 35 euros for a 1 second boost. I really cannot in any justifiable way call it more than convenience
You can also buy swiftness and +5% damage boosts in the gem store, so by your logic this game was p2w since beta.

When time accumulate, it is something, that is logic. Your’s is just personal opinion using logic as a pretense. Furthermore, you don’t understand logic either. While those swiftness and whatever boosts do give advantage to the players, it doesn’t affect the gameplay negatively as it is only usable in pve context elsewhere this gathering tool has long term effects.

if a player has 5% more damage, doesn’t that mean he kills everything 5% faster, and therefore has that time to do more stuff which will allow him to get more loot? and you say they don’t affect the gameplay negatively, well, I say, neither do these gathering tools

PvE loot is also personal. When I open a chest, you can open the chest as well, when I kill a champion and you kill a champion we both get a loot bag.
When I log a tree with the new gathering tools I get wood and unbound magic, when you log a tree with the season 3 gathering tools you get wood and unbound magic. I get them a little faster, but I paid money for that, I don’t get any MORE than you did. As of such, convenience, not oppertunity.

PvE loot is personal, gathering loot is personal. PvE resources are shared, gathering nodes are shared.

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When I log a tree with the new gathering tools I get wood and unbound magic, when you log a tree with the season 3 gathering tools you get wood and unbound magic.

And when someone logs a tree with one of the previous infinite logging tools, they get wood but no unbound magic. You pay the same, but get more.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New Infinity Tools Op

Amaimon.7823

When I log a tree with the new gathering tools I get wood and unbound magic, when you log a tree with the season 3 gathering tools you get wood and unbound magic.

And when someone logs a tree with one of the previous infinite logging tools, they get wood but no unbound magic. You pay the same, but get more.

yes, that’s true, the previous infinite logging tools are different. However, that’s a choice you make. They’re free to unequip the previous infinite tools and equip the new infinite tools OR the season 3 bought tools.

However, this isn’t a discussion of whether or the sale is fair for people who bought previous infinite tools, the discussion is whether or not the tools are pay to win or pay for convenience, and currently, the arm is leaning to pay for convenience

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

yes, that’s true, the previous infinite logging tools are different. However, that’s a choice you make. They’re free to unequip the previous infinite tools and equip the new infinite tools OR the season 3 bought tools.

Then they pay double to get the same.

However, this isn’t a discussion of whether or the sale is fair for people who bought previous infinite tools, the discussion is whether or not the tools are pay to win or pay for convenience, and currently, the arm is leaning to pay for convenience

Which still doesn’t make the existence of those tools okay.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New Infinity Tools Op

Amaimon.7823

Which still doesn’t make the existence of those tools okay.

[/quote]

That’s an opinion you’re fairly entitled to.

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Let’s talk about features of the UM buffed tools that aren’t opinions.

In the context of the verb “to harvest”, buffed tools are objectively more productive than tools without a buff. Buffed harvesting tools qualify as gear progression.

In the context of pay to win, as long as a buff is available in game, that buff can not be considered pay to win.

In the context of the gem/gold exchange, what the heck does P2W even mean?

Historically, infinite gathering tools offered infinite uses and a choice of animation aesthetics.

To maintain maximum harvesting tool productivity, to navigate harvesting tool gear progression, past consumers of un-buffed infinite tools have to abandon the freedom to choose aesthetics.

We don’t know yet if the UM buffed harvesting tools will be a permanent offering or a temporary offering.

In my opinion, a temporary offering of gear progression is the most manipulative type of gear progression possible for a game studio to offer.

In my opinion, a studio that has designed a game around the value proposition of aesthetic freedom should not abandon that value proposition.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

P2w game yo, I didn’t sign up for this.

You have been ‘signing up’ for it the day watchwork pick was released … it’s a problem for you just now? That’s not really an honest assessment of what you think is it?

Foolish comparison. Watchwork sporcket is a not so valuable currency elsewhere unbound magic is required for the many selectable ascended trinkets and some recipes. Furthermore, the gathering tool purchasable from those vendors are merely half the quantity which signify the value of such a tool. Are you trying hard to justify p2w contents?

Sorry, there is no foolish comparison there. The guy has a problem with P2Win items … except he’s been playing a game that has arguably BETTER P2Win items in it for years prior to this release. I mean, what you said doesn’t even make sense … Watchwork pick is a not so valuable currency? I would argue that converting sprockets to gold is the MOST valuable currency you can get. Once you get what you need with magic, then what? I have a never ending need for gold.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

PvE loot is also personal. When I open a chest, you can open the chest as well, when I kill a champion and you kill a champion we both get a loot bag.
When I log a tree with the new gathering tools I get wood and unbound magic, when you log a tree with the season 3 gathering tools you get wood and unbound magic. I get them a little faster, but I paid money for that, I don’t get any MORE than you did. As of such, convenience, not oppertunity.

PvE loot is personal, gathering loot is personal. PvE resources are shared, gathering nodes are shared.

You missed the point completely. You are saying how does 5% damage not give advantage to individual. I am saying it doesn’t because loots are shared, everyone can hit the same mobs and still get the credit for the loots thus the the additional 5% advantage isn’t really advantage despite killing faster. However, gathering is literally personal since their advantage is not shared to you.

Your perspective is narrow.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

You have been ‘signing up’ for it the day watchwork pick was released … it’s a problem for you just now? That’s not really an honest assessment of what you think is it?

Foolish comparison. Watchwork sporcket is a not so valuable currency elsewhere unbound magic is required for the many selectable ascended trinkets and some recipes. Furthermore, the gathering tool purchasable from those vendors are merely half the quantity which signify the value of such a tool. Are you trying hard to justify p2w contents?

Sorry, there is no foolish comparison there. The guy has a problem with P2Win items … except he’s been playing a game that has arguably BETTER P2Win items in it for years prior to this release. I mean, what you said doesn’t even make sense … Watchwork pick is a not so valuable currency? I would argue that converting sprockets to gold is the MOST valuable currency you can get. Once you get what you need with magic, then what? I have a never ending need for gold.

Golds is valuable? Really? Magic bound is required for you to get ascended trinkets, plainly gear advantage. I am pretty sure you a pure PvE player, it doesn’t matter for PvEr of course, why would PvEr care about p2w anyway.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Golds is valuable? Really? Magic bound is required for you to get ascended trinkets, plainly gear advantage. I am pretty sure you a pure PvE player, it doesn’t matter for PvEr of course, why would PvEr care about p2w anyway.

1. It’s not required to get ascended gear as those stat combinations existed before LS3.

2. You can get unbound magic much quicker by doing the Bitterfrost farm.

3. It’s not p2w if players already have access to similar tools such as the non-infinite ones from the heart vendors.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

1. It’s not required to get ascended gear as those stat combinations existed before LS3.

3. It’s not p2w if players already have access to similar tools such as the non-infinite ones from the heart vendors.

1. It is required of you to do raid, not everyone does raid and the rate to get those is slower in comparison.

2. So? Comparing apple and orange?

3. Already explained, scroll up.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Amaimon.7823

You missed the point completely. You are saying how does 5% damage not give advantage to individual. I am saying it doesn’t because loots are shared, everyone can hit the same mobs and still get the credit for the loots thus the the additional 5% advantage isn’t really advantage despite killing faster. However, gathering is literally personal since their advantage is not shared to you.

Your perspective is narrow.

Your argument only works in a world event where both parties are fighting the SAME mob. If I’m farming monsters in map A with 5% power boost and you’re fighting enemies enemies in map B without, then it goes with logic that after an hour I’ve killed 5% more creatures.

My narrow perspective must be colossal compared to yours, since you start nickpicking semantics over content

New Infinity Tools Op

Ayrilana.1396

1. It is required of you to do raid, not everyone does raid and the rate to get those is slower in comparison.

1) I was referring to it not being required to need unbound magic to get ascended.

2) Obtaining unbound magic can be done at a much greater rate without the tools making the impact of the tools less significant. Players are not put at a disadvantage if they choose not to get those tools.

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I too wish there was some type of exchange policy. On April 12, 2017 I bought the Gathering Infinite Basic Pack. Forty-two days later I found out the new tools weren’t just cosmetic. I asked to exchange the tools I purchased and pay the difference. I was advised, "The Gathering Infinite Basic Pack you purchased from the gem store greatly exceeds our allowed timeframe for gem refunds. "

I don’t buy anything for looks. I buy bank slots, shared inventory slots, Living World Chapters and things that help me play the game. I am on a limited income and must save up for the things I want. For me, the Infinite Tools where convenient and I don’t have to be concerned with carrying a back up set of tools

I’ve been trying to get unbound magic to get ascended trinkets and back. A partial refund and a refund that must be used immediately in the store was mentioned. Great ideas!

(edited for grammar and spelling)

I hear you. I would even be fine if the solution was to send them to a second account that you owned. Not that my other account does much gathering. She is mostly login rewards and mystic forge but at least it would feel like I was doing SOMETHING with the tools. The idea of equipping them on another character is pointless. If I wanted to do gathering with that character I would want to use the UM tools anyway.

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’d be happy if they’d just fix the fact that they are the only tools that force your to unsheathe your weapons and it’s annoying.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t combat animations and non-combat animations and the person assigned to it used combat animations because it was easier to implement the effects, and now we’re stuck with it. Just slap a command on the end to sheathe weapons if they are unsheathed if that is the case and you can’t change the animation.

New Infinity Tools Op

Obtena.7952

If you aren’t going to recognize the value of the most versatile, applicable currency in this game, there is no reason to recognize your argument BASED on the value of a currency.

Furthermore, you are also wrong that Magix if required for you to get ascended trinkets and even though you can get trinkets with magic, it doesn’t necessarily come from these tools.

In short, your arguments just don’t make sense.

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Your argument only works in a world event where both parties are fighting the SAME mob. If I’m farming monsters in map A with 5% power boost and you’re fighting enemies enemies in map B without, then it goes with logic that after an hour I’ve killed 5% more creatures.

My narrow perspective must be colossal compared to yours, since you start nickpicking semantics over content

Your argument is moot since the fact that mobs are shared does not change. You are trying to force a scenario where you can make a equivalent comparison to the gathering tool but in reality, it is not comparable as long mobs-are-shared point is valid. You are trying hard even though you can’t win in logical argument, I give you credit for that but you are not trying hard enough.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

If you aren’t going to recognize the value of the most versatile, applicable currency in this game, there is no reason to recognize your argument BASED on the value of a currency.

Furthermore, you are also wrong that Magix if required for you to get ascended trinkets and even though you can get trinkets with magic, it doesn’t necessarily come from these tools.

Oh, versatile, you mean like gold can buy unbound magic, map tokens and etc? It can’t and so how versatile is that?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

1) I was referring to it not being required to need unbound magic to get ascended.

2) Obtaining unbound magic can be done at a much greater rate without the tools making the impact of the tools less significant. Players are not put at a disadvantage if they choose not to get those tools.

1. Erm? So? The fact it does now and everyone has access to that so it is equalize in that perspective.

2. It does give advantage even though is minimum, it is really a matter of principle here. If people allow forms of p2w contents in then anet can add more things that have more impacts since people tolerance and acceptance grew.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Ayrilana.1396

1. Erm? So? The fact it does now and everyone has access to that so it is equalize in that perspective.

Unbound magic is not required to get ascended trinkets. You can get ascended trinkets elsewhere in the game for all stat combinations. Unbound magic is only required for ascended trinkets from the LS3 maps. If you disagree with me about any of this then give your evidence as it’s pretty self-evident to everyone that has played the game prior to July 2016 that ascended trinkets could be obtained, and still can, from non-LS3 maps.

2. It does give advantage even though is minimum, it is really a matter of principle here. If people allow forms of p2w contents in then anet can add more things that have more impacts since people tolerance and acceptance grew.

The only advantage is not having to go to a vendor to purchase another set of tools. That convenience isn’t p2w.

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Unbound magic is not required to get ascended trinkets. You can get ascended trinkets elsewhere in the game for all stat combinations. Unbound magic is only required for ascended trinkets from the LS3 maps. If you disagree with me about any of this then give your evidence as it’s pretty self-evident to everyone that has played the game prior to July 2016 that ascended trinkets could be obtained, and still can, from non-LS3 maps.

Please scroll up. Don’t post for the sake of posting.

The only advantage is not having to go to a vendor to purchase another set of tools. That convenience isn’t p2w.

Scroll up.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Scroll up.

You’re the one who isn’t listening. You’re the one declaring P2W because of your insistence that ascended trinkets require unbound magic, which isn’t true. Nowhere do you back this up with facts.

You ignore that the same functionality, generating unbound magic with limited use gathering tools, is available for karma. Doesn’t matter that the limited unbound tools have half the charges of the orichalcum ones. Any player in the LWS3 map can buy them.

Now if you want to argue that by being 10% cheaper as a set of any other unlimited tools, except the generic ones, while generating “currency”, then that’s an argument that can be made. But the insistence that unbound magic is needed to get ascended trinkets isn’t.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

New Infinity Tools Op

Amaimon.7823

Your argument is moot since the fact that mobs are shared does not change. You are trying to force a scenario where you can make a equivalent comparison to the gathering tool but in reality, it is not comparable as long mobs-are-shared point is valid. You are trying hard even though you can’t win in logical argument, I give you credit for that but you are not trying hard enough.

“I am unable to raise a point that holds on its own, so I am going to say your points are invalid”
great bait, m8, 8/8, would deb8 with you again, looks we’re done. you’re out of arguments

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Scroll up.

You’re the one who isn’t listening. You’re the one declaring P2W because of your insistence that ascended trinkets require unbound magic, which isn’t true. Nowhere do you back this up with facts.

You ignore that the same functionality, generating unbound magic with limited use gathering tools, is available for karma. Doesn’t matter that the limited unbound tools have half the charges of the orichalcum ones. Any player in the LWS3 map can buy them.

Now if you want to argue that by being 10% cheaper as a set of any other unlimited tools, except the generic ones, while generating “currency”, they that’s an argument that can be made. But the insistence that unbound magic is needed to get ascended trinkets isn’t.

You are not reading or basically selectively reading things. As already mentioned, those ways to obtain ascended trinkets are accessible by everyone via the same method (without cash involved), like it or not, it is equalized in that perspective but you like the rest of the people, butting into an argument without wanting to understand the head and tail of the argument. Then what, I have to repeat all over again in by rephrasing it while having the same meaning? For what? For people that don’t read?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

“I am unable to raise a point that holds on its own, so I am going to say your points are invalid”
great bait, m8, 8/8, would deb8 with you again, looks we’re done. you’re out of arguments

Apparently you have run out of logic and moving on to fallacy.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Ayrilana.1396

Scroll up.

Now if you want to argue that by being 10% cheaper as a set of any other unlimited tools, except the generic ones, while generating “currency”, they that’s an argument that can be made. But the insistence that unbound magic is needed to get ascended trinkets isn’t.

You are not reading or basically selectively reading things. As already mentioned, those ways to obtain ascended trinkets are accessible by everyone via the same method (without cash involved), like it or not, it is equalized in that perspective but you like the rest of the people, butting into an argument without wanting to understand the head and tail of the argument. Then what, I have to repeat all over again in by rephrasing it while having the same meaning? For what? For people that don’t read?

You’re the one that isn’t reading.

You claimed multiple times that unbound magic is required for ascended trinkets. This is untrue as you can acquire ascended trinkets outside of the LS3 maps. This is a fact.

When it comes to ascended trinkets on the LS3 maps, players are equal in regards to acquisition. Bitterfrost Frontier farm is a great way to quickly amass UB. The limiting factor to acquiring ascended trinkets on these maps are the individual currencies specific to a given map.

New Infinity Tools Op

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have never purchased an Ascended Trinket with Unbound Magic (not my thing, I prefer Nodes and Minis). Yet, strangely enough, many of my characters wear Ascended Trinkets. How is this possible?

New Infinity Tools Op

Amaimon.7823

I have presented my logic in a structured manner. You defute it on no other premise than “I’m trying too hard” while I’m doing nothing more than using common sense. That combined with the way how you have been talking to the other people on this topic make me come to the conclusion that you never came here to have a discussion, but only to raise your misinformed opinion and continue to press it repeatedly until we give up on the matter. As of us, I hope you have a nice day, buy or don’t buy the tools and do as you please. We will not regard your opinions on this matter for the community, and continue to use or not use the tools based on a LOGICAL decision.

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Scroll up.

You’re the one that isn’t reading.

You claimed multiple times that unbound magic is required for ascended trinkets. This is untrue as you can acquire ascended trinkets outside of the LS3 maps. This is a fact.

When it comes to ascended trinkets on the LS3 maps, players are equal in regards to acquisition. Bitterfrost Frontier farm is a great way to quickly amass UB. The limiting factor to acquiring ascended trinkets on these maps are the individual currencies specific to a given map.

Then scroll up. My very first post of me mentioning ascended trinket is “many selectable ascended trinkets”. If you want me to elaborate (which you don’t want me to since you happily twisted my words), “many” refer to literally many and that is to say not “all” which you are implying and happily implying at. Selectable in this case with reference to the LS3 selectable trinket, only raid trinkets is in comparable level.

Since I did mention head and tail of argument in another post, it also means that I no longer see need to type “many” and simply shorten it to "ascended trinket. You don’t read.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Unbound Magic is required for some selectable-stat Ascended Trinkets, but not all.

Some can be had without even stepping foot in Raids! =)

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

I have presented my logic in a structured manner. You defute it on no other premise than “I’m trying too hard” while I’m doing nothing more than using common sense. That combined with the way how you have been talking to the other people on this topic make me come to the conclusion that you never came here to have a discussion, but only to raise your misinformed opinion and continue to press it repeatedly until we give up on the matter. As of us, I hope you have a nice day, buy or don’t buy the tools and do as you please. We will not regard your opinions on this matter for the community, and continue to use or not use the tools based on a LOGICAL decision.

Erm, it is funny. First thing first, you say it isn’t p2w because it is a form of convenience, after another user posted a fact that it harvest faster than other tools. You then argue it doesn’t matter if it is faster even if it is a fact.

You also said it is not like f2p cash shop. I find it ironic because people in f2p game do buy cash shops items exactly because it is convenience. (Right, this is a new argument)

You then compare it to 5% damage booster in gem store and even forced a scenario to make it comparable example even when I mentioned before the fact that mobs loots are shared while gather nodes are not thus is not comparable. If your common sense dictate that it is alright to compare two things that has a noticeable fundamental difference, then yes, mine isn’t a common sense.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Unbound Magic is required for some selectable-stat Ascended Trinkets, but not all.

But the some doesn’t include hot specific stats. Raid was special because only in that place you can get specific hot stats. It was a primary complain for hot trinkets for non-raiders before they make it more accessible via LS3.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

The infinite UM buffed harvesting tools can provide an objectively measured increase in function and still not be P2W. The karma versions diffuse any claim of P2W.

In the context of ‘over powered’, I could make the argument that the karma versions are more economically powerful than the gem store versions. Assuming gold was used to purchase the gem store version, the karma version begins earning gold profit sooner and the gem store version will never be able to catch up.

Rather than arguing the minutiae of ‘OPness’ or P2W, just tell Anet what you think of harvesting tool gear progression in general.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

New Infinity Tools Op

Inculpatus cedo.9234

But the some doesn’t include hot specific stats. Raid was special because only in that place you can get specific hot stats. It was a primary complain for hot trinkets for non-raiders before they make it more accessible via LS3.

Really? I thought the Mordrem Loop has HoT stats. Hmm.

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Really? I thought the Mordrem Loop has HoT stats. Hmm.

It does, I have that. I see what you getting at, it wasn’t the only place to get for amulet but it was still the only place to get more for amulet.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Obtena.7952

Oh, versatile, you mean like gold can buy unbound magic, map tokens and etc? It can’t and so how versatile is that?

Just because gold can’t buy those things doesn’t mean it’s not more versatile of a currency than unbound magic. Gold buys a great deal more things than magic every does. If trinkets are the BEST things that magic can get, then you just sunk your own argument for magic being more versatile and desirable than gold is.

Besides, the argument here isn’t is magic is more useful than gold (though it is), it’s if getting magic from tools is better than getting gold. It’s not and the limited number of items you can get from magic is just ONE of those reasons, not THE reason.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Just because gold can’t buy those things doesn’t mean it’s not more versatile of a currency than unbound magic. Gold buys a great deal more things than magic every does. If trinkets are the BEST things that magic can get, then you just sunk your own argument for magic being more versatile and desirable than gold is.

Besides, the argument here isn’t is magic is more useful than gold (though it is), it’s if getting magic from tools is better than getting gold. It’s not and the limited number of items you can get from magic is just ONE of those reasons, not THE reason.

Right….
You were talking about sprocket so let talks about sprocket a bit more. Sure, you can sell sprocket to turn it to golds. Yes, but you know why it isn’t really valuable? It is because you can buy them with golds, is exchangeable trade item. How about magic? Magic is like karma but not as plentiful as karma. You can convert it golds just like karma by turning it to trade-able items and put it on TP. However, just like karma, you can’t buy magic with golds. Since golds is your only argument, golds can’t buy magic but magic can be convert to gold, any more you want to know?

Regardless, I only go along with your golds whatever talks because I want to see how you link it up to p2w but I fail to see it. What are you trying say?

Edit: Actually you just highlighted the p2w aspect of the item. It is not tradeable, is a personal gain like the logic behind the 5% bonus damage argument above. Thanks man.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Ototo.3214

Ototo.3214

I bought the infinite tools for aesthetic, functionality, and QoL purposes. And the fact that these new tools make the functionality of my old tools inferior kittenes me off. I got the new tools because I like the animations for a character, but I’d still like to use my cosmic tools on another character without feeling like I’m missing out. I’d like to be able to skin the tools any way I want without feeling gypped.

New Infinity Tools Op

Obtena.7952

Right….
You were talking about sprocket so let talks about sprocket a bit more. Sure, you can sell sprocket to turn it to golds. Yes, but you know why it isn’t really valuable? It is because you can buy them with golds, is exchangeable trade item. How about magic? Magic is like karma but not as plentiful as karma. You can convert it golds just like karma by turning it to trade-able items and put it on TP. However, just like karma, you can’t buy magic with golds. Since golds is your only argument, golds can’t buy magic but magic can be convert to gold, any more you want to know?

Regardless, I only go along with your golds whatever talks because I want to see how you link it up to p2w but I fail to see it. What are you trying say?

Edit: Actually you just highlighted the p2w aspect of the item. It is not tradeable, is a personal gain like the logic behind the 5% bonus damage argument above. Thanks man.

Magic is not more valuable than gold, otherwise there would be little interest in it’s conversion to gold in the first place. It’s only buys a limited number of items and to do that, also requires other currencies that you have to farm; therefore, magic itself is worthless as a currency once you purchase the few items you can with it … ironically, those secondary currencies are farmed in the same area you can readily farm magic. The thing that makes gold a more valuable currency is exactly the fact that it’s exchangeable for goods and back to gold.

Anyways, the whole point of the P2Win here is that IF someone would conclude that this is a P2Win game because of being able to purchase items that drop currencies, then obviously that’s a rather ignorant view, considering you could buy gold via gems since day one. Complaining you can get magic with a set of gathering tools is minuscule to the “WIN” buying power of gems.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I think all of the old Infinity Tools should also get the unbound Magic Gathering.

I just got the new set of tools and its really lovely, however i see no reason for people to buy any of the old sets now.

I have got quite a collection of tools (Trying to get all my caracthers with a diferent set of infinity tools) but i cant help to feel that feels silly the old sets not giving the unbound Magic as well.

Hope u adress this soon as there will be no reason for players to get any of the older tools and that feels like a waste to me.

I bought infinity tools (Consortium Scythe, Molten Pick, Nightmare Axe) back in season one before they introduced the watchwork axe. And I’m still somewhat miffed that they haven’t done anything retroactively to make old tools more appealing.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

New Infinity Tools Op

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think all of the old Infinity Tools should also get the unbound Magic Gathering.

I just got the new set of tools and its really lovely, however i see no reason for people to buy any of the old sets now.

I have got quite a collection of tools (Trying to get all my caracthers with a diferent set of infinity tools) but i cant help to feel that feels silly the old sets not giving the unbound Magic as well.

Hope u adress this soon as there will be no reason for players to get any of the older tools and that feels like a waste to me.

I bought infinity tools (Consortium Scythe, Molten Pick, Nightmare Axe) back in season one before they introduced the watchwork axe. And I’m still somewhat miffed that they haven’t done anything retroactively to make old tools more appealing.

I did the same. It never has realy upset me, but it has made me cautious about buying things in the gemstore.

New Infinity Tools Op

SkyShroud.2865

Magic is not more valuable than gold, otherwise there would be little interest in it’s conversion to gold in the first place. It’s only buys a limited number of items and to do that, also requires other currencies that you have to farm; therefore, magic itself is worthless as a currency once you purchase the few items you can with it … ironically, those secondary currencies are farmed in the same area you can readily farm magic. The thing that makes gold a more valuable currency is exactly the fact that it’s exchangeable for goods and back to gold.

Anyways, the whole point of the P2Win here is that IF someone would conclude that this is a P2Win game because of being able to purchase items that drop currencies, then obviously that’s a rather ignorant view, considering you could buy gold via gems since day one. Complaining you can get magic with a set of gathering tools is minuscule to the “WIN” buying power of gems.

You contradicted yourselves isn’t it? Gold is valuable because it can use to trade but it can’t trade for magic but magic can be converted to goods to be traded. You decided it is worthless on the presume that once people bought it but I have to highlight it is still only after everyone bought it and thus in that case, the value is still there.

Sure, you can buy gems with golds but just to be clear, magic is not a trade-able item. If one can buy a item using cash that can generate magic while contributing nothing back into the ingame economic, that is p2w itself. Are you aware that many f2p mmo has made their cash items trade-able and some even use cash currency as the main currency, all just to balance out the game by allowing players to trade with one another, all again just to reduce the impact on cash shops items. However, that is not case for this, nothing is contributed back into the economic and still having personal gain.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com