New, Instantly attacked and reported.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gizmo.5078

Gizmo.5078

What is up with people in MMO’s forgetting that they were new to these types of games once and figuring things out? I hop into a PvP ranked math be accident not knowing there was a starting place in PvP and I said hey I’m new and I am attacked by my whole team and then I said fine I’ll just leave, because I have bad anxiety and I don’t play a game to be looked down on so I tried to leave, you can’t leave ranked so I sat there and went to get food till it kicked me. I understand that in itself is bad, but they won the round anyways and i avoided to much harassment since they had to focus, and still they tried to get me a 72 hours ban which if I get I’m just gonna say screw it and go back to sandbox RPG’s where I can be in isolation away from the people who think they matter because they WASTE time and money like everyone else who plays video games on a fake world that gets you know where and teaches you nothing in life and they just happen to be better at it lol.

Posted by: JonnyBlu.3486

JonnyBlu.3486

You could have stayed, tried your best, and actually learned something from the experience.

But you deliberately went afk during a rated match. They reported an afker.

I see no problem here.

(edited by JonnyBlu.3486)

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

Just for the record, if you have bad anxiety and don’t play games to get looked down on then PvP is probably not the best place, especially in this game.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Anxiety and PvP don’t mix. Find a nice casual guild and run around the world more. That’s what I do.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not only does the internet breed bad manners through anonymity but PvP is notorious for it. If you are going to PvP then you will need a thick skin.

I also suggest you stick to PvE. If you want to do PvP try WvW. The enemies there can’t insult you unless you party up with them to hear what they are going to say.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

Actually don’t do WvW. It’s worse than regular PvP, the only difference is there will be nobody to insult you verbally.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

OP, the forums sometimes aren’t much better. It can be like an out-of-game PvP experience on occasion. With referees.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Actually don’t do WvW. It’s worse than regular PvP, the only difference is there will be nobody to insult you verbally.

I don’t normally do WvW. How can it be worse if they don’t insult you verbally? Unless you lie there after death while they abuse your body or something. In that case, waypoint out when killed?

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

He went to PvP by accident, and had no intention of harming his team.

OP, really sorry you got such a bad reaction from that. Give GW2 another chance, and stick to PvE. I seriously doubt they’ll ban you for your first infraction – all I know is people getting a dishonorable debuff that denies them entering pvp matches until it wears out. I’m not sure how it works since I never got the buff myself.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

PvPers are notorious for acting like terrible human beings. I know it’s hard when you feel like everyone is looking at you and putting pressure on you. The reality is that most of the time, you are putting more pressure on yourself than they ever could.

The truth is, they want to win and they want to win really badly. It doesn’t excuse their actions, but it’s why they are so quick to judge people who might hurt their chances of winning.

In other words, it’s not you, it’s them. Keep in perspective the fact that most of the time, these people are not trying to hurt you, but rather they’re trying to protect their own desires and are reacting out of fear.

Keep calm and do your thing. It’s all you can do. If that’s not enough for others, then too bad. You will never win everyone’s approval.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I wish i had anxiety attacks so I could blame things on it and get instant sympathy. Unfortunately 11c happened.

Cant leave a ranked match? alt-f4 called. Call me mean if you want but come come now.

" because they WASTE time and money like everyone else who plays video games on a fake world that gets you know where and teaches you nothing in life and they just happen to be better at it lol."

Insulted quite a few people there with no regards to their circumstances because you are instantly more important. pls.

met my gf of 5 years in gw1 that fake world. Got my first taste of leading numerous groups by being a guild leader. Learned quite a bit of Russian in that fake world where no one learns anything. Met some of my best and closest friends who have flown around the world to meet and laugh in person in these games that get me nowhere.

be a victim more.

dont even get me started on the people who I have met who use mmo’s to become more social, get over anxiety, learn. bad anxiety and hops on forums and makes a rage post threatening to quit? yea sure. thats real common with bad anxiety.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

You could have stayed, tried your best, and actually learned something from the experience.

I see no problem here.

Why do people like you exist?

Because he’s right?

“No, I don’t.”

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I see no problem here.

Because he’s right?

No, he’s not. OP stated that he entered by accident, and had every intention of leaving as soon as the verbal bashing began. Why on earth should he help a group that’s verbally tearing him a new one?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Labjax.2465

I wish i had anxiety attacks so I could blame things on it and get instant sympathy. Unfortunately 11c happened.

Cant leave a ranked match? alt-f4 called. Call me mean if you want but come come now.

" because they WASTE time and money like everyone else who plays video games on a fake world that gets you know where and teaches you nothing in life and they just happen to be better at it lol."

Insulted quite a few people there with no regards to their circumstances because you are instantly more important. pls.

met my gf of 5 years in gw1 that fake world. Got my first taste of leading numerous groups by being a guild leader. Learned quite a bit of Russian in that fake world where no one learns anything. Met some of my best and closest friends who have flown around the world to meet and laugh in person in these games that get me nowhere.

be a victim more.

dont even get me started on the people who I have met who use mmo’s to become more social, get over anxiety, learn. bad anxiety and hops on forums and makes a rage post threatening to quit? yea sure. thats real common with bad anxiety.

He felt attacked, so he attacked back. Rather than confronting the people directly (which would take a lot of courage under high anxiety stress) he did it indirectly on the forums. It actually makes a lot of psychological sense if you understand how anxiety works.

And by the way, no you don’t wish you had anxiety attacks. There is no comfort in “being a victim” when one has bad anxiety – it’s about as comforting as the fleeting sense of self-worth that a bully gets from putting someone else down. The way you are talking about anxiety is a bit like telling a sick person to just “generate the right anti-bodies and get over it already.”

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

PvPers are notorious for acting like terrible human beings. I know it’s hard when you feel like everyone is looking at you and putting pressure on you. The reality is that most of the time, you are putting more pressure on yourself than they ever could.

The truth is, they want to win and they want to win really badly. It doesn’t excuse their actions, but it’s why they are so quick to judge people who might hurt their chances of winning.

In other words, it’s not you, it’s them. Keep in perspective the fact that most of the time, these people are not trying to hurt you, but rather they’re trying to protect their own desires and are reacting out of fear.

Keep calm and do your thing. It’s all you can do. If that’s not enough for others, then too bad. You will never win everyone’s approval.

Jeez, thanks for painting every PvPer in a bad light. You make us all sound like we’re bloodthristy elitists. Not every PvPer deserves that bad rep.

Imagine if this was a fractal or dungeon, and he couldn’t leave. PvE players would have acted the same way. Everyone is human and makes mistakes.

DonQuack.9025

Unfortunately 11c happened. I was home schooled because of my attacks.

Also I didnt say anywhere how he should get better.
He made poor excuses for his behaviour. I offered the well know alt-f4 rather than afking.
he indirectly insulted me. I directly confronted him with my opinion.

Also I routinely tell sick people get over it already. and you know what. It works.

I think you mean to make a better comparison. Perhaps use kitten. sick is quite a general term.

Labjax.2465

Jeez, thanks for painting every PvPer in a bad light. You make us all sound like we’re bloodthristy elitists. Not every PvPer deserves that bad rep.

Imagine if this was a fractal or dungeon, and he couldn’t leave. PvE players would have acted the same way. Everyone is human and makes mistakes.

Nah, don’t take it personally. I said “PvPers are notorious for acting like terrible human beings,” not “all PvPers are terrible human beings.” I figured the rest of it was clearly in reference to the ones who behavior poorly.

If it wasn’t clear, then hopefully it is now. You can safely assume that unless I’ve completely lost my mind, you will never find me putting down an entire group in a prejudiced way.

Or words to that effect.

Labjax.2465

He made poor excuses for his behaviour. I offered the well know alt-f4 rather than afking.

Also I routinely tell sick people get over it already. and you know what. It works.

I think you mean to make a better comparison. Perhaps use kitten. sick is quite a general term.

What is 11c?

Or words to that effect.

DonQuack.9025

Dont see much difference in " Pvpers typically act like terrible human beings" and “All pvpers are terrible human beings” One suggests most and the other states most but then again I dont use most punctuation.

11c- Indirect infantryman- mortar man- queen of battle

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Win or lose being an A**H*** is no excuse. Someone said it best here already. They act out because they are selfish people who are only looking out for their own interests. But they should consider one thing. If you harass every new player that joins (by accident or they want to try pvp) then you are making the pool of players smaller. You will be known as THE KING OF….. wait for it…. NOTHING! Look at all the pro teams that break up just as fast as they start because it is a team of immature little selfish kids. Grow up people is all I have to say. You want to be a pro learn from pro sports. What happens to players who are selfish and egotistical? Two things they grow up and change their ways (CR7) OR get booted from the team because of their kitten behavior. Want examples? Dwight Howard in the NBA and Mario Balotelli in Futbol.

Necromancer Main

Labjax.2465

11c- Indirect infantryman- mortar man- queen of battle

I’m not sure I follow. You were the indirect target of a mortar attack? Is that what you’re saying? :S

Dont see much difference in " Pvpers typically act like terrible human beings" and “All pvpers are terrible human beings” One suggests most and the other states most but then again I dont use most punctuation.

Man… with the semantics. What I said was that they have a reputation for it, not that they typically act like that. Notoriety is a kind of reputation.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

this thread makes no sense, pvp’ers are the kindest, most intellectual, most Talented people ever.. especially gw2 players n___n heeeh

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

DonQuack.9025

See this is why fox news exists.
“I am attacked by my whole team” let me ask you. What constitutes being attacked? No one has any idea yet majority are ready to take a bullet for this guy.

I guess when I list " CM p3 lvl 60+ Experienced only" and a lvl 50 joins who isnt experienced and I say " wtf dude it says lvl 60+ AND experienced" I attacked him because he has victim shield.

Ofcourse I am not being attacked when I list very specific lfg’s and people who dont meet the reqs join and waste my time because I wore that mini skirt( made the lfg listing) and was therefore asking for it. I aks for it even more by not kicking them and carrying them through the dungeon. But dare I get upset dare I kick them and I become elitist scum. Dare I for not catering to their emotions. Screw my emotions. I should start spvping I should fit right in. /sarcasm

ofcourse im not excusing bad behaviour but its his response to the situation and further lashing out at the community that has me saying hmmm….

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/combat/indirect-fire-infantryman.html

I guess i forgot to put in “fire”. its 242am

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this problem is selfmade by arenanet

there is no min lvl for ranked games and for a new player it is not easy to find out where he has to go and what is what until he press button and join it

and how ranking/matchmaking works( better i say it dont work^^) in this game can absolut new players be matched with top ranked palyers who care only bout there ranks and leaderbaord or competive games and … all this

so yeah for an PVPer in this game this is horrible to get such people in your team cause it is than an 4v5 and you just wasted 5-10min to wait for a match + 10-15min to lose this match and after this you lose leaderboard ranking/MMR

so no its not toxity PVPers – its arenanet

Labjax.2465

I think I am in the same time zone as you lol. So maybe it’s just the hour, but I guess I’m not making the connection between your thing about 11c and being homeschooled because of some kind of attacks.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Sorry the op is right if ppl start acting like kittens just bcs someone say he is new. There is no excuse for there bad behavior.

To the op don’t worry u will not get banned for that.

DonQuack.9025

1.a. Pre homeschool anxiety attacks largely used as an excuse
1.b. Homeschooled – anxiety attacks
2. Join army- anxious
3. The infantry doesnt give a **** about anxiety. “Smells like weakness” iirc I was told. *
4. No time to have anxiety attacks.
5.Present day- No anxiety attacks

*atleast where I was stationed and when I was in.

Crooklyn in the house as they say.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

this problem is selfmade by arenanet

there is no min lvl for ranked games and for a new player it is not easy to find out where he has to go and what is what until he press button and join it

and how ranking/matchmaking works( better i say it dont work^^) in this game can absolut new players be matched with top ranked palyers who care only bout there ranks and leaderbaord or competive games and … all this

so yeah for an PVPer in this game this is horrible to get such people in your team cause it is than an 4v5 and you just wasted 5-10min to wait for a match + 10-15min to lose this match and after this you lose leaderboard ranking/MMR

so no its not toxity PVPers – its arenanet

I’m not usually in favour of gating content, but this is probably a situation where it would make a lot of sense for everyone. Make it so players can’t join ranked matches until they’re PvP rank 5 or so: good for the newbs, since they won’t accidentally get dropped in the wrong/stressful situation; good for the vets, cause they won’t be accidentally teamed up with absolute newbs.

Rank 5 isn’t particularly difficult to get, but you will at least become familiar with the game mode. And since PvP rank is account-wide, it will only affect new accounts or accounts which haven’t played much sPvP.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Telling sick people to get over it already works? Maybe you should go offer your services to hospitals. Just imagine the money they’d save! Of all the things I’ve heard people say on this forum, this is close to the most unbelievable.

Anything else I could possibly say to this would get me infracted.

Labjax.2465

1.a. Pre homeschool anxiety attacks largely used as an excuse
1.b. Homeschooled – anxiety attacks
2. Join army- anxious
3. The infantry doesnt give a **** about anxiety. “Smells like weakness” iirc I was told. *
4. No time to have anxiety attacks.
5.Present day- No anxiety attacks

*atleast where I was stationed and when I was in.

Crooklyn in the house as they say.

I guess I can see why you think the way you do, then. Just keep in mind that not all problems are the same for each person. In other words, what got you past anxiety won’t necessarily work for the next guy.

Or words to that effect.

DonQuack.9025

Telling sick people to get over it already works? Maybe you should go offer your services to hospitals. Just imagine the money they’d save! Of all the things I’ve heard people say on this forum, this is close to the most unbelievable.

Anything else I could possibly say to this would get me infracted.

Lol. I do work in a hospital l&d nurse HI HI! I urge you to send me a mail ingame. I would love to hear your views on how telling sick to get over it DOESNT work. and then I will tell you I spoke of a specific ailment and not give a kitten .

The way you are talking about anxiety is a bit like telling a sick person to just “generate the right anti-bodies and get over it already.”

hmmmm how do immune system work?

Ive told many a person to get over a cold. (ie a sickness) and it worked. I just noticed that it censored out my telling the person to use a more specific term for the desired effect. 21 June – 22 July horoscope.

Think Im mean? I dont get to use the excuse “i have a cold” and that I can get other sick. Everyone laughs and say you were contagious for atleast a week before you even knew you had a cold. take some dayquil and come to work.

Common thing in the army that “works” Its called “drink water” it is used for pretty much every ailment known. From sprained ankle to torn acl.

@labjax

ive never proclaimed to know what will solve his anxiety. My main draw was his attack on myself and the general ignoring of said attack. And my perceived allowance of the attack by the community because of his anxiety. Whilst if another said those words there would probably be “blood”.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

As someone who did a lot of social anxiety in my early 20s (though mostly ok now) I’d seriously recommend joining a friendly social guild if you want to play a MMO. Might sound stupid but for me 6 years of being in a really friendly guild (in another MMO) was almost therapeutic. I don’t know if it’s related but I almost never get anxiety attacks now.

Anyway, on topic, competitive games tend to have a high ratio of toxicity in their communities. Look at League of Legends, they tried everything and it still doesn’t work.

I would not exactly consider Guild Wars 2 to be a competitive game despite the developers’ efforts to make it an “eSport”, but the little competitive it has is mostly structured PvP so yeah expect a little more toxicity there than in other game modes. I still think you got unlucky, but if you can’t deal well with jerks in your own team and want to avoid it, you should probably make your own team with people you know.

Of course there are other game modes that can exhibit toxic behavior, such as quick clear dungeon runs, although in that case if you join those runs without being prepared for it you’d be kind of running after trouble.

Olvendred.3027

Ive told many a person to get over a cold. (ie a sickness) and it worked. I just noticed that it censored out my telling the person to use a more specific term for the desired effect. 21 June – 22 July horoscope.

Am I reading this right? You work at a hospital and tell people to “get over” can[]cer?

(edited by Olvendred.3027)

DonQuack.9025

no you are reading it incorrectly.

The person used a very general term for what they were trying to say. “sick”
I suggested for better effect it would be better to say

“The way you are talking about anxiety is a bit like telling a person person with 21 June – 22 July horoscope to just “generate the right anti-bodies and get over it already.”

as you can for a cold (a sickness) simply say get over it.

oh just so you know.

Working at a hospital doesnt somehow make people angels/ smart/ or emphatic. The difference is “we” typically dont speak “honestly” to outsiders because eating is more important than giving opinions.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I see no problem here.

Because he’s right?

No, he’s not. OP stated that he entered by accident, and had every intention of leaving as soon as the verbal bashing began. Why on earth should he help a group that’s verbally tearing him a new one?

because the regardless you join a game, you are supposed to play it, or you are breaking the rules.

It sucks that people were mean to him, doesnt give him an excuse to grief or exploit pvp. He could have closed the game, or asked them how to leave the match. In short, his excuse is no excuse. He probably will not be banned, but if he is, it is because he made the choice to try to get revenge on the players passive aggressively.

lets be clear, he trolled them on purpose because he didnt like how they treated him, for his mistake. That is not excuse.

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Is this real? He joined sPvP for “Accident”? Nearly impossible, as the NPC states clearly that it has ranked stats, and they increase or decrease by winning or losing; he could’ve joined a regular match simply by using the list of server in the PvP labell option.

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I see no problem here.

Because he’s right?

Adding to that, Spvp is about teamwork, and attacking/insulting a teammate for any reason reduces your chance of winning pretty drastically. In the end being a * to your own people is just bad strategy.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Is this real? He joined sPvP for “Accident”? Nearly impossible, as the NPC states clearly that it has ranked stats, and they increase or decrease by winning or losing; he could’ve joined a regular match simply by using the list of server in the PvP labell option.

Haha, exactly my thought on reading the OP. Besides, I get that it’s not nice to be verbally assaulted; if that happens just report those people for verbal abuse.

On the other hand, AFK’ing during ranked is a bannable offense so don’t be suprised if you get reported for doing that.

Olvendred.3027

I assume he intended to join sPvP, but didn’t understand that there were different types of matches or the implications of joining each type.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Haha, exactly my thought on reading the OP. Besides, I get that it’s not nice to be verbally assaulted; if that happens just report those people for verbal abuse.

On the other hand, AFK’ing during ranked is a bannable offense so don’t be suprised if you get reported for doing that.

But newbies are newbies. They’re cute, innocent and easily confused~ anything can happen.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

for those that don’t get why the other players’ reaction was warranted..

picture a basketball court, a league game is about to start. as the players line up for the tip off, a stranger wanders on to the court and asks “hey, what is this, it looks fun, can you teach me how to play?”

.. you don’t think everyone on and off the court will shout at him to get off the court?

now picture that stranger sitting down in the middle of the court for the rest of the game because “ppl were mean to me”.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

OP, you’re giving young people(i’m assuming you’re a young adult) a bad name:
http://www.vanityfair.fr/culture/livre/articles/generation-wuss-by-bret-easton-ellis/15837

The victim narrative part fits so perfectly….:\

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

No emotions evolved, I think you did everything wrong within the unwritten rules of PvP. Not counting that you’re new with the game (that’s perfectly fine), but you refused to learn the aspect of the game and pretty much gave your life away, giving the other team additional points, with the addition of being AFK afterwards.

Now, I really never do insult people in PvP, no matter what, but as a player who does play that part of GW2 a lot, I can say right away that such situation would anger me as well.

But how did you enter sPvP by accident? You have to walk through the portal (or through the icon, which makes you even more aware of your actions), walk through the tutorial, enter the roster and apply for it. I’m wondering how did you go through all of that without giving a few minutes of attention as to what you’re entering?

Posted by: kikojak.7051

kikojak.7051

Better change that topic title over there buddy. What u did was the wrong thing

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Sorry you had a bad experience in PvP OP. I’ve only played PvP casually over the past few years but I think you’ll find most people are ok in there. I wouldn’t start announcing you are new before a match though. For the kittens out there will always attack new players. They are frustrated about losing, got personal issues, or are just angry jerks with lost souls. Regardless just keep trying, do your best, and look some good meta builds up online. You’ll be fine if you want to keep at it. If not WvW and PvW are pretty good in this game.

:)

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I see no problem here.

Why should anyone try to help those who bashed him for saying he’s new? That’s nonsense.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I see no problem here.

Because he’s right?

Not much of a reader? Yeah, reading is hard. That part about accidentally jumping into a ranked match eluded ya?. No worries. We all make mistakes, just like the OP jumping in a rated match on accident, only to get torn apart by pvp’ers and the PvP community thinks PvP is dead solely because of the game itself. Time to wake up and see that the PvP community is a huge part of the issue.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Some people are kittens OP, it’s a sad fact of life. (READ: I’m not trying to say the guy did nothing wrong.)

But if you really want to PvP now and then you should know the block feature is pretty useful for trash like this; especially if you have anxiety issues or anything like that just block the worthless scum and keep playing.

In case you don’t know, to block someone (meaning you will no longer see their messages and they cannot contact you in-game) right click the name in chat and select ‘Block’.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I see no problem here.

Because he’s right?

because the regardless you join a game, you are supposed to play it, or you are breaking the rules.

It sucks that people were mean to him, doesnt give him an excuse to grief or exploit pvp. He could have closed the game, or asked them how to leave the match. In short, his excuse is no excuse. He probably will not be banned, but if he is, it is because he made the choice to try to get revenge on the players passive aggressively.

lets be clear, he trolled them on purpose because he didnt like how they treated him, for his mistake. That is not excuse.

He didn’t troll them on purpose – he was trying to leave the abuse so he did it in the only way he could think of: he left his computer. Only certain kinds of players think of alt-F4 as a way to leave a situation. I personally have been playing MMOs since Ultima Online and the beginning of EQ and have NEVER used that at all. So it wouldn’t occur to me either as a way to leave the match.

Luckily for me I detest PvP and so will never find myself in the OPs unfortunate situation.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

DonQuack.9025

He didn’t troll them on purpose – he was trying to leave the abuse so he did it in the only way he could think of: he left his computer. Only certain kinds of players think of alt-F4 as a way to leave a situation. I personally have been playing MMOs since Ultima Online and the beginning of EQ and have NEVER used that at all. So it wouldn’t occur to me either as a way to leave the match.

Clearly the type of players the NPE was designed for. Ba ZING!!!! jk jk jk

alt-f4 or closing the program or clicking X Would never have occurred to you as a way to leave a computer program?

I guess people learn differently as was said in that other thread.

This isnt a pvp only issue ofc. it could happen with dungeons. The way to exit a dungeon isnt exactly crystal clear. You have to click the little button to get leave group to show up. or you have to run back to the start and go through the portal.

Now imagine the other people didnt know how to kick. And he went and watched a tv show whilst the other 4 players worked on arah p4.

Or In open world he turned on auto attack and up-scaled an event and basically afk’d