New, Instantly attacked and reported.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This seems like a DonQuack vs. everybody else sort of thread and I’m proud to say that I pretty much agree with everything he’s said so far. The mentality he has offers the ability to actually move on/overcome hardships or at least try to, and learn from them. A large amount of the opposing viewpoints seem like misplaced and overly-sympathetic rubbish.

OP messed up and instead of accepting it for what it was, decided to post on the forums and “1-up” himself over everybody by mocking the rest of the community with crude generalisations.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

For what it’s worth I also agree with DonQuack.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Forum wars 2 doesn’t disappoint as much as guild wars 2. Glad there are some entertaining topics.

As for your topic my good sir. Man up and play. People talk crap their whole life. You cant sit in the corner and wait it out till you can get back to what you were doing.

Do what you want to do. If you suck its ok. No one cares. It’s guild wars 2 man. The game is 100% made for casuals so just play to have fun and if someone talks crap just ignore and enjoy.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

You could have stayed, tried your best, and actually learned something from the experience.

But you deliberately went afk during a rated match. They reported an afker.

I see no problem here.

Why do people like you exist?

Because he’s right?

No, he’s not. OP stated that he entered by accident, and had every intention of leaving as soon as the verbal bashing began. Why on earth should he help a group that’s verbally tearing him a new one?

because the regardless you join a game, you are supposed to play it, or you are breaking the rules.

It sucks that people were mean to him, doesnt give him an excuse to grief or exploit pvp. He could have closed the game, or asked them how to leave the match. In short, his excuse is no excuse. He probably will not be banned, but if he is, it is because he made the choice to try to get revenge on the players passive aggressively.

lets be clear, he trolled them on purpose because he didnt like how they treated him, for his mistake. That is not excuse.

He didn’t troll them on purpose – he was trying to leave the abuse so he did it in the only way he could think of: he left his computer. Only certain kinds of players think of alt-F4 as a way to leave a situation. I personally have been playing MMOs since Ultima Online and the beginning of EQ and have NEVER used that at all. So it wouldn’t occur to me either as a way to leave the match.

Luckily for me I detest PvP and so will never find myself in the OPs unfortunate situation.

he could have asked them how to leave, or he could have exited the game and picked a different charachter, the same way you always do it. escape>charachter select. Or he could have just tried to do his best.
He actively decided to do nothing. Which is an exploit of the game, or greifing your team. Im not saying i dont understand why it happened, but its still against the rules, you dont get to just pout in the corner and profit, just because your team was mean to you.

Yes it sucks they yelled at him, no that doesnt really excuse his actions.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

This seems like a DonQuack vs. everybody else sort of thread and I’m proud to say that I pretty much agree with everything he’s said so far. The mentality he has offers the ability to actually move on/overcome hardships or at least try to, and learn from them. A large amount of the opposing viewpoints seem like misplaced and overly-sympathetic rubbish.

OP messed up and instead of accepting it for what it was, decided to post on the forums and “1-up” himself over everybody by mocking the rest of the community with crude generalisations.

Anyone who tries something out in game, and, simply for being new, gets verbally attacked for it, is a valid concern. Yes, the OP shouldn’t have gone with the extra, generalised attack back on the forums; I agree he is in the wrong there. But he is completely justified in making a thread about encountering that sort of toxicity. When stuff like that happens, it discourages new players from trying certain sorts of content (or even the GW2 at all), and thereby diminishes the game for everyone.

This isn’t about “overcoming hardships.” It’s a game, people are supposed to play it for enjoyment, not to mentally toughen themselves up.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Last sentence (by the way, there are only 3) makes it quite clear OP was posting this in anger, and probably exaggerated some to justify that anger, so I wouldn’t take it all as fact.

Anyhow, I’d wager OP is well over it by now, and let’s all keep in mind that not everything that happens to you is because someone is out to get you…

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Anyone who tries something out in game, and, simply for being new, gets verbally attacked for it, is a valid concern. Yes, the OP shouldn’t have gone with the extra, generalised attack back on the forums; I agree he is in the wrong there. But he is completely justified in making a thread about encountering that sort of toxicity. When stuff like that happens, it discourages new players from trying certain sorts of content (or even the GW2 at all), and thereby diminishes the game for everyone.

This isn’t about “overcoming hardships.” It’s a game, people are supposed to play it for enjoyment, not to mentally toughen themselves up.

its a game, and games have rules, one of the rules of spvp, is you cant sit around doing nothing during a match because its an exploit.
Not knowing the rules does not make you immune to them. Its not about toughening up, its about what is acceptable behavior. In SPVP afking is not acceptable behavior, them possibly reporting him, is his learning experience, that he created through his own actions.

They could not have reported him for sucking and being new, they can however report him for sitting around doing nothing in a match, and they are in the right for doing so. He learned an important lesson about spvp, no matter how annoying your team is, you dont get to just afk and get credit.

The toughness is a non issue, hes new, he messed up and broke the rules, he is accountable for it.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I will not jump on a high horse and look down on your behavior, nor offer some pretentious internet psychologist life changing advice, because I have no idea of your life experiences and personality and there is way too much of that nonsense already around these parts. If you really do have severe anxiety problems, then it is real and it can be overwhelming causing you to do everything to escape from an uncomfortable situation. And I would just come across as an insecure know it all on the internet if I claimed that such a thing could just be turned on/off and one could “get over it”.

But on the other hand, I can’t just tell you that you did nothing wrong and everything should be sugarcoated— neither approach has any value whatsoever.

You have to look at it from their perspective, rather them as bullies that are there out to get you.

Honestly, the people getting mad is to be expected. I’m not saying they are right, but you definitely could have been a bit better in communicating what had just happened a bit better and going afk would seem malicious. It was not, but they don’t know that. You really should have just make an effort of some kind; even if it doesn’t accomplish much at least you can display that you are just new in good faith.

I understand that 90% of people simply don’t care and will be abusive anyways, but at least they’d be wrong and now it’s their fault since you did your part. You could now just report and block. Sometimes a lot of stuff would have been stopped if one just “said so”— and this has applied in game and out of game so it is worth learning to do.

It often takes two to tango, to say; that often these things happen because of wrongdoing/negligence/impatience from BOTH sides.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

What is up with people in MMO’s forgetting that they were new to these types of games once and figuring things out? I hop into a PvP ranked math be accident not knowing there was a starting place in PvP and I said hey I’m new and I am attacked by my whole team and then I said fine I’ll just leave, because I have bad anxiety and I don’t play a game to be looked down on so I tried to leave, you can’t leave ranked so I sat there and went to get food till it kicked me. I understand that in itself is bad, but they won the round anyways and i avoided to much harassment since they had to focus, and still they tried to get me a 72 hours ban which if I get I’m just gonna say screw it and go back to sandbox RPG’s where I can be in isolation away from the people who think they matter because they WASTE time and money like everyone else who plays video games on a fake world that gets you know where and teaches you nothing in life and they just happen to be better at it lol.

If anyone attacks you in the future for being new, report and ignore them. Also, welcome to Guild Wars 2! Don’t let those people bother you too much, there are a lot of good people on this game. I also have anxiety and I had an experience with rude players when I was new as well. It made me very upset, but I had my guild there to let me know that there are more good players than bad. If you need help ingame, feel free to message me.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I will not jump on a high horse and look down on your behavior, nor offer some pretentious internet psychologist life changing advice, because I have no idea of your life experiences and personality and there is way too much of that nonsense already around these parts. If you really do have severe anxiety problems, then it is real and it can be overwhelming causing you to do everything to escape from an uncomfortable situation. And I would just come across as an insecure know it all on the internet if I claimed that such a thing could just be turned on/off and one could “get over it”.

But on the other hand, I can’t just tell you that you did nothing wrong and everything should be sugarcoated— neither approach has any value whatsoever.

You have to look at it from their perspective, rather them as bullies that are there out to get you.

Honestly, the people getting mad is to be expected. I’m not saying they are right, but you definitely could have been a bit better in communicating what had just happened a bit better and going afk would seem malicious. It was not, but they don’t know that. You really should have just make an effort of some kind; even if it doesn’t accomplish much at least you can display that you are just new in good faith.

I understand that 90% of people simply don’t care and will be abusive anyways, but at least they’d be wrong and now it’s their fault since you did your part. You could now just report and block. Sometimes a lot of stuff would have been stopped if one just “said so”— and this has applied in game and out of game so it is worth learning to do.

It often takes two to tango, to say; that often these things happen because of wrongdoing/negligence/impatience from BOTH sides.

No you come across as a person who cant read. But then again I lack sentence structure so its understandable if what I write comes across as mean. or where I told him how to fix his anxiety.

OP, you’re giving young people(i’m assuming you’re a young adult) a bad name:
http://www.vanityfair.fr/culture/livre/articles/generation-wuss-by-bret-easton-ellis/15837

The victim narrative part fits so perfectly….:\

Funnily enough there was an actual study done by a university that highlighted more or less the same things. I cant remember it clearly but it went something like this. Boys when young beef up their “mental toughness” by “constantly” fighting/calling names/ pulling pranks etc. It enables them when older to cope “better” with the realities of the workplace and life. that trend has changed overall with the (i forget what word they used so Ill call it) emotionalizing, of schools. Children who fight back in self defense are expelled with the attacker. Most forms of verbal attacks end up in suspensions. Children are being overprotected from the very things they need to learn for adulthood.

but that is a bit offtopic. Ill have to look for that study.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

ArchonWing.9480

No you come across as a person who cant read. But then again I lack sentence structure so its understandable if what I write comes across as mean. or where I told him how to fix his anxiety.

I wasn’t even replying to you for the most part? Looks like you need to learn to read as well. You’re overestimating your own importance. I can read, but I didn’t pay much attention to whatever you posted.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

OP, you’re giving young people(i’m assuming you’re a young adult) a bad name:
http://www.vanityfair.fr/culture/livre/articles/generation-wuss-by-bret-easton-ellis/15837

The victim narrative part fits so perfectly….:\

Funnily enough there was an actual study done by a university that highlighted more or less the same things. I cant remember it clearly but it went something like this. Boys when young beef up their “mental toughness” by “constantly” fighting/calling names/ pulling pranks etc. It enables them when older to cope “better” with the realities of the workplace and life. that trend has changed overall with the (i forget what word they used so Ill call it) emotionalizing, of schools. Children who fight back in self defense are expelled with the attacker. Most forms of verbal attacks end up in suspensions. Children are being overprotected from the very things they need to learn for adulthood.

but that is a bit offtopic. Ill have to look for that study.

You CANNOT just wake up one day and be like “Oh, I’m tired of having anxiety, I’ll just turn it off!” Telling someone to “just get over it” DOES NOT WORK. It might seem like it works, because then that person won’t want to talk to you about it anymore, but the problem is still there, just not in plain sight. There are many kinds of anxiety, sometimes you get over it with time, and others require help from professionals.

DonQuack.9025

You CANNOT just wake up one day and be like “Oh, I’m tired of having anxiety, I’ll just turn it off!” Telling someone to “just get over it” DOES NOT WORK. It might seem like it works, because then that person won’t want to talk to you about it anymore, but the problem is still there, just not in plain sight. There are many kinds of anxiety, sometimes you get over it with time, and others require help from professionals.

Why you tell me that? Never said to “just get over anxiety” if I did please quote me so I know where I did and I will remove it. Also my experiences with anxiety beg to differ. Can Not is quite an absolute statement.

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

DonQuack.9025

And I would just come across as an *insecure know it all *on the internet if I claimed that such a thing could just be turned on/off and one could “get over it”.

I wasn’t even replying to you for the most part? Looks like you need to learn to read as well. You’re overestimating your own importance. I can read, but I didn’t pay much attention to whatever you posted.

If that wasnt a dig at me then my mistake. I dont think am great at reading comprehension but I read it as a dig at me for something I didnt do. Something that was a branch of a person saying what I said was “like” something. To which I further corrected at least 2 times thus far.
I would love for these people who keep saying I told the guy “get over” his anxiety to post where I did. I dont see it. Perhaps there was a bit that was a bit ambiguous that needs clarification or editing.

Im chok full of quotes. Some one quote where I said something that can be misinterpreted or where I directly said He can get over his anxiety. maybe my browser is kitten. I dont know but I dont see it.

ArchonWing.9480

And I would just come across as an *insecure know it all *on the internet if I claimed that such a thing could just be turned on/off and one could “get over it”.

If that wasnt a dig at me then my mistake. I dont think am great at reading comprehension but I read it as a dig at me for something I didnt do. Something that was a branch of a person saying what I said was “like” something. To which I further corrected at least 2 times thus far.

More of a common occurrence here and in-game, which is why I didn’t want to single anyone out.

Actually I was like “Blah, it’s just a video game” upon my initial reading at first (And I do that a lot on these forums) but figured that wouldn’t help much. So it’s also a dig at myself too…

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

I have a hard time understanding how anyone could think the OP was in the right. If anonymous internet chat gives you anxiety attacks, what were you doing in PvP in the first place? For that matter, what are you doing playing a genre of video game notorious for verbal abuse (MMOs)? It seems like the OP set himself/herself up for everything he/she received.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

OP,

If you suffer from severe anxiety you may find that it is a good idea to avoid PvP and other high performance team aspects of this (or any other) MMO.

There will still be plenty for you to play and (hopefully) enjoy but if you have a condition that you know will negatively impact both your participation, and that of other players involved, in an aspect of game play it is a bad idea for you to do so. I know that you state that your venture into ranked PvP was an accident but even non ranked PvP would involve elements that you state will trigger your anxiety.

My sympathies for your distress and I hope you are able to continue to enjoy the game and choose, going forward, to refrain from activities that you know will trigger that distress.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

PvPers are notorious for acting like terrible human beings. I know it’s hard when you feel like everyone is looking at you and putting pressure on you. The reality is that most of the time, you are putting more pressure on yourself than they ever could.

The truth is, they want to win and they want to win really badly. It doesn’t excuse their actions, but it’s why they are so quick to judge people who might hurt their chances of winning.

In other words, it’s not you, it’s them. Keep in perspective the fact that most of the time, these people are not trying to hurt you, but rather they’re trying to protect their own desires and are reacting out of fear.

Keep calm and do your thing. It’s all you can do. If that’s not enough for others, then too bad. You will never win everyone’s approval.

Jeez, thanks for painting every PvPer in a bad light. You make us all sound like we’re bloodthristy elitists. Not every PvPer deserves that bad rep.

Imagine if this was a fractal or dungeon, and he couldn’t leave. PvE players would have acted the same way. Everyone is human and makes mistakes.

I think much like PVE that this is part of the problem. Like the image of the PVP elitist jerk, the PVE elitist jerk sadly is one of the majority of who’s actually left in the game. If there were a larger population it would be less noticeable but sadly the good people are starting to dwindle more and more now as more leave wondering what patch will come next or being just plain disappointed because of what’s happened (or rather what’s not happened) over the past 2 years.

And no an innocent player shouldn’t be banned because enough people report them, if Anet is allowing that sortof thing they should definitely be called out about it, that is just not right, I hope an investigation ensues and they find out if these whole guilds have been abusing the function and ban the guilds.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

I don’t give a fk to that people, zero care.

Not even reading chat after some point, or block them all.

Just doing my thing and move along. I suggest same to you.

If you can’t do this, mmo games will make you sad or angry always.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Pretty cool watching the GW2 player base slowly devolve into WoW player base levels of toxicity.

Posted by: Looka.6078

Looka.6078

I went AFK in SPvP matches too. And I tried to leave SPvP matches. And no, I don’t feel guilty at all. Why ? Well, very simple: because I didn’t want to play with or against players that I already blocked for whatever reason.
But the very polished game doesn’t care about such trivial details. Of course, I’m talking about the “solo” variant of SPvP but same goes for dungeons. So I guess that when “LFG tool” will finally get out of beta ;-) we won’t get matched up with blocked players anymore. Am I right ArenaNet ?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I went AFK in SPvP matches too. And I tried to leave SPvP matches. And no, I don’t feel guilty at all. Why ? Well, very simple: because I didn’t want to play with or against players that I already blocked for whatever reason.

Then don’t join game modes where you might encounter such people. Punishing others for the fact that you do not want to play with person X is wrong.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

As someone with high anxieties all I can say is live and learn from it my friend. Just maybe avoid PvP if you cannot handle it. As someone with Anxiety you should know what you can and cannot handle. Taking ownership of your illness helps people generally understand it and deal with it. Please don’t use it as a crutch, it indirectly affects us all. I am sorry you have had a bad experience with it, but you also could have probably handled it better. You can leave ranked games you just get a Dishonorable Debuff that stops you from entering them in for awhile. Also, I hope you try again later. I never get harassed in Hot Join PvP if thats what you wanna do.

Also, going in games with a guild is even more fun, so try finding one of those. There is almost always someone Advertising in Map Chat of LA.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Just for the record, if you have bad anxiety and don’t play games to get looked down on then PvP is probably not the best place, especially in this game.

It is not his fault that other players are acting in such a childish way. He should be allowed to enter PvP when he wishes, and if he enters the wrong mode by accident, players should be understanding, not attack him.

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Can’t help it, this unpleasant experience will persist to occur if Arena do not take actions on devising a new strategy to segregate new and veteran players.

My sympathy to you OP.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Not only does the internet breed bad manners through anonymity but PvP is notorious for it. If you are going to PvP then you will need a thick skin.

This^^

Seriously. Is this your first time on the internet OP? I don’t get these threads. People are kittens. It’s life in the world and especially bad on the internet.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

PvP is probably not the best place for you if you have anxiety issues, OP. That said, if you do want to do PvP for some of the exclusive rewards, do stick around and try Hotjoin. It’s a much, much more relaxed environment for PvP; while you do occasionally get the odd rager, usually everybody else just laughs at HIM for taking Hotjoin so seriously.

Don’t worry about people reporting you for being AFK either. As long as you don’t make a habit of it, ANet isn’t likely to take any action against you either.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

What is up with people in MMO’s forgetting that they were new to these types of games once and figuring things out? I hop into a PvP ranked math be accident not knowing there was a starting place in PvP and I said hey I’m new and I am attacked by my whole team and then I said fine I’ll just leave, because I have bad anxiety and I don’t play a game to be looked down on so I tried to leave, you can’t leave ranked so I sat there and went to get food till it kicked me. I understand that in itself is bad, but they won the round anyways and i avoided to much harassment since they had to focus, and still they tried to get me a 72 hours ban which if I get I’m just gonna say screw it and go back to sandbox RPG’s where I can be in isolation away from the people who think they matter because they WASTE time and money like everyone else who plays video games on a fake world that gets you know where and teaches you nothing in life and they just happen to be better at it lol.

So you joined a competitive environment knowing you have anxiety, didn’t think of pressing “ESC” to log out, but have the technical prowess to log onto the forum and
insult gamers in general because they gave you a piece of their mind?

Seems legit.

That being said, you aren’t going to be banned. The most you get for AFKing often is a debuff that keeps you out of pvp environments.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

He didn’t troll them on purpose – he was trying to leave the abuse so he did it in the only way he could think of: he left his computer. Only certain kinds of players think of alt-F4 as a way to leave a situation. I personally have been playing MMOs since Ultima Online and the beginning of EQ and have NEVER used that at all. So it wouldn’t occur to me either as a way to leave the match.

Clearly the type of players the NPE was designed for. Ba ZING!!!! jk jk jk

alt-f4 or closing the program or clicking X Would never have occurred to you as a way to leave a computer program?

I said “to leave the match”, I wasn’t talking about quitting the program. I definitely understand how to quit the program in many ways. But why should I go so far as to quit the game to accommodate a bunch of people who are acting stupid just because I say I’m new? They are the ones at fault.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Djinn.9245

You could have stayed, tried your best, and actually learned something from the experience.

But you deliberately went afk during a rated match. They reported an afker.

I see no problem here.

Why do people like you exist?

Because he’s right?

No, he’s not. OP stated that he entered by accident, and had every intention of leaving as soon as the verbal bashing began. Why on earth should he help a group that’s verbally tearing him a new one?

because the regardless you join a game, you are supposed to play it, or you are breaking the rules.

It sucks that people were mean to him, doesnt give him an excuse to grief or exploit pvp. He could have closed the game, or asked them how to leave the match. In short, his excuse is no excuse. He probably will not be banned, but if he is, it is because he made the choice to try to get revenge on the players passive aggressively.

lets be clear, he trolled them on purpose because he didnt like how they treated him, for his mistake. That is not excuse.

Luckily for me I detest PvP and so will never find myself in the OPs unfortunate situation.

he could have asked them how to leave,

LOL! Yes, I’m sure you’d be inclined to ask instructions from people verbally abusing you. And what kind of instructions would these stupid people be likely to give do you think? LOL…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Djinn.9245

I have a hard time understanding how anyone could think the OP was in the right. If anonymous internet chat gives you anxiety attacks, what were you doing in PvP in the first place? For that matter, what are you doing playing a genre of video game notorious for verbal abuse (MMOs)? It seems like the OP set himself/herself up for everything he/she received.

Wow, what server are you on so I can add you to my “special people” notes?

DonQuack.9025

Clearly the type of players the NPE was designed for. Ba ZING!!!! jk jk jk

alt-f4 or closing the program or clicking X Would never have occurred to you as a way to leave a computer program?

I said “to leave the match”, I wasn’t talking about quitting the program. I definitely understand how to quit the program in many ways. But why should I go so far as to quit the game to accommodate a bunch of people who are acting stupid just because I say I’m new? They are the ones at fault.

Because “you” have “bad anxiety” and it adds unneeded stress? Going afk means you still have to come back and see if the match is over. Closing program removes said stress instantly and you get the added benefit of being able to go do something else in game faster than it would take a match to end.

as for why should you stop doing something to accommodate people even though they are in the wrong. Lots of reasons. There is no black and white answer.

Again I will ask this and it is extremely relevant. What constitutes verbal abuse to this person? We have no idea what was said. I know in my dungeon runs saying " You should slot reflects" has probably gotten me a few reports for verbal abuse because I suggested that to a player who didnt want to hear that.

And to me personally almost nothing verbally directed at me will be considered abusive because I guess I was desensitized/ have thick skin/ dont care what majority of people say on the internet. But that is me. Not him. Not you.

Now personally when I had anxiety as a youth. It didnt take much for me to consider it an attack on me and to have an anxiety attack. And from my that experience and present day experience with people who suffer anxiety attacks they dont need much to trigger an attack. Heck a sometimes it is imagined.

Posted by: Brutality.9631

Brutality.9631

this game’s pvp is very punishing in the sense that if you don’t follow whatever the one build for each class everyone is doing, you’ll be called a noob. that changes fairly often with patches.

also for killing people higher level than you. and lower. and winning, and losing.

basically gw2 pvpers are mostly jerks, try the pve or wvw aspect. or make a dedicated pvp team and completely own them ragers:)