New Items: Colored Refractors. Thoughts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Haruka.9624

Haruka.9624

I want more variation of refractors. So, white color, Omnomberry Ghost’s ghostly effect, Liadri’s dark aura, etc…
If reflectors are a test before legendary trinket, Perhaps jeweler 500 craft will coming soon?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I like the fact they were created, I will not bother to farm them, this game wasn’t about farming the dev team said with pride 2 yrs ago…. Now with smaller and smaller chances o rng we are expected to grin ascended armors, precursors, aand nice RNG drops with no real chance of obtaining them, as much as i like some: 500-700 gold is too much, I could buy the better part of an ascended set for it, and for a potion effect?

I’m a crafter though and have all professions maxed out at least once. I’m still waiting for rings with switchable stats (legendary rings?) , these colors would/could be a nice addition…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

My thoughts? What the hell am I supposed to do with exotic trinkets? That are my thoughts.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

That’s why I firmly believe we should NOT get legendary armor with sparkling effects and leave that to trinkets. We already got flashy legendary weapons, if we put more sparkle (and see I like glow) we’ll get blind. It will get to a point that’ll be unbearable.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

That’s why I firmly believe we should NOT get legendary armor with sparkling effects and leave that to trinkets. We already got flashy legendary weapons, if we put more sparkle (and see I like glow) we’ll get blind. It will get to a point that’ll be unbearable.

The amulet is for changing color.

legendary armor is for making you look like super saiyan.

http://crimsoncypher.deviantart.com/art/Super-Saiyan-3-Goku-169535721

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I’ve opened over 2,000 trick-or-treat bags and haven’t gotten one, so I have no thoughts.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

My thought on them is that for me, they might as well not exist, at their appalling drop rate.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I love ’em. Hope that Anet get even more creative and add ones that make you turn metallic or golden.

Heck yes. Metallic one please.

Nope, to similar to the Juggernaut. I am all for adding new ones, but they shouldn’t touch on effects from existing legendary weapons.

I completely disagree since Hammer is only for Warriors and Guardians. A dye shouldn’t be profession bound.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Looks really cool! Although I have no idéa what some of you are saying.
I like the dark one, really much.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

^Been wanting juggernaut-like effect on my ele since launch.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I do hope they get cheaper. This is way too expensive, even for an event item.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

This is really a bad way to implement. Can we get an answer from Anet if this item can be obtain in a different way eg. Recipes?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I bought 5 of it for investment. Only the green and orange ones. The black one is too expensive.

The way I see it is, it is just an exotic jewel upgrade. Meaning it can’t be put in ascended jewel. It is also celestial stats.

My guess is most likely there will be new jewel coming out, maybe ascended infusion which does the same thing. Or jewel with different stats. I would put all my money into it, if not for the uncertainty.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I love ’em. Hope that Anet get even more creative and add ones that make you turn metallic or golden.

Heck yes. Metallic one please.

Nope, to similar to the Juggernaut. I am all for adding new ones, but they shouldn’t touch on effects from existing legendary weapons.

I completely disagree since Hammer is only for Warriors and Guardians. A dye shouldn’t be profession bound.

Its not a dye, its a shader effect.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Cyrdead.3156

Cyrdead.3156

Same effect on Hylek potion from Sparkfly Fen.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hylek_Potion

Only the black effect is new.

Hyleck potion or Réfractor Effect + the jugg effect :

Attachments:

(edited by Cyrdead.3156)

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

So this is the non-crafter’s solution to the account-bound exotic quartz upgrade, tradeable but not craftable. With an uncommon special skin effect. Looks overpriced right now from my view but skins are so subjective.

I would sell it if it dropped but I can see how others would want it, and hope they get one without too much trouble.

What happens with two different colors? How about 3?

(edited by RollingBob.8502)

Valento.9852

Awesome effect!

Attachments:

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m intrigued by this as a new and novel thing, although I’m not optimistic about getting one, so my excitement has its limits. Neat effect, but I’m not going to pay a huge amount for it.

Still, it’s a neat new toy that isn’t in the gem store, which I hope people will appreciate for that fact on top of its own merits.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I like these, they’re really cool. I’ve been looking at the pictures and it seems like using celestail dye and these reflectors makes a decent glow. The orange makes fire glow better, the black makes abyss dye into pitch blackness. These will allow more custom options in building that special look.

I just wish they were implemented a little better. Most players who can afford these have ascended gear. Unless you can put these into a rebreather, we will have to sacrifice stats for looks. Which one one piece of accessory it’s not a big loss. But if this is true:

They seem to work like regular upgrades, though the color effect only happens if it’s in an amulet.

Out of all the places these could of been implemented you chose the amulet, making us loose our utility infusion in our amulets. I happen to like my +20% magic find.

They are still cool, but a change needs to be made on how these work. Either they need to be placable in rebreather, or made into a universal upgrade, or allow a forge recipe to turn them into an infusion. Anet let your players have it all, and not have to choose between looks and stats.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

cool effect (especially black)…lame implementation (shocker, right?).
should have been an endless potion or at least an infusion for an ascended amulet…what lvl 80 is running around without an ascended ammy considering how easy it is to get?

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

If you sell 10 stacks of ToT bags you can get a refractor from the TP

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Since i’m always preaching constructive criticism, here’s a suggestion on how to improve it’s implementation.

I think a good forge recipe to turn the jewel into an infusion could be:

Any color poly reflector,
Any infusion (utility included),
Some ecto &
Stack of candy corn

Which outputs an infusion of the type input, and has the picture of the poly reflector input, and the infusion funtions the same way as the jewel. This would be a good way to improve the jewel, and make it usuable for the majority players who already have ascended amulets.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Better solution. Change Anet’s implementation manager whatever they call it. Based on Gaile’s reaction on this thread its clear that it was never communicated with their team… was not even mention when the patch came out as usual.

Valento.9852

I’d like another slot instead of infusion.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

The orange one looks really great with the Mad King Outfit when dyed Celestial.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Pretty cool that they’re adding effects to regular items(non legendary) now, but I’m not really that impressed since they are basically the same thing you get from hylek potions.

Would be nice if there was one that gave you the same effect you have while you have the candy Coated buff.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’m a pvper, spent 640g to buy the black one,
they don’t work in pvp…

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

And why do you care what you look like in PvP?

Posted by: Khan Ur Drakavic.9052

Khan Ur Drakavic.9052

laokoko.7403

The way I see it is, it is just an exotic jewel upgrade. Meaning it can’t be put in ascended jewel. It is also celestial stats.

You can put on blue item n share across all your toons ), I got one of each.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Do the stats of the jewel get added to the base stats of the item u put it on?

For ex if i have knights stats on an item, after i put that jewel on, it will have knights + celestial?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

atm the best thing would be to offer a merchant where you can exchange it for the same jewel with other stats

AND

one merchant where you can exchange it for an Infusion so your ascended trinkets were not wasted….

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I don’t really understand why people are excited since they are exotic and change your dyes to essentially one color. My characters have multiple colors in their look so I can’t imagine going out of my way to make them so monotone.

If many people used these everyone would look like just about everyone else. Instead of very individual looks we’d have a bunch of people plain black, a bunch of people plain orange, a bunch of people plain green. Doesn’t sound good to me.

And…exotic.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Ehh, they’re interesting but agreed with Djinn; quite monotonous. Although some can give off an interesting effect combined with legendary effects etc.

These things have a cringe-worthy drop rate as others have stated. Already got the mini ghost pup after 5k bags but then I snagged one of these, orange, at around 12k bags (image below).

Attachments:

Valento.9852

Simple: create a recipe! Something like:
+ <Jewel> attached to <trinket>
+ 50x <insert T6 mat>
+ 50x Mystic Coins
+ 10x Candy Corn Cobs

Output would be an ascended <trinket> (amulet, acessory or ring) with stats dependant on <T6 mat>‘s, and glow dependant on <Jewel>. Trinket quality wouldn’t matter.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The refractors make a big difference at night. This character is using all pyre.

Oh, and this one is in a back piece. It also worked in a ring, an amulet and an earring.

Attachments:

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Definitely very cool.

I will be saving up my money to buy the black one….. I just hope i can get enough before the price skyrockets after halloween ends.

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

So the trinket you get from salvaging Oontz’s necklace gives +12 to all stats, and a buff that gives +12 to all stats? So you get a combined total of +24 to all stats from this trinket? Putting that on an exotic trinket of your choice actually makes it close to ascended stats for you primaries, and gives you free stats as a bonus.

If you have both an orange and green trinket equipped, do you get both the Gourd and Ghoul buffs? Or do the buffs not stack?