New Legendaries - Mass Production?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

Hello,

Now that these new legendaries are obtained through collections this means they can only be obtained once as far as I understand. Also they aren’t tradeable and won’t have any direct effect on the market. Does this mean if I want two of the same new legendary I am forced to create Quip and reskin it? Or is Anet going to implement something where if you make it once you can mass produce it like the Achievement skins?

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

Well I can see them affecting the market with the crafting materials. Deldrimor Steel has already gone up a few gold because of the sheer number required to make the precursor (30 for Bolt). If this is going to be the same for the Legendary Armors then I say stock up/buy the Bolt of Damask as it has dropped to 10g each (I am poor and cannot even buy 1).
It has been said I think in some notes that you can only make each precursor once per account I believe, quote me if I am wrong.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

People who want to make the same legendary for themselves twice are the minority at this point because of wardrobe. So I doubt there will be a way to make more than one. Just re skin it with ascended.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Go back and watch the ‘Guild Chat’ from a few weeks ago. Linsay(sp?)Murdock explains it all. You have to skin a different item, but it’s different from skinning, say an exotic. It has a unique way to do it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Hello,

Now that these new legendaries are obtained through collections this means they can only be obtained once as far as I understand. Also they aren’t tradeable and won’t have any direct effect on the market. Does this mean if I want two of the same new legendary I am forced to create Quip and reskin it? Or is Anet going to implement something where if you make it once you can mass produce it like the Achievement skins?

Thats right, every new legendary is only available once per account.
If you want to dual wield 2 new legendary skins on 2 legendary weapons (instead of using 1 ascended), you need to obtain the old legendary of the same weapon type.

This also means that you cant earn the title Twice Told Legend with the new skins.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

If you want 2 of the same then you need to either have 2 of the same precursor drop or buy them off the TP. The old ones are still available to get for 2 of the same.

Rage Cube.4573

If you want 2 of the same then you need to either have 2 of the same precursor drop or buy them off the TP. The old ones are still available to get for 2 of the same.

New Legendary precursors don’t drop.

Rage Cube.4573

Go back and watch the ‘Guild Chat’ from a few weeks ago. Linsay(sp?)Murdock explains it all. You have to skin a different item, but it’s different from skinning, say an exotic. It has a unique way to do it.

Interesting.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

New Legendary precursors don’t drop.

I did say the OLD ones are still available since the only the OLD ones drop or are gotten from the TP …….. no where in there did I say the new ones from the masteries …….

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

They did say they wanted to add a way to craft a second legendary stat item of the same kind with out the legendary effect that you can just reskin onto it anyway.
But it aint in the game atm and in my oppion aint needed since if you want to legendarys get a old precursor and craft that

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The simplest solution is to make an ascended weapon and re-skin it. You can use the mystic forge to change the stats fairly cheaply, unless you’re doing it all the time the cost shouldn’t be prohibitive.

There is a minor downside in that if another tier is ever added the ascended reskin won’t be upgraded like legendaries will. But since they’ve stated they don’t plan to add any new tiers any time soon, didn’t add any with the expansion and have said they won’t add any when raids are released (the two main ways other games introduce new tiers) I don’t think you’d need to worry about that for a very long time, if ever.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”