New Legendaries / Rework

New Legendaries / Rework

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

for the 1st time i like to read something from Colin Johanson, its nothing againts is just i loose some trust of him.
thanks for the update

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s highly likely the precursor concept will involve playing varied different content all over the game to gather numerous content specific materials that are combined together to make a precursor.

We do also want to maintain that chance you could get lucky and earn one earlier through random drops, so when we add the new system we will not remove the current one to ensure players have multiple ways to gain the items. Also with the upcoming update to WvW, there will be a chance players can earn precursors from the WvW rank reward chests as well.

why do they drop from world bosses but not from high level jade maw chest? ………..

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s highly likely the precursor concept will involve playing varied different content all over the game to gather numerous content specific materials that are combined together to make a precursor.

We do also want to maintain that chance you could get lucky and earn one earlier through random drops, so when we add the new system we will not remove the current one to ensure players have multiple ways to gain the items. Also with the upcoming update to WvW, there will be a chance players can earn precursors from the WvW rank reward chests as well.

Random drops is not a WAY to get precursors. It’s not something you have to do. It’s the server picking out random people and giving them a free precursor basicly. Unless if they would only drop from bosses/chests.

(edited by CoRtex.2157)

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

Nice to hear an answer from the team. I would love to see some new legendaries. Maybe some that are not so… playful and childish (like pistol or shortbow..). I know, they are funny, but not everyone wants a style like that for their legendary.

And I’m wondering, if we will see legendary armor in the near feature. Something prestige like the Obsidian armor.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

I really hope that they make the scavenger difficult and long enough that players will still think that the 600g or so to buy some precursors is a suitable alternative.

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

+ a whole list of scavenger item requirements that can only be acquired through beating tough bosses, acquired at different times at the day, and through solo and team work.

No to guild commendations.
-Not everyone is in a guild.
-Not everyone wants to be in a guild
-Not everyone that is in a guild is in a large enough guild to acquire this.
-Not everyone that is in a large enough guild has the desire to do guild missions at all.
-Not every guild does guild missions, even if they can.

Absolute no to guild commendations. If I dont want to do guild missions, thats how I want to play…i.e. the whole theme of the game. So don’t force me to do that.

That is your own fault. Guild missions are old news, and there are plenty of guilds that will take you. You should NOT be get rewarded for just “playing how you want to play”.

I hope the include all this are requirements, and more. Us real gamers have already done all this stuff anyway.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

I really hope that they make the scavenger difficult and long enough that players will still think that the 600g or so to buy some precursors is a suitable alternative.

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

+ a whole list of scavenger item requirements that can only be acquired through beating tough bosses, acquired at different times at the day, and through solo and team work.

I would have to agree that guild commendations would be a bad thing to have in the requirements for a precursor scavenger hunt only because there are soooo many limitations to acquisition of commendations already (mission limited, time limited, influence limited, guild size/participating player limited).

All the other requirements you suggested aren’t very limiting in their acquisition in that:
A) they aren’t time limited (SPvP, WvW, dungeon master)
B) they aren’t guild size/participating player limited (laurals, and to a lesser extent [in descending order] dungeon master, WvW, SPvP)
C) they aren’t mission/influence limited (none of these require enormous amounts of work [influence/build time] prior to being able to work on acquisition of points/items in them).

Guild commendations would kill many peoples’ chances at getting a precursor through the scavenger hunt (in a reasonable amount of time [up to a year], if not all together) because of the reasons stated above. They may love to do guild missions, but may just not have the opportunity to do them (and if you want a reason why “then join a guild that does guild missions” doesn’t work for a lot of people just go look at all the old threads on guild missions and how they hurt small guilds).

My rational for not wanting guild commendations (since the last guy that didn’t want them was just shot down, but also didn’t back his opinion up with thorough reasoning).

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Man, I’m happy with Colin’s post!
I’ll sleep gladly tonight!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

torches and pitchforks

You heard the man, legendary pitchforks as a mainhand weapon to match Rodgort!

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Aeon.1632

Aeon.1632

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

-Not everyone that is in a large enough guild has the desire to do guild missions at all.

Absolute no to guild commendations. If I dont want to do guild missions, thats how I want to play…i.e. the whole theme of the game. So don’t force me to do that.

Im sorry but the game is called “Guild Wars 2” everyone should be in a guild and rewarded for taking part in one. therefore guild commendations for precursor is a great idea as it will help build a stronger community.

That being said there need to be more ways to get guild commendations for this to be a viable option.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

I’m all for awarding precursors for some great feats like any of these but within a specific time frame. Like running 20 different dungeon paths within 24 hours.

brb stabbing my eyeballs out with a hot poker dipped in acid.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

As I said countless times, RNG is fine, as long as it’s just the “fastest possible way” (you may get exactly what you want on the very first try).

But RNG alone wont do. It must exist along a two other ways: A grindy way that absolutely anyone can do given enough time, and a skill-based way that is limited in number of times you can do and rewards being able to do something not everyone can.

Looks like we are getting the grindy one. The skilled one is left.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

Not going happen. My bet is thakittens going to be all about ranks/achievements and will require zero of the currency available.

I betting it will play out much like it did with getting the Fused Molten Gloves. Or the South Sun back pieces. Do X number of WvW achievements and receive on part of the precursor. Do X number of PvE achievements and receive another part and so on and so on.

Also betting on all new achievements so I would not bet on getting a instant precursor the day it launches.

Just my guesses.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

Amusing logic, given that if it were true, it could be applied to everything on the list.
i.e.:
“Absolute no to sPvP tournaments. If I dont want to do sPvP, thats how I want to play…i.e. the whole theme of the game. So don’t force me to do that.”
“Absolute no to dungeon master. If I dont want to do dungeons, thats how I want to play…i.e. the whole theme of the game. So don’t force me to do that.”

Conclusion: Precursor awarded for logging into the game for the first time.

Vol, I would love to see how the scavenger hunt shakes out. While I agree it should require a fair number of generic things (dungeons, WvW, guild stuff, what have you), wouldn’t lt be great if it also had its own deliberate, dedicated quest line? The design of which should take weeks/months, (Time gating progression is the easiest way to do this, though not very creative I admit), and would really intersect with the story lines of each and every zone.

This is, of course, something of a pipe dream. Even typing that sentence out makes it sound like a lot of work, never mind the intricacies of implementing it.

It’s highly likely it will just be a checklist of items and achievements, supplemented with one or two instances. This is not a bad thing, but please at least make them a mystery, give us something to solve! The Final Rest staff was at the peak of excitement when no one knew where it came from. I hope discovering the secret to creating a precursor has just as much speculation and chatter (and not one based on a bugged boss encounter -_-). I’ve deliberately held off making any more legendaries in anticipation of this being something exciting to do!

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’d love to see new precursors for new legendaries (which would hopefully also be account bound) that are account bound on acquire via the “scavenger hunt”. That way players would actually need to partake in said content instead of just playing the tp or something like cof p1 runs.

Serenity now~Insanity later

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Is there any sort of timeline on this? It was first stated over 6 months ago I believe. Is this something that is going to happen in the next few months? 6 more months? A year? 10 years? Obviously you can’t give us an exact date, but some sort of rough timeline would be nice.

We’ve learned we really can’t give timelines, since if we’re ever wrong a mob comes after us with torches and pitchforks I can say we started designing this, and realized the proper (not hacked in quick) solution needs to be a part of bigger systems that more clearly directs players as well as ties in comprehensive rewards for playing across our game world, which we’re currently working on right now.

Some small parts of that comprehensive plan for game reward systems are already rolling out this month with the updates to WvW rank rewards.

For more details of our high-level strategy, feel free to check out:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Would you consider posting a timeline if a mob showed up at HQ bearing puppies and kittens?

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Scoompoof.4657

Scoompoof.4657

So… should I abandon farming for money to purchase my precursor? is this a vision in the next few months or next year?

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the WvW rank reward chests as well.

what about the players who have already reached very high WvW ranks? no WvW rank reward chests for them then?

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Is there any sort of timeline on this? It was first stated over 6 months ago I believe. Is this something that is going to happen in the next few months? 6 more months? A year? 10 years? Obviously you can’t give us an exact date, but some sort of rough timeline would be nice.

We’ve learned we really can’t give timelines, since if we’re ever wrong a mob comes after us with torches and pitchforks I can say we started designing this, and realized the proper (not hacked in quick) solution needs to be a part of bigger systems that more clearly directs players as well as ties in comprehensive rewards for playing across our game world, which we’re currently working on right now.

Some small parts of that comprehensive plan for game reward systems are already rolling out this month with the updates to WvW rank rewards.

For more details of our high-level strategy, feel free to check out:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

I’m sure you would have thought of this but I’d just like to point out the best consept I could think of for people to obtain their Legendary. In much of the story quests we find ourselves at crossroads where we choose which mission we want to take to progress forward. Like whispers covert missions,vigil brute strength etc. The best possible way to truely give a background story to a weapon of such legendary statis is to give its own story line. As players inbark on this precursor quest chain they are given choices which lead to diffrent precursors. That in itself gives you the ability to have a combined quest chain that branchs at later levels concluding a central story line with each veried outcome for each diffrent legendary climaxing at the end with the precursor and its own personal story. And POOF you got Legendary precursor and a story to boot. Seems to be a great idea IMO and means we get our precursors,people get lore and content behind the weapons and lastly I can stop posting on the forums how rediculous it is to get a precursor. Please I know your busy and love all Anets work but if you could give me some feedback on this I would be over the moon. Your friend and long term GW1/GW2 addict and supporter Lance. Thanks

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Glad to hear something is in works, but I hope it isn’t just a Gift of Mastery v 2.0 (do this and this and that and this and that) or a Gift of Fortune v 2.0 (get really lucky or grind a ton of gold/materials). I’d like the precursor to be obtained through heroic adventure, not menial tasks or mindless grinding.

And while you guys are addressing the precursor, mind dropping the material requirements from 250 to 100 and the Icy Runestones from 100 to – I don’t know – say 25?

New Legendaries / Rework

darkace.8925

make it really, really, really, really, really hard to get all those things.
I don’t want to see every casual player obtaining his precursor in a day.
This need to be challenging so people have to work hard for it.
In my opinion, this is one of the most important things to pay attention while designing the hunt

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to address this. You make is sound as if the only thing required to get a Legendary is the precursor. It’s not. There’s a TON of work required without even considering the precursor.

If ANet gave everyone a precursor tonight – literally mailed them the precursor of their chioce – how many people have the world completion, WvW badges, T6 materials, skill points, etcos, and gold to get convert that into a Legendary? I’ll wager it’s not nearly so many as you’re making it out to be.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Wolfsergi.2537

Wolfsergi.2537

I just want a legendary that looks good on a necro. Something with footsteps that look like things are rotting around you would be awesome

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

It’s not the epic questline I was thinking would be awesome, but it is so a step in the right direction. Involving more of the world for me at least would make it feel more like a journey. I might actually go for one when this is implemented.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Here’s a question? Will the players who are still having loot and DR issues actually not get these rewards from these chests in either location or will this be looked into so they don’t get a rare or some other useless item every time these events occur? I’m talking, of course, about the people who never receive exotic or higher types of items for months on end.

Oh and also when this plan is put into motion will there be a currency option (NON RNG) for collecting T6 mats needed for legendary construction in PVE?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

We still plan to…

Okay then. Rules:

• No more KTR and RNG BS
  • Named Exotics should be improved (Like Azureflame and Aether onto something more kitten color/effect)
  • Progressive way, not grindfest. It is easy to write down 250 ectos, but to collecting it without grindfarming the whole game, like everyone does…

Good Luck CJ.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Orion.9075

Orion.9075

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

I would hope when playing “Guild Wars” one would be “Warring” with “Guilds”. Honestly, I can understand not wanting to group (but I don’t really understand… it’s kind of the purpose of an MMO), to only PVE/PVP, or to only WvW, but not having a guild just goes against the nature of the game. I’m in a guild where we couldn’t get all that crap anyway, cuz we ONLY WvW.

Imo, all gear/skins/etc, or at least an even amount should be able to be obtained through your preferred playstyle (as far as META game goes). I should be able to obtain just as much cool kitten through WvW as a PVEr can through PVE.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

That whole “Guild Wars means wars and guilds” argument is redundant. Guild Wars is a title based on a specific period in the lore and NOTHING more. Stop it with that tired statement.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

they told pvp would not be involved in acquisition of PvE things…
I wonder if i can trust something anet says or even this time they will turn back on their words…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

That is your own fault. Guild missions are old news. Us real gamers have already done all this stuff anyway.

I couldn’t agree more with cesmode. Guild commendations shouldn’t be in there.
“Us real gamers”…not everyone is a hardcore 24/7 game only gamer. Smoke I fixed it up for you…well, only kitten in your post that mattered. Only thing you succeeded in is making yourself look like a kitten. Good day fine sir.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Look to the Moa Chick of GW1. The quest was doable but lengthy and across all maps (4) of GW1.
1. It required unique and deadly situations. Seriously who in their right mind would purposely get hit by the Forgeman’s molten dump?
2. It required interesting play. Dipping the egg in a stream that you can easily see but “can’t get there from here” half hour treck.
3. And most importantly I didn’t have to farm 250 of anything!

Don’t forget Black Moa Chick started with a rare spawn, that could be very frustrating to get initially.

Just starting the chain could be a challenge to some. Once you got it, it was two days of work.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: JohnSar.2837

JohnSar.2837

You guys are funny. You think that only by doing a variety of quests will give you the precursor. Right now the mystic toilet’s RNG is the only thing that removes vast amount of materials. IMHO this new system will require a huge amount of mats and gold among the other things.
But still will be better than the toilet.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

they told pvp would not be involved in acquisition of PvE things…
I wonder if i can trust something anet says or even this time they will turn back on their words…..

quote? a source please!

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

We still plan to…

Okay then. Rules:

• No more KTR and RNG BS

Good Luck CJ.

No more xxx-xxxx damage on weapons? No more critchance? (would ruin 2 complete attribute lines) No more x% chance on xx Runes, Sigils? This would make me sad.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Time-gated dedicated quest for precursors would be so awesome! :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

You do know that they’ve been talking about implementing scavenger hunt in the future for… quite a while now? A Dev saying they’re thinking of a concept for precursors really doesn’t sound like something that will show up soon, unless if ANet is a bit more impulsive than they seem.

Granted, they do seem to have short attention spans. “The playerbase should have quaggan backpacks! No, wait, how about riding clothes for a game without mounts! Oo! Oo! How about a tropical even involving a beach where you get to see other npc’s in swimsuits, make the playerbase expect some new bikini’s as a result, and then hit them with voodoo!”

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Please make don’t make these account- or soulbound though! I have had a precursor for a while now and all I need is t6 mats, If I could sell a precursor I could finally buy those mats…

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Whatever they decide to do, we need a much larger selection of legendaries before they do it to introduce variety.

In WvW I routinely see multiple legendaries in a single zerg – now imagine if legendaries were easy enough to get to finally appease the masses… the floor is gonna be black and white in sunrise/twilight guano and the air positively glowing in the aurora borealis of a thousand bifrosts

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Great news Colin. About time…
Guess we should start to buy up some T6 mats… and sell off some precursors.

Now that this is sorted, Colin, when are you guys planning on removing DR?

New Legendaries / Rework

darkace.8925

Oh and also when this plan is put into motion will there be a currency option (NON RNG) for collecting T6 mats needed for legendary construction in PVE?

They already have one, it’s called gold. They have another with minimal rng, it’s called Laurels.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Rework the Bifrost auras, footprints, and affect when i’m using it. Effects of Bifrost are the worst of all Legendary weapons.

New Legendaries / Rework

darkace.8925

Effects of Bifrost are the worst of all Legendary weapons.

Fans of the Meteorlogicus and The Minstrel might disagree with you on this.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

That whole “Guild Wars means wars and guilds” argument is redundant. Guild Wars is a title based on a specific period in the lore and NOTHING more. Stop it with that tired statement.

Honestly, while I personally hate the concept of guilds and tend to avoid them entirely (inb4WhyyouplayGUILDwarsthen!?), I’m kind of tired of seeing this rebuttal used.

It feels fairly obvious that “Guild Wars” was chosen as the title specifically because of the guild-centric PvP gameplay element of the first game and that the lore reason for the title was created as a ‘clever’ way of working it into the game’s background. Basically, it’s not called Guild Wars because of the guild wars that happened in the game’s story; the guild wars that happened in the game’s story occurred because they wanted to reinforce calling it Guild Wars.

Rework the Bifrost auras, footprints.

Honestly, I’d say all the footprints need work. They either need to be changed to have a tapered-effect around them or be replaced by a trail that follows you rather than discreet spots since they just look like blobs right now. Kudzu is probably the worst offender.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

(edited by Dark Saviour.9410)

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

That is great news… Thanks.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

As I said, the effort to complete this scavenger hunt really should be difficult and time-consuming enough thakitten would still give players contemplation to purchase it on the outpost for the rate it is right now.

The fact that they have taken months to design it and that there are technical hurdles shows thakitten is going to be completed, and not a simple ‘complete your personal story + other little dungeons like molten alliance’. That’s naive. Everyone would be able to do that and seeing everyone have a legendary will be as repulsive as seeing everyone in Cof armor 1 month after release (seriously, everyone wore that kitten)

No matter what Anet does, there will always be people complaining thakitten will be too easy and too hard.

I hope that if they make it too easy, they release a new ‘tier’ of legendaries with no stat advantage but increased and desirable effects i.e. “Ascended Legendaries”

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Effects of Bifrost are the worst of all Legendary weapons.

haha^^

seems like Zlociukti never took a look at any of the other legendaries before complaining about Bifrost…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

As I said, the effort to complete this scavenger hunt really should be difficult and time-consuming enough thakitten would still give players contemplation to purchase it on the outpost for the rate it is right now.
(…)

I do agree with this – except for the ending. The market will regulate the rate. The “players” will dictate the value of it just as they are doing it right now. No point trying to argue for a locked in rate.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Especially those with Meteorlogicus on an asura.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

The fact that they have taken months to design it and that there are technical hurdles shows thakitten is going to be completed, and not a simple ‘complete your personal story + other little dungeons like molten alliance’. That’s naive. Everyone would be able to do that and seeing everyone have a legendary will be as repulsive as seeing everyone in Cof armor 1 month after release (seriously, everyone wore that kitten)

No matter what Anet does, there will always be people complaining thakitten will be too easy and too hard.

I hope that if they make it too easy, they release a new ‘tier’ of legendaries with no stat advantage but increased and desirable effects i.e. “Ascended Legendaries”

I agree getting one shouldn’t be easy, It should be time consuming like you said. maybe find a way to set timers so parts open up after so many hours after completing the part before etc.

There are several ways they could implement a epic quest style hunt to obtain a legendary. What would also be good with this is specific quests based on the legendary you would like, yes I know it would require more unique content but think about how many people would do every one just to experience the unique storyline for each Legendary.

I would be kinda kitten ed if they released a new tier of legendary after spending all this time gathering all the components needed to make my 1st one.

Bottom line it sounds like a positive thing that most people would like to see and in a game like this keeping the community positive is always good.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

I’d also say no to the PVP aspect for the exact same reasons. Besides, you can’t use the legendary you craft in PvP (unless you can unlock it in PvP? I don’t PvP, so I’m not sure how that whole locker thing works), so PvP should have no bearing on it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Sorry, by new tier of legendary, I don’t mean new weapons, like 2 extra sta kitten in addition to the Bifrost

By ‘ascended legendary’ I mean you can upgrade you current legendary using more expensive recipes that will make it more desirable and look even cooler.

E.g.
-FSP will now have a trail of flying ghost books as you walk around with it, equivalent to footprints
-Sunrise will now have rays of Sunlight shoot out on critical hits (Twilight will have dark streaks like those flying dark things in Harry Potter)
-Bifrost will now have shards of icy footprints
-Juggernaut will now leave noticeable damage marks on the ground after each pummel/attack

edit: Not sure why “s.t.a. kitten ” is getting converted to kittens with this filter

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

If anyone is familiar with Runescape and the Completionist cape (both regular and trimmed) know that is the “end-game item achievement”. This takes YEARS of grinding and 1 of the items on the checklist takes 5,000 games of a mini-game at 20 minutes each. I agree with Vol. Any Precursor checklist should be long, it should be hard, it should be a grind.

Legendary weapons should be legendary. Pay the cash or do the time for your precursor.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.