New Legendaries

New Legendaries

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Artemis.6283

Artemis.6283

On November 13th Linsey Murdock said in this thread: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

that there will be new legendary weapons. So far there were no more infos. I just wanted a statement when we can expect new legendary skins, because some weapons are in dire need of one…

You had a good system on the greatsword where one could choose between a light and a dark skin…. I Hope you will do the same with the other weapons so that everyone can choose at least between 2 skins of the same weapon.

I hope you will give us some infos about that topic because the announcement was 2 months ago…

New Legendaries

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

“when it’s ready”

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

New Legendaries

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

“when it’s ready”

You forgot the “TM”

New Legendaries

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

2 months, that isn’t enough to create so many pixels!

First, you need to think about how the item will be for 6 years, then write all the design on 16365 pages, then maybe you can start designing it.

/sad sarcasm about game designing nowadays

New Legendaries

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Yes..

New legendaries are needed. Some are very lacking in appeal. A choice between two of each type would be really nice.

How could anyone possibly take me seriously if I equipped the Quip and shot bubbles and confetti at them? I want a more bad kitten pistol, please.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Shade.4702

Shade.4702

She did not say “legendary weapons.” She said “legendary items.” That could mean anything. Legendary earrings, legendary helmets, legendary runes…

New Legendaries

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

How could anyone possibly take me seriously if I equipped the Quip and shot bubbles and confetti at them? I want a more bad kitten pistol, please.

Specifications for New Legendary Pistol:
1) Must be at least twice the size of regular pistol, preferably three times;
2) Must be black. Design must be completely impractical. Spikes everywhere;
3) On fire too? Fire is bad kitten always on fire;
4) Shoots smaller pistols that then fire knives;
5) Needs to be loud. Make it sound like the roaring of an angry Norse God. I want to read reports of people’s ears bleeding;
6) Emotes when fired: ‘rulez r 4 foolz’. There is no way for other players not to have this emote appear in their chat window if the wielder is on the same map;
7) Sends whispers to wielder complimenting them on their prowess in love and war;
8) No-one understands how it works, like no-one understands your heart;
9) Unsure about the name, but it must involve a combination of at least four different bad kitten words, ie; ‘Wolf’, ‘Midnight’, ‘Slaughter’, ‘Blood’, ‘Axe’. No, it does not matter if it is a pistol with the word ‘Axe’ in its’ name.

I expect my royalty cheque in the post for designing this masterpiece.

Behold: Opinions!

New Legendaries

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Id like to see less rainbows and more “ima serious badkitten motherkitten” skins. I dream of one day being able to make class specific legendaries, a black as night staff dripping ghastly green flames for necro that shrowd him/her in dark shadows.

Dreaming aside, just make some serious skins, also some dark skins for those evil driven roleplayers and dark magic classes.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

New Legendaries

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

2 months, that isn’t enough to create so many pixels!

First, you need to think about how the item will be for 6 years, then write all the design on 16365 pages, then maybe you can start designing it.

/sad sarcasm about game designing nowadays

how about there’s more important things to focus in the game? Like bugs, new events,new lore, etc.
How about understanding the community? Remember what happened when they said that there’s going to be ascended gear? They decided to be cautious and release it far slower now.
What you don’t understand is that lots of different people are asking for different things and there’s no reason why they should prioritize creating more legendaries.

New Legendaries

Artemis.6283

No one said that they should ignore Bugs, events etc….. You have to understand that there are many people at Anet who are working on many different things.

One of those are new weapon skins. And I really think it’s important to create an alternative skin for every weapon, so that there is at least a choice between rainbow/flower/unicorn etc. skins and some darker skins like the greatsword choice.

You don’t have to worry that they wouldn’t fix bugs because of legendary weapons….

New Legendaries

Posted by: Spritzo.4938

Spritzo.4938

I would like to see some new legendaries, and for one specific reason – the current legendary stats (power, toughness, vitality) don’t really fit my shatter Mesmer build.

I suppose I could just use a legendary sword and pistol for all of my toughness and vitality, and build all the rest of my gear with power and precision. But then again..that would take a really long time, I could just simply buy all of the exotic gear that I want off of the trading post (for about 1/1000th of the price of a single legendary) and not have to deal with making an overpriced legendary weapon.

And as a side note, legendary gear would be awesome, but I know that’s far from being considered at this point. Would just be awesome to see.

TL;DR make more legendaries with different stats to allow more build options for everyone.

New Legendaries

Artemis.6283

She did not say “legendary weapons.” She said “legendary items.” That could mean anything. Legendary earrings, legendary helmets, legendary runes…

Yeah it could mean that there will be other legendary items apart from weapons, but in that case a statement would be great, because many people are waiting for new legendary weapons like me.
If there won’t be new weapons I’d like to know and spent my money elsewhere…

But if she didn’t meant weapons it could only mean armor, because the difference between legendary and exotic is only the appearance, the stats are the same, so legendary rings wouldn’t make sense.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

But if she didn’t meant weapons it could only mean armor, because the difference between legendary and exotic is only the appearance, the stats are the same, so legendary rings wouldn’t make sense.

It could be both. She stated that legendaries would be boosted up to ascended status.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

New Legendaries

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Not necessarily. They announced that legendary items would always be BiS (they are only same stats as exotics atm because Arenanet isn’t finished messing with them yet). Nothing will ever be better than a legendary item. Sooo, that said- it could very well be that rings would be worthwhile since you would be guaranteeing to always have the best ring/amulet/whatever in the game.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

I wonder if existing named exotics will be used as precursors or if new ones will be introduced.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

I wonder if existing named exotics will be used as precursors or if new ones will be introduced.

if its existing then you can bet some wealthy tycoon will insta buy the whole supply… so im betting on new precursors

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

New Legendaries

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Specifications for New Legendary Pistol:
1) Must be at least twice the size of regular pistol, preferably three times;
2) Must be black. Design must be completely impractical. Spikes everywhere;
3) On fire too? Fire is bad kitten always on fire;
4) Shoots smaller pistols that then fire knives;
5) Needs to be loud. Make it sound like the roaring of an angry Norse God. I want to read reports of people’s ears bleeding;
6) Emotes when fired: ‘rulez r 4 foolz’. There is no way for other players not to have this emote appear in their chat window if the wielder is on the same map;
7) Sends whispers to wielder complimenting them on their prowess in love and war;
8) No-one understands how it works, like no-one understands your heart;
9) Unsure about the name, but it must involve a combination of at least four different bad kitten words, ie; ‘Wolf’, ‘Midnight’, ‘Slaughter’, ‘Blood’, ‘Axe’. No, it does not matter if it is a pistol with the word ‘Axe’ in its’ name.

I expect my royalty cheque in the post for designing this masterpiece.

This post, so much win lol

New Legendaries

Posted by: Blackers.7512

Blackers.7512

can’t say I am a fan of the legendary weapon designs at the moment, most of them look like toys from a joke shop. they just don’t look… legendary.

There needs to be more variants to choose from, so you can pick something to go along side your character style.

afterall, given all the effort that goes into making a legendary in game, you atleast should have some more options to make it all worth while.

As a thief i would want a weapon that has looks and effects that go along side the class style. at the moment I have the options of a short bow with a unicorn and butterfly wings that shoots rainbows… a pistol that shoots bubbles and confetti, while looking like it has just came out of the film ‘Yellow Submarine’… and ofcourse Incinerator, which is just over the top, and not to mention pretty much the only legendary a thief is going to make, given that it seems to be the only option we get.

I really do hope more legendary weapons come out soon, and i hope they look good.

Desolation – Thief

New Legendaries

Artemis.6283

Well not everyone has to like the legendaries, there will always be some aspects to them that we won’t like. BUT the themes of some legendaries are just a really bad joke.
As you just said… a thief with a Unicorn bow? That’s not even funny that’s emberrasing….

Some people like them because they think it’s funny. But everyone who wants to play a serious MMO could be really offended by that design….
A Necro with Bifrost? …. Yeah really great thumps up! It’s ok for Ele, but it doesn’t suit a necro…
I Just want to know if there will be other themes to the legendaries a reply would be really helpul!
If you say there will be new legendaries in a post, then at least give us a hint when we can expect them…

New Legendaries

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

NEW LEGENDARYS TO MUCH RAINBOW :P