New Legendary Account Bound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Hey guys,

So I was talking with a buddy of mine who’s one of those Marketplace guys. I’m pretty good at turning a profit on game marketplaces, but this is one of those guys who made like 40K at D3 lol.

He tells me that any legendary, new or old, made after the expansion will be account bound….

Is this true? This of course would skyrocket the price of Legends on the Marketplace because once they are gone…..they are gone…..lol

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The new crafted Legendaries will be account bound. The old Legendaries made from precursors that came from the mystic forge or from a drop will be sellable, just as they are now. The new crafted precursors can’t be sold. The old crafted ones can.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/
This final collection unlocks the recipe to craft the polished final iteration of the precursor. For all of our existing precursors, this is a tradable exotic weapon, but they will all be updated to use new skins that look much like the legendary weapons they’ll one day become. We like to think of these new precursor skins as the legendary weapon before it is embodied by its soul. Unlocking one of these new skins in your wardrobe will also unlock the two previous tiers of skins. So, should you get lucky and find a precursor out in the world, you won’t miss out on the skins.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Only ones where precursors are crafted I believe, which is all of the new ones. I believe the old ones will still be trade-able.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The old ones will not, but any crafted precursors will be, until there final form. The new legendary’s will be account bound, that includes the precursors.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Luclinraider.2317

Yes, meaning that precursors might still be on the marketplace post expansion. But Legend’s will not. For example once all the BFrost are sold post expansion….that’s it…..you can’t buy them anymore, you have to make them.

This will blow those prices up at time goes on. The old legendary will quickly become even more expensive, even within a few months after the expansion.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

^^NO.

The old one’s are tradable, always, the new ones are not.

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes, meaning that precursors might still be on the marketplace post expansion. But Legend’s will not. For example once all the BFrost are sold post expansion….that’s it…..you can’t buy them anymore, you have to make them.

This will blow those prices up at time goes on. The old legendary will quickly become even more expensive, even within a few months after the expansion.

This is all wrong.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The 1st generation legendaries and their pre’s will remain tradable. Even the ones made via the precursor crafting. However, you can only get one of each gen 1 pre from the crafting, so if you sell it, you’re back to rng to get another one.

2nd gen and beyond, neither precursor nor legendary will be tradable. Additionally, the pres will only be obtainable through their crafting collections, they will not be dropped anywhere as loot.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Luclinraider.2317

Ok, so they will remain tradable. Sorry, I was misinformed :P.

So do you guys think the prices of current legends will plummet? Or go up?

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

You will know in about 2-4 weeks.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think we might see a small drop in price initially as people 1)try to unload what they presently have as HoT comes out and 2) as people create (via the collections) and sell one’s they’ve already made prior to HoT. After that initial influx of new supply, prices will probably bounce back somewhere close to what they have been, since there really won’t be a “steady supply” of new gen 1 pres/legendaries from the new crafting.

BrotherBelial.3094

I think we might see a small drop in price initially as people 1)try to unload what they presently have as HoT comes out and 2) as people create (via the collections) and sell one’s they’ve already made prior to HoT. After that initial influx of new supply, prices will probably bounce back somewhere close to what they have been, since there really won’t be a “steady supply” of new gen 1 pres/legendaries from the new crafting.

I have to agree with this. might be worth buying them when they drop a bit, then selling them when the prices go back up.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“The final piece to this puzzle is the uniquely themed gift for each legendary weapon. For the original set of twenty legendary weapons, this gift is comprised of a gift of dungeon tokens and a quantity of loosely related items or materials. For future sets of legendary weapons, this gift will only come from a large collection achievement that is unlocked after completing the collections and recipes associated with crafting your precursor weapon. This fourth collection is a continuation of the themed journey that was in the first three precursor collections, and it will take roughly the same amount of effort that those three required combined. This penultimate step in a legendary weapon journey is really the peak in terms of lore and flavor.”

I wonder how long before people see what’s bolded.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I saw it. I sighed and shook my head.

BrotherBelial.3094

“The final piece to this puzzle is the uniquely themed gift for each legendary weapon. For the original set of twenty legendary weapons, this gift is comprised of a gift of dungeon tokens and a quantity of loosely related items or materials. For future sets of legendary weapons, this gift will only come from a large collection achievement that is unlocked after completing the collections and recipes associated with crafting your precursor weapon. This fourth collection is a continuation of the themed journey that was in the first three precursor collections, and it will take roughly the same amount of effort that those three required combined. This penultimate step in a legendary weapon journey is really the peak in terms of lore and flavor.”

I wonder how long before people see what’s bolded.

Yeah I saw. But I don’t like any I’ve seen so far, so I’m not bothered or worried.