New Legendary Weapons?

New Legendary Weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LeviQuiteQuirky.6892

LeviQuiteQuirky.6892

Are we getting more at any point? I mean there are 3 Greatswords but only one of all the others and some just put me off..I’m a fan of maces but the moot? felt like a slap in the face. Some just feel like gimmicky weapons rather than legendary weapons.

I’d like more choices, would you?

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

At this point of 2 years, I do believe it’s time to get more options. I already have the legendaries I want. So, what’s next?

P.S.
Also JC to 500 and legendary accessories that can be seen and be able to change stats.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: prypiat.7406

prypiat.7406

I agree! I wanted to craft a legendary mace first, but when i saw Moot I changed my mind completely, I want something thats not a joke?

Gw2 seems to be very monotonous when it comes to gear skins/weapons. There is not that much to choose from in my opinion. I think there needs to be other gear/weapons that are from rewards. For example there is a ranking system for PvP but you get absolutely nothing from it, I feel there should be a special gear designed for the top PvP players. Same goes for dungeon gear, there should be dungeons that are extremely hard for the hardcore PvE players. And then of course more variety on Legendary weapons.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Are we getting more at any point?

Yes. They talked about it a while ago, saying that they would likely start with the less serious legendaries, as in Quip. Later on, they talked about adding more legendary equipment and would likely start with accessories.

When the WvW test server was up this was data mined and people thought it may be one of the new legendaries.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: LeviQuiteQuirky.6892

LeviQuiteQuirky.6892

Well that didn’t happen did it? O.O" almost a year later. I think they forgot.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I love you))).

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Must have been a typo.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Must have been a typo.

Yes it was 3012 originally.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

prety sure we where promised new legendary skins at some point going back about a year ago
just like we where promised a way to craft/quest for precurssors ……….yeah still waiting

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I would love for them to introduce new legendaries. I wouldn’t really mind making a legendary (it’s a gold sink and something to work towards for a long time) but none of the current ones really do it for me.

Imo, we need more legendaries that look like they “belong” in the game instead of tacky, gimmicky things. Something that looks powerful or elegant… not more things that shoot unicorns and sparkly lights or turn you into a walking, talking disco. I realise that some people like these sorts of legendaries, but at least give us a bit of diversity.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

There have been some changes which have made obtaining legendaries today harder to get compared to before:
-Karma nerfed
-Drops nerfed
-Gift of Battle requires extra effort
-Prices of many items including precursor have more than tripled

Many people are walking around in easymode legendaries,So in my opinion adding new legendaries is a good idea.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I managed to fashion my legendary greatsword by the first anniversary of the game. I would love to see more legendary weapons. Armor and accessories of legendary status. After putting time, experience, and money. I would have liked to see parts of bosses in the meta- events. It would have been alot neater to takes pieces to create a part of legendary weapon.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

prety sure we where promised new legendary skins at some point going back about a year ago
just like we where promised a way to craft/quest for precurssors ……….yeah still waiting

Actually it was in September of 2012 that they first said they were working on the precursor scavenger hunt. Interestingly enough the posts that talked about it mysteriously disappeared from the forum at some point.

A few months later they said nope, just kidding we’re not actually working on a scavenger hunt. But they did politely inform us that “we are monitoring the situation”. Whatever that means.

Then in the infamous Second Half of 2013 blog post that was in July they said they were working on it again. Which is funny because all the major stuff they talked about in that blog post, the stuff people were most interested in didn’t happen.

And here we are and it’s almost 2015. Anet sure does take their time.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

oh yeah they did work on a way to earn a precursor for the Asian market but not us even tho we have been promised it long before they even considered marketing the game to the Asian market
to me its like Anet don’t give a kitten about its existing player base but they will give away precursors to entice a new player base
face it guys Anet don’t care what you think, so long as you play you will always come last on there list of priority’s

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Yeah some new legendary weapons would be great right about now.

It’s been a long time coming.

Another question would be – how did so many “joke” legendary weapons make it into the game in the first place?

The Moot.
Quip.
The Dreamer.

How did these things even qualify for legendary status? They look and feel like a joke – completely out of theme with the game and simply experience breaking.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Another question would be – how did so many “joke” legendary weapons make it into the game in the first place?

The Moot.
Quip.
The Dreamer.

How did these things even qualify for legendary status? They look and feel like a joke – completely out of theme with the game and simply experience breaking.

I think they thought “for the funs!”!

But yeah, if you think about them they’re kinda experience breaking.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

LOL I don’t even have one yet.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

Must have been a typo.

this game is a typo :\
seriously, i’m lucky to have had absolutely no interest in legendaries.. i feel sorry for people who sunk time into them, but the sad truth is it was a failed game feature.. other weapons are starting to get flashier, and there is only so much arena net can do to make legendaries appealing.. this should have been foreseeable..

i’m reminded of my favorite anime, where at the end of a long confrontation, the hero chooses to destroy the prize rather than implement it.. the villain calls him foolish , but the hero explains it simply as the benefits in no way outshine the negative..

it’s sad, but there are so many things in this game that i see as a fools errand and wasted development.. i’m really hoping things will turn around soon

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: veliossi.4123

veliossi.4123

Must have been a typo.

seriously, i’m lucky to have had absolutely no interest in legendaries.. i feel sorry for people who sunk time into them, but the sad truth is it was a failed game feature.. other weapons are starting to get flashier, and there is only so much arena net can do to make legendaries appealing.. this should have been foreseeable..

i’m reminded of my favorite anime, where at the end of a long confrontation, the hero chooses to destroy the prize rather than implement it.. the villain calls him foolish , but the hero explains it simply as the benefits in no way outshine the negative..

it’s sad, but there are so many things in this game that i see as a fools errand and wasted development.. i’m really hoping things will turn around soon

New Legendary Weapons?

veliossi.4123

Talking about Fate/Zero? It’s my fav anime as well if you didn’t mean F/Z here’s a recommendation for you XD

New Legendary Weapons?

Valento.9852

There should be a Megaman shooting arms as a pistol option! Mega Blast yeah!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Why don’t we have a really small scepter that shouts ‘Hadoken!’ on auto attacks?
Or a war horn where every time you use a signet, it shows Colin’s face instead of the signet’s mark?

Cringey as you can get them!

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Why don’t we have a really small scepter that shouts ‘Hadoken!’ on auto attacks?
Or a war horn where every time you use a signet, it shows Colin’s face instead of the signet’s mark?

Cringey as you can get them!

Dear god, don’t give them any ideas!!!!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

New Legendary Weapons?

Valento.9852

I’d love more references to Castlevania series, such as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

New Legendary Weapons?

Xae Isareth.1364

^ no no no, we need a reference to Simon’s Quest.

So every 5 mins, the item would give you a 10 sec stun, and a huge textbox with nonsensical garbage would slowly scroll across your screen. It’s perfect.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I hope they add lege armor and trinkets before new weapons

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

That’s just hilarious.

- new legendaries
- precursor crafting
- ‘adding regularly new skills and traits’
- two-week release schedule

ROFL, no wonder the players run away form this game in hordes.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

So sad. There was so much hope when we read it back then.

New Legendary Weapons?

Xae Isareth.1364

That’s just hilarious.

- new legendaries
- precursor crafting

Well, we had ummm 2 healing skills and 1 new trait in each line since. That’s regular I guess, I think?

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

It’s funny derv intentionally avoided this thread.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

^ no no no, we need a reference to Simon’s Quest.

So every 5 mins, the item would give you a 10 sec stun, and a huge textbox with nonsensical garbage would slowly scroll across your screen. It’s perfect.

What a horrible night to have a preCURSor…

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

It’s funny derv intentionally avoided this thread.

That’s just normal on these forums :-P

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: xXZeroDeathXx.9408

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

Must have been a typo.

Yea, I myself have poured in around 700 g in 3 months trying to get a gs precursor but failed. I knew I should of just saved the gold but aye life is full of risks.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

I’m reminded of my favorite anime, where at the end of a long confrontation, the hero chooses to destroy the prize rather than implement it.. the villain calls him foolish , but the hero explains it simply as the benefits in no way outshine the negative..

Do watch unlimited blade works. The second route to fate stay night. Not a remake, as many mistake it for. Same studio that did F/Z.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Some new legendaries would be great.

New Legendary Weapons?

veliossi.4123

I’m reminded of my favorite anime, where at the end of a long confrontation, the hero chooses to destroy the prize rather than implement it.. the villain calls him foolish , but the hero explains it simply as the benefits in no way outshine the negative..

Do watch unlimited blade works. The second route to fate stay night. Not a remake, as many mistake it for. Same studio that did F/Z.

New Legendary Weapons?

veliossi.4123

It’s been too amazing, pre-ordered the blu ray already bye 300$.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

That’s just hilarious.

- new legendaries
- precursor crafting

Well, we had ummm 2 healing skills and 1 new trait in each line since. That’s regular I guess, I think?

You also forgot they added a new mini for us all, which comes 1 every 57,800 ToT bags.

I get the feeling you’re not excited! No idea why! Have you seen our new “Reaper of Souls” (!) dagger skin?? See attached (“WoW!.jpg”) – THE NEW LEGENDARY DAGGER!

Attachments:

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I personally hope they don’t add new legendaries, unless it’s for new weapon classes that get introduced. I believe one per weapon class is good (even though greatsword has more than one, but meh).

What I would like to see is the option to customize our legendaries to some degree to suit our character’s look or theme. For example, being able to change incinerator’s flame to a blue flame, or a wind blade, or even black flames, etc. Or changing Sunrise’s or Twilight’s sky reflections in the sword to other sky types related to day or night settings respectively, etc Being able to customize footfalls or auras (as well as turning them on or off) would be cool as well.

At least then even if two people have the same legendaries, they can still look different and you wouldn’t have to craft an entirely new legendary just to get a different look.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I think we should get new weapon types and legendary version of them, and new skins for current weapons.

There’s no reason why there shouldn’t be more choice in a game that’s all about aesthetics. Especially since some weapons have goofy skins that are incredibly tacky. I’d like to hear their reasoning on making those ones that way with no other options from the start.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i am the bone of my stave
i have withstood pain to fight dragon corruption
and crafted many ascendeds
yet, my hands will not hold legendaries
i pray to the spirits, unlimited cake-gun

i own the old fate/stay and bladeworks series.. and ordered a typemoon figurine
castlevania is great, spiked flail would be a great weapon.. probably more of a necromancer thing though, elementalist could use a bo-staff.. rockman’s blaster? i’ll take samus’ varia suit thnkuvrymuch

back in january it was still possible to grind out a legendary, but sadly i just don’t see it these days.. i have no trouble getting a reasonable amount of gold in this game either.. some people don’t like gear treadmill, but i enjoyed making my ascendeds.. if they work harder on balancing the professions i’d totally go for another round of that

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The Moot.
Quip.
The Dreamer.

Some of us enjoy them. Personally, the goofy ones are my favorite ones. I would love to have Quip more than anything, it’s my favorite legendary. Although I totally understand how people could hate them, I find them fun and amusing. Most people seem to love Eternity, Sunrise, Twilight and The Bifrost, but I find them all very plain and boring.. They’re just shiney with colourful footfalls, doesn’t interest me.. But Quip makes goofy noises and has a nice purple aura and The Dreamer shoots freaking ponies. Idk I find that better personally :P.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

nothing like getting killed by a flying unicorn with rainbows coming out its but :P

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Now they will take money for things that they promised us in 2013. I’m losing my faith in this game day by day.

Maybe time move on to Black Dessert..

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Now they will take money for things that they promised us in 2013. I’m losing my faith in this game day by day.

Yup, pretty sure I remember hearing that a new set of legendaries was coming soon like 2 years ago. No faith in this game or the devs anymore.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

New Legendary Weapons?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

you’re of course assuming that after they take your money they will actually provide you with those new legendaries…

It has already been downgraded from “new set of legendary weapons” to “a few new legendary weapons with more maybe coming later some point in the future”

I recently heard that we are only getting 3 new weapons at HoT launch now.

I suspect that it will be “we wanted to get the content out to you sooner so we have delayed the release of these weapons” in another month or so.

Then in 2018 we’ll get another blog post promising new weapons “really soon guys we swear”