New Ley line event

New Ley line event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Just wanna say, bravo Anet! a zerg style raid mechanics (sort of) is what players need. =)

New Ley line event

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m enjoying the events. =)

New Ley line event

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There’s certainly been some nice map camaraderie involved. I actually didn’t want to leave Timberline after that event because people were being so interesting in Map.

New Ley line event

Posted by: Mercure.5689

Mercure.5689

I wish I could say the same. =(

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the idea behind the new Ley Line event is a bad one. Granted, there was a desyncing problem which made it hard to CC the glowy running man (as he was far ahead of where he appeared to be on our screens), but I’m assuming that’ll be fixed. I’m also hoping they slow him down a tiny bit, because while I get the idea of making it challenging to catch him, he was a bit too fast for my liking.

My main issue however is not with any of the above. It’s the brightness which gets to me. The constant bombardment of bright lights is blinding and almost disorientating. Add to that the Ley Line distortions (or whatever you want to call them), and the event becomes a serious strain on the eyes – and I assume a living nightmare for anyone suffering from epilepsy. =/

I did the event for the first time today, finishing a bit over half an hour ago. My eyes still hurt from exposure to the dramatic lightshow. I wish I was making this up or just being overly dramatic, but I’m afraid I’m not. =/

Now, I’m entirely sure that there’ll be plenty people who have no issues whatsoever, but I’m not the only one who was complaining about it being a strain to the eyes during the event itself. I understand that the artists might feel the urge to make things shiny, but too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing.

Personally, I’d appreciate it if they toned down the brightness a bit, or even if they just gave an option to decrease it. Perhaps lowering the graphic settings might help, though I haven’t tried that yet. As it is though, I’m not sure I want to do the event again. Which is a shame, because it really does look like an interesting one. It’s just too harsh on the eyes for me. =(

New Ley line event

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Zerg events starting every 2 hours… have time to play when we want you to or gtfo…
GG, seems as if the guys @ Arena.Net have forgotten every lesson learned.
I hope that’s not what we can expect from LS3, the way LS2 was rolled out was perfect (instanced content available 24/7 to everyone as long as you managed to log in at least once within 2 weeks), but somehow I have a really bad feeling about it…

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

New Ley line event

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Zerg events starting every 2 hours… have time to play when we want you to or gtfo…
I hope that’s not what we can expect from LS3, the way LS2 was rolled out was perfect (instanced content available 24/7 to everyone as long as you managed to log in at least once within 2 weeks), but somehow I have a really bad feeling about it…

It happens every 2 hours. The events take 15-20 minutes. The events won’t disappear anytime soon, either; the older events from the past couple of months are all still there, too. It’s not as though Anet is only making the event a one-time thing; you have plenty of time to catch it.

New Ley line event

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

It happens every 2 hours. The events take 15-20 minutes. The events won’t disappear anytime soon, either; the older events from the past couple of months are all still there, too. It’s not as though Anet is only making the event a one-time thing; you have plenty of time to catch it.

2 hours is a long time. If your free time falls within those 2 hours (so between the events) you’re SOL.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

New Ley line event

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

2 hours is a long time. If your free time falls within those 2 hours (so between the events) you’re SOL.

Well, if you can’t find a way to set aside the 20 minutes for the events (which will occur at the same time, 20 minutes past the hour every 2 hours, 12 times a day for a number of weeks, most likely), then yeah, I guess you’re going to be SOL. Anet can’t schedule things to fit to every player’s schedule. People even missed out on certain LS2 episodes because they didn’t/couldn’t log in during the 2 weeks the episode was available for free.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

New Ley line event

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Those who want something bad enough find a way. Those who don’t want something bad enough find excuses.

~EW

New Ley line event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is me a lot of the time. My real-life is pretty chaotic so having 2 hours to play is pretty difficult, or even 20 minutes at a specific time that’s outside of my control. As a result I do things like world bosses relatively rarely and when I do it’s usually because I happen to be on the map when it starts.

But you know what? If I decide I want to do a specific one I can be there. Sure it takes some planning, but so does almost everything else I do. I don’t go swimming because I find myself passing the pool with my kit and an hour to kill, I make time to go. I do frequently help out with wildlife surveys because I happen to be around when a friend needs a hand but I also check what’s going on in my area regularly and put my name down for them.

It’s the same with GW2. If I know I want to do a world boss or these new events or something flexible but time consuming like a long dungeon path I make time to do it. Sometimes that’s as simple as doing the housework as soon as I get home so I have an evening free, sometimes it means scheduling other things to make a space.

It’s not ideal, it would be easier to just do it whenever. But it’s not impossible to make it work either.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

New Ley line event

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Just wanna say, bravo Anet! a zerg style raid mechanics (sort of) is what players need. =)

^^^This^^^

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

New Ley line event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

^^^This^^^

I can’t tell if this is sarcastic or not considering the amount of time people spent complaining that everything in this game came down to running around in a zerg.

There’s been a lot less of that since Season 2 started, but I’m not sure if that means people who missed it are now happy to see it back or people who were glad it was gone are annoyed that it’s back.

But I just did the event for the first time and I thought it was fun. A bit confusing but many helpful people explained what to do in map chat which made it a lot easier. We didn’t get the achievement for stopping it eating all the ley energy, but it is only the first day.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”