New Outfit coming to ONLY BL Chests!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Previewing and mousing over the placeholder outfit " [&CywAAAA=] " icon in the preview screen says “Found only in Black Lion Chests during specific times of the year.”.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

(edited by Nihevil.8024)

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

this just links to the Slayer’s outfit, which is currently on the Gemstore for 700 gems

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

If it’s a placeholder, why do you think the tool-tip as valid?

And if it is, what’s the problem? You don’t even know what it is yet, so why complain that it’s only in BL chests during certain dates?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Kodiak.4213

Easy…guy. No need to jump on me for misreading…what a shining example of the community.

To get back on track, it wouldn’t surprise me if Anet started doing something like this. They’ve overhauled the black lion chests many times in the past. Maybe they’re finally hearing the community’s cries for obtaining outfits that have been “phased out”. For example, bringing back the Winter Solstice armor during the upcoming Wintersday, and giving players a chance to pull it out of the chest.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Easy…guy. No need to jump on me for misreading…what a shining example of the community.

To get back on track, it wouldn’t surprise me if Anet started doing something like this. They’ve overhauled the black lion chests many times in the past. Maybe they’re finally hearing the community’s cries for obtaining outfits that have been “phased out”. For example, bringing back the Winter Solstice armor during the upcoming Wintersday, and giving players a chance to pull it out of the chest.

he’s not your guy, friend.

Kodiak.4213

he’s not your guy, friend.

I’m not your friend, pal.

:D

Posted by: Indigent.4069

Indigent.4069

I’m not your friend, pal.

:D

Hey pal, don’t talk to my friend like that. Okay buddy?

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

And if it is, what’s the problem? You don’t even know what it is yet, so why complain that it’s only in BL chests during certain dates?

Considering they just put a glider(Halloween Glider) in the Black Lion Chest, and now this description of placeholder outfit. I believe they are going to actually start doing this with more gliders and now outfits.

That’s not the point, it’s only going to be INSIDE Black Lion Chests during certain dates, which is the problem. You won’t be able to buy it outright from the gem store.

People will have to spend 2x, 3x, even 4x+ amount of money/gold on keys just to get the outfit than they would just buying it outright for whatever price on the gemstore. There was someone claiming their girlfriend spent over $100 on keys just to get the new ghost glider from the Black Lion chest and didn’t get it a week ago on the forums.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

(edited by Nihevil.8024)

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

So what you’re telling me is I should save my BLK and tomes of knowledge each week. Gotcha.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Half these comments so far are filled with bad community people not responding to the original question. If you’re going to make synde remarks do it someplace else please. I’m looking for information not hate.

I noticed the Raiment outfit is only part of the Doom prep pack.

I just need the hooves for my krampus cosplay

nor do i like the idea of not being to be able to buy outfit,s outright anymore.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

No clue what you’re talking about — I wasn’t even addressing your post.

Half these comments so far are filled with bad community people not responding to the original question. If you’re going to make synde remarks do it someplace else please. I’m looking for information not hate.

My response was a set of questions in order to clarify the original post (which is not even your post). Nothing snide, and definitely no hate.

If anything the concern seems premature given that the information is not complete.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Considering they just put a glider(Halloween Glider) in the Black Lion Chest, and now this description of placeholder outfit. I believe they are going to actually start doing this with more gliders and now outfits.

That’s not the point, it’s only going to be INSIDE Black Lion Chests during certain dates, which is the problem. You won’t be able to buy it outright from the gem store.

People will have to spend 2x, 3x, even 4x+ amount of money/gold on keys just to get the outfit than they would just buying it outright for whatever price on the gemstore. There was someone claiming their girlfriend spent over $100 on keys just to get the new ghost glider from the Black Lion chest and didn’t get it a week ago on the forums.

I would never use BL chests to get a specific item, just like I don’t use the Mystic Toilet for that purpose. Gambling was introduced by a certain sector of MMO and I deplore it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Introducing items that can only be gotten by gambling is deplorable, predatory. I’d hoped Anet was above that. What an awful direction to take.

Kodiak.4213

No clue what you’re talking about — I wasn’t even addressing your post.

sorry, I think we posted at the same time. My statement was not directed at you,

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I imagine ANet will introduce all new gliders/outfits in Black Lion Chests going forward depending on product test/consumer feedback. Then after a period of time, release them on gemstore as normal. And then many moons later, introduce as part of a gemstore sale in “bundles” (more gems but packaged to have perceived value prop). You’ll have a “fire sale” like during anniversary date timing without bundles. And then finally, ANet will likely put them back into the Black Lion Chests but then allow them to be sellable on TP (~18-24 months later)…depends on what gem/gold rates are at.

This seems like basic 101 stuff to me to maximize lifetime digital product value but what do I know.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m extremely disappointed by this. First a glider and a mini pet, now an outfit. I wonder what else we’ll see exclusive to Black Lion Chests in future.

It’s an extremely blatant attempt to push players who would not normally choose to gamble into spending far more than they would for a direct sale in the hope that they’ll get the items they want. And more than likely they’ll end up disappointed.

I know it works, at least in the short term, in other games but I really hoped they’d avoid it here. I didn’t particularly like Black Lion Chests as they were, but at least you could avoid the whole mess by buying items you wanted directly. Now that choice is taken away from us in the hope that some people will over-spend.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Keep in mind that the “Placeholder Outfit” is data mined. Even the tool tip may not be accurately attached or written or ever coming to the game. You may wish to stop this thread before mods take issue with your discussing prospective data mined content (which they will no matter how benign or helpful your intentions) and start another one on the merits of skins only available via cash-bought RNG boxes. Or join the thread on the glider to address this bigger issue.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

There have been exclusive BLC skins for years. Most of them weren’t account bound though. Having them account bound is annoying for people who want them as well as for people who pull one from a chest and don’t want them. Lose-lose.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)