New Party Icon Colors

New Party Icon Colors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The new yellow dot colors for party icons on the minimap is very hard to see and track, yellow is constantly being lost in the color of terrain, blue or red is a better option. Also if your not in map range party members dots disappear whereas in the past it would still appear on the edge of the minimap. I am constantly losing track of party members especially in wvw where this can be incredibly frustrating.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

Strange, it’s sometimes blue and sometimes yellow for me. How does this even work?

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

Supposedly yellow dots are those that are also in your guild.

I wouldnt like to have red dots, as someone with a colour defficiency, I find the red things hard to see (eg red commander tag)

But i do have a gripe about not seeing the party member dots on the edges of the minimap anymore.

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

the yellow party dots are a bug. Your party is supposed to be blue and supposedly the yellow dots are going to be guild members on the map that are NOT in your party.

EDIT: here’s the link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guild-Party-Map-Icon-Possible-Bug-Oversight/first#post5582010

(edited by khani.4786)

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I wouldnt like to have red dots, as someone with a colour defficiency, I find the red things hard to see (eg red commander tag)

But i do have a gripe about not seeing the party member dots on the edges of the minimap anymore.

Yeah, why dont we see the dots on the edges of minimap anymore. Our guild is usually on our home borderland defending and we party up just to see where one other is. This is no longer possible, also when people in party go down the dot just vanish. Gone.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Yellow dots look like they were made in MS paint.

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

That means the problem can be resolved simply by kicking everyone in your guild.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Tracy.2865

Tracy.2865

Has anyone’s mini map also started showing party members as a yellow dot instead of a blue dot? I know color difference isn’t that big of a deal, I just prefer blue as easier to see.

BUT what’s bothering me is that the yellow dot is only visible if the party member is in the same area as I am on the mini map, meaning I can’t go find them by just heading in the direction their dot is in on the side of the mini map.

Is this a new thing or is there a way to fix it that I’m not doing?

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think it’s tied to the upcoming change where we will see guild members on the map. Right now it’s a bug.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I think it’s just a guild member who’s also in party? Maybe even if they’re not presently repping?

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

Yes, if they are in your guild and in your party, they are yellow, otherwise party members are blue. It is a bit buggy right now

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Bolita.2071

Bolita.2071

I’m finding not being able to see party members on the edges of my map to be a bit of a problem, too, especially on the new maps. Opening and having to search to find even where my nearby party members are has led to some near deaths from mobs. I’m also finding it a bit harder to see their dots through the layers of maps in the new maps.

I do like the guild yellow dots on the maps, though with of the occasional blue dot/yellow dot randomness for party members of the same guild, I found that the friend I usually play with has to rep a different guild to make sure we get a blue dot. Hopefully that gets ironed out because we would really like to rep the same guild when we run together.

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Also if your not in map range party members dots disappear whereas in the past it would still appear on the edge of the minimap. I am constantly losing track of party members especially in wvw where this can be incredibly frustrating.

Yeah, I’m finding this incredibly annoying to explore with, especially in the fun new combat camera mode where I have to constantly toggle it on and off to readjust the minimap zoom. Please change it back if possible.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I agree. Please, Devs, put party members, at least, back on the edge of the map when out of range, just like Mentors, personal waypoints, and other information.

New Party Icon Colors

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Yellow dots look like they were made in MS paint.

This! Yes they do!

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..