New Player, so excited!

New Player, so excited!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jonnyrok.2876

Jonnyrok.2876

Been playing wow for 7 years, and just purchased gw2 deluxe. Im so excited to start playing. Wow community just isnt there no more, majority are rude, selfish ill mannered player base . Glad I decided to swap up.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: ABrooke.7129

ABrooke.7129

Welcome to GW2!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

Welcome to Tyria (GW2)!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Welcome on and enjoy the ride.

JQ Druid

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Welcome to Tyria! Ignore the trolls and find out for yourself how much you enjoy this game. =) The forums here aren’t much different than any other games, filled with dissatisfied people and the like. I hope you find what you are looking for in an MMO with GW2, its a blast!

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Been playing wow for 7 years, and just purchased gw2 deluxe. Im so excited to start playing. Wow community just isnt there no more, majority are rude, selfish ill mannered player base . Glad I decided to swap up.

Welcome to Guild Wars 2, Jonnyrok. I think you will really love the game, and I agree, the community is exceptional. Sure, as someone mentioned, you might come across the occasional person who behaves offensively. If on the forums, just hit the little flag in the lower right and we’ll take a look at the post. If in the game, click the player (to select him/her) then right-click the image of the player at the top of your screen and you’ll see the option to use “report.” Choose a reason and a CS Agent will give what happened a review and take whatever action is needed. It doesn’t happen often, but if it does, we’d like the chance to make this even better.

Basically, it’s a beautiful game in an amazing world with some pretty darn nice people living there.

Wishing you all the best in Tyria!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Lauree Akhtar.3205

Previous

Lauree Akhtar.3205

Producer

Next

Hi and welcome!! I was a new player just under a year ago myself, and really appreciated how much less toxic the community was in comparison to some other MMOs. The community is, overall, super collaborative and chill. Hope you enjoy yourself out there, and see you in game~

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Cyanchiv.2583

Cyanchiv.2583

Welcome to Guild Wars 2! If you’re looking for a better community then this game has one of the best in my experience. If you’re looking for any information or have any questions, or just want someone to game with for a time feel free to message me or friend me in game. Have a great time!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Kveldulf.7605

Kveldulf.7605

Welcome to Guild Wars 2, Jonnyrok. I think you will really love the game, and I agree, the community is exceptional. Sure, you’ll come across the occasional nay-sayer, and if on the forums, just hit the little flag in the lower right and we’ll take a look at the post. If in the game, click the player (to select him/her) then right-click the image of the player at the top of your screen and you’ll see the option to use “report.” Choose a reason and a CS Agent will give what happened a review and take whatever action is needed.

Basically, it’s a beautiful game in an amazing world with some pretty darn nice people living there.

It kinda tells enough storys that you welcome a new player in the same post you show him how to report others xD

Anyways…
Welcome and enjoy your stay with us!

Kveldulf Frost – Thief (Charr)
Wlaadas Frost – Warrior (Charr) Torlic Frost – Guardian (Norn)
http://amalthea-gw2.de

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Jonnyrok.2876

Jonnyrok.2876

Thank you so much!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Bit late for me, but welcome to the game. You’ll find this game is very different from the one you’ve left.

Hope you have a great time here!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Welcome to Tyria!

You may find the Wiki and/or the Releases pages/sites informative. Both can be accessed at the top of this page, as well as other interesting and helpful resources.

Best of luck, and happy adventuring. =)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: VangaurdXL.4601

VangaurdXL.4601

I’m right there with you. Someone got me GW2 Deluxe two weeks ago as a gift. I’ve been playing MMOs since Everquest, and this one? This one is it. Absolutely love it. From the mechanics (elementalists with daggers kicking butt, Memser Greatsword Gundam Cannons, Engis with All The Flamethrower, etc), to the little, tiny things, like the characters standing differently depending on incline/steps.

You’ll love it here.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Welcome to Guild Wars 2, Jonnyrok. I think you will really love the game, and I agree, the community is exceptional. Sure, you’ll come across the occasional nay-sayer, and if on the forums, just hit the little flag in the lower right and we’ll take a look at the post. If in the game, click the player (to select him/her) then right-click the image of the player at the top of your screen and you’ll see the option to use “report.” Choose a reason and a CS Agent will give what happened a review and take whatever action is needed.

It kinda tells enough storys that you welcome a new player in the same post you show him how to report others xD

Anyways…
Welcome and enjoy your stay with us!

i don’t see what you are getting at…

BTW Welcome! Even though I am late to this thread!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

One word of warning, no other MMORPG will suffice after this. They all will lack something.
This is a Point of No Return.

Anyway Welcome!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

One word of warning, no other MMORPG will suffice after this. They all will lack something.

Anyway Welcome!

This is True… GW2 ruined other MMORPGS for me.
xD Let’s hope other MMO’s can catch up to ArenaNet’s quality games.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Anyway Welcome!

I see what you did there. ~thumbs up!~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

If on the forums, just hit the little flag in the lower right and we’ll take a look at the post.

Aww, and here I have been using it to claim people as personal possessions.

Welcome OP. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up in game.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Anyway Welcome!

. . . unfortunately, I had this experience. I tried a few free-trial MMOs and while one of them I really enjoyed a lot? I just was missing way too many things ArenaNet did with the design of GW2 that I wound up fading out of it. I mean to return. Um, eventually. Wow, if I ever feel like subscribing to it . . .

There’s just too much in GW2 which . . . just is more fun, less work. As much as I don’t necessarily like the “Grand Tour of World Bosses” basically being an effort-free lootstravaganza . . . it’s definitely more fun for me to sink into after work. Or late at night when there seem to always be people around rather than . . . well, dead air.

The only game I miss/missed more than GW2 when I took time off was Ultima Online. (OF course five minutes back in Brittania disabused me of that longing . . . with some nice Corp Por to the face and a run to the healers.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: MassIneffective.2364

MassIneffective.2364

While I did enjoy this game on release, and still do to a certain extent…I was a die-hard fan of the original and this game just didn’t resonate with me like GW1 did. Granted, ANet wanted to expand their player base beyond the theorycrafters and build wizards that populated the original (it was very heavily based on build synergy, and people that didn’t grind out the optimal builds were often shunted out of the winner’s circle).

That being said, it’s very easy to get going in the new Tyria. The living story is fairly immersive, and I still enjoy the story behind my Sylvari Guardian. I’m still hoping for a story arc that takes us back to the Crystal Desert to push out Palawa Joko and hopefully reunite with some of the remaining humans in Elona.

Just a few points of comparison:
WoW |—————| GW2
______Immersion___ x Guild Wars has always had better immersion, imo.
_______Combat____x The combat system is much better.
__x_____ PvE________ PvE endgame has some gaps and isn’t very challenging.
________ PvP_______x Open-world PvP at its finest.

(edited by MassIneffective.2364)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Anyway Welcome!

. . . unfortunately, I had this experience. I tried a few free-trial MMOs and while one of them I really enjoyed a lot? I just was missing way too many things ArenaNet did with the design of GW2 that I wound up fading out of it. I mean to return. Um, eventually. Wow, if I ever feel like subscribing to it . . .

There’s just too much in GW2 which . . . just is more fun, less work. As much as I don’t necessarily like the “Grand Tour of World Bosses” basically being an effort-free lootstravaganza . . . it’s definitely more fun for me to sink into after work. Or late at night when there seem to always be people around rather than . . . well, dead air.

The only game I miss/missed more than GW2 when I took time off was Ultima Online. (OF course five minutes back in Brittania disabused me of that longing . . . with some nice Corp Por to the face and a run to the healers.)

Have similar feelings, playing one game right now that is really quite inferior to this one. I hope GW2 lasts for many years to come. No other game is doing what GW2 is doing for better or worse (for me, better, for some, perhaps worse.) Just logged off that game to play this instead.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Have similar feelings, playing one game right now that is really quite inferior to this one. I hope GW2 lasts for many years to come. No other game is doing what GW2 is doing for better or worse (for me, better, for some, perhaps worse.) Just logged off that game to play this instead.

Thing is, the one I am thinking of going back to? It’s not inferior, it’s crafted rather well and everything fits . . . but things are just missing which make it less fun to play as a new player in that game as opposed to someone having been there from the start and hit end-game.

I think part of it is just how GW2 has it as an actual viable option to run around the open world without four more people at your back and be able to do things. Other MMOs I tried didn’t have that feeling, they had a white-knuckle “oh god please let me sneak through to that resource node” feeling. It had a feeling of “don’t go off the beaten path lest you get killed”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

As a new player myself (relatively, been around a few months now and still learning the ins and outs) I have absolutely no regrets with regards to my investment in GW2. The community is probably the friendliest I’ve ever seen (bar some pvp elitist ragers and one or two forum members, but that happens everywhere) and the game is engaging enough to be played for hours on end, on top of casual enough to just log in and bugger about if you want.

The best part about pve in GW2 is that reaching cap level isn’t a horrifically boring grind. It can be done casually (real world casually, not WoW’s definition of casual) in a few weeks and you can go at your own pace due to the awesome scaled exp system (the game scales your level down in pve relative to the zone you’re in, granting you exp appropriate for your actual level when participating in events)

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

(edited by rapthorne.7345)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

getting into GW2 is like switching to SSD after years of using regular HDD. there is no turning back !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

GW2 is by far the most polished game, with the nicest community and Arenanet does a great job communicating with the players. I recently tried out Archage for a change……..the community there is soo Toxic and the publishers/developers have almost no connection to the players. Made me appreciate GW2 and its team a whole lot more than before.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Welcome to the best game ever :-)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

One time while playing WoW, I simply said hi to another player running around and all that player did was type in sigh. Pfft, ok. I logged out, went onto Guild Wars and didn’t have a problem with anyone wanting to join a group to do a mission. Now tonight while on GW2, a player said hi and I said hi back followed by probably 6 other players saying hi.

So, welcome to the best MMO game Guild Wars 2 and to the world of Tyria! Hope you have a blast and great experience like me.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

Welcome to Guild Wars 2 ! : )

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

wow thats really show respect how fast devs welcome player 0o

New Player, so excited!

Vayne.8563

As a new player myself (relatively, been around a few months now and still learning the ins and outs) I have absolutely no regrets with regards to my investment in GW2. The community is probably the friendliest I’ve ever seen (bar some pvp elitist ragers and one or two forum members, but that happens everywhere) and the game is engaging enough to be played for hours on end, on top of casual enough to just log in and bugger about if you want.

The best part about pve in GW2 is that reaching cap level isn’t a horrifically boring grind. It can be done casually (real world casually, not WoW’s definition of casual) in a few weeks and you can go at your own pace due to the awesome scaled exp system (the game scales your level down in pve relative to the zone you’re in, granting you exp appropriate for your actual level when participating in events)

Yeah I know what you mean. Some guy from the forums even messaged me in game and blocked me when I disagreed with him. It was clear he didn’t understand a word I said. It’s funny how people get aggressive because you don’t agree with their opinions.

But over all, yeah the community is pretty good.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

Yeah I know what you mean. Some guy from the forums even messaged me in game and blocked me when I disagreed with him. It was clear he didn’t understand a word I said. It’s funny how people get aggressive because you don’t agree with their expert opinions.

I had a guy from the forums too who messaged me in game who apparently adds “fan boys” to his list. I wonder if its the same guy? Huh. Either way, I don’t care I’m just playing a game and having fun is all.

New Player, so excited!

Vayne.8563

Yeah I know what you mean. Some guy from the forums even messaged me in game and blocked me when I disagreed with him. It was clear he didn’t understand a word I said. It’s funny how people get aggressive because you don’t agree with their expert opinions.

I had a guy from the forums too who messaged me in game who apparently adds “fan boys” to his list. I wonder if its the same guy? Huh. Either way, I don’t care I’m just playing a game and having fun is all.

LMAO! That’s funny as hell. You know, I’m sure the guy’s not a bad guy or anything. He probably just feels strongly about what he feels strongly about. But yeah, what can you do?

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

ANet ruined all the games for me hahah, GW2 quality is overall much higher than most MMOs on the market!

OP, welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I am enjoying (even since headstart)!

PS.: During launch a lot of people complained about content, but kittenit, there are so many things to do now! I haven’t even caught up on story / area achievements from past episodes yet. Q.Q

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Qiraa.4130

Qiraa.4130

So quick to respond to new players, i see what you did Anet

Qiraa Kasapi of UNTY, Aurora Glade

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Kveldulf.7605

Kveldulf.7605

So quick to respond to new players, i see what you did Anet

They did a great job on this game…this is what they did.
Sure it has its flaws, but still…one of the best games ever!

Kveldulf Frost – Thief (Charr)
Wlaadas Frost – Warrior (Charr) Torlic Frost – Guardian (Norn)
http://amalthea-gw2.de

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Welcome to gw2.

I’m the dark side of the community they are all talking about, I’m here as an exemple.
do things evily

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Welcome to the party!

GW2 is a great game that teaches poorly how to play it (though it got better since september). Make sure you integrate a newbie friendly guild to guide you through the arcanes of the game. You’ll then see the amazing potential of GW2.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: eugenstash.8610

eugenstash.8610

Welcome!

Been playing for roughly 3 weeks and I’m having a blast. My journey has been amazing and I’ve no doubt yours will be too. Great community here I’ve noticed. Find yourself a guild and go crazy!!!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Welcome to Guild Wars 2.

The first thing you must do is forget all your WoW terminology.
A “necromancer” is a “profession”, not a “class”.
What you play as is a “character”, not a “toon”.

Also, there are no quests. Explore the world and have a good time leveling. Don’t rush it.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: CatharticOxymoron.9815

CatharticOxymoron.9815

I originally came from WoW too and this game is better by ten fold. My advice would be to always finish your dailies, dont spend laurels until you’re level 80 (!!) and to not worry about rushing to the max level. Most of all though, enjoy yourself!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Ironbloom.5804

Ironbloom.5804

As an hardcore raider from wow, I don’t know if you are or not but get over your false feeling of accomplishing something when grinding raid over, over and over just for an item that will make you do more dps, heal or tankier. That only last for 6 months because the patch will come. Guild wars 2 changed everything, read , learn and enjoy the content ( that is what I am doing at this moment ). If you think about blizzard , it is just like someone holding a carrot on a stick since 10 years.

(edited by Ironbloom.5804)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Mahlatte.4971

Mahlatte.4971

Welcome to the fold

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Kirkkis.8270

Kirkkis.8270

Welcome to Tyria! I also came from WoW and you will feel this a much refreshing experience. The community is nothing like WoW and the game has so much love and dedication put into it, you can feel it as you play. I hope you enjoy your time here.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Noss.7413

Noss.7413

I just bought the game I’m super bored of wow, and WOD seems boring. I’m so ready to take on a brand new world

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Niteraven.1372

Niteraven.1372

To me, as mostly a solo player, there is a lot more choice as to where to go at 80 than there ever really was in WOW. It was all about raids there, but here you have fractals, the mists, multiple zones and open world content. For now, though, just sit back and have fun. It will all come to you eventually. The thing I like BEST is we all work TOGETHER. No more fighting for nodes or tagging mobs. Everybody gets an equal chance. Welcome.

“When I was your age, progeny, we used 20 sided dice.. and we LIKED it!!!” ~~ Berddi

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Noss.7413

Noss.7413

I can’t wait till it gets done downloading.

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Evian.8741

Evian.8741

Welcome to GW2! If you ever have any questions or need help with a mission, please feel free to PM me.

:)

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Jonny and Noss…..welcome to Tyria !!!

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Welcome to GW2 new players.

One thing I like about GW2 which unfortunately confuses some people is how much freedom you have in setting up your own goals. Getting to max level doesn’t have to be a boring grind and the end game doesn’t have to be one either.

There is no gear treadmill. The second best gear (Exotic) is great to use for almost all content. The best gear (Ascended) is only necessary at higher levels of the Fractals dungeon which you are never forced to do. In fact, that gear was mostly put in there as another thing people can work toward. Instead of going for best gear, you can go for a Legendary weapon, work on getting titles or achievements, fill up your wardrobe, collect minis, etc.

Players run dungeons, kill world bosses, kill each other in PvP and WvW (large scale PvP), explore the world, tackle missions with their guild, do jump puzzles, and go through the story. It’s refreshing to log into the game and say, “Today I want to do this.” Don’t be one of those people who reach max level then quit and complain gw2 haz no engame cuz no raids. lol

That said, the devs are looking into implementing raids. If they do, you can be assured it won’t come with a gear treadmill like in other MMOS. =)

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

New Player, so excited!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Hopefully you won’t have to wait another year to try SAB.