New Quest System

New Quest System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maraca Kabob.3564

Maraca Kabob.3564

Ok i know it’ll sound funny and lots of you will tell me to gtfo
I don’t plan on anyone actually taking this seriously but here it goes.

Kind of bored with the way “Quests” or “Hearts” go on this game, it’s essentially just kill “x” amount of “y”. What if they implemented a different type of questing system alongside these Hearts? They wouldn’t have to remove any of the game’s features or anything. Just seperate quests.
And I’m talking about a questing system similar to dare i say RuneScape

Say what you wanna say about the game, i know the combat in that game was a joke. But nonetheless i enjoyed my time spent on that game all the way from level 3 to 100. What if GW2 had a questing system similar to that? like detailed & long quests that took weeks of preparation and patience with lots of story. It had you do lots of different things like talking to many different NPC’s, solving puzzles or having many different objectives instead of just mashing 1,2,3,4 and 5 on your keyboard.
IMHO i think Runescape’s questing system pretty much blows everything out of the water.

I’ve been a diehard fan of Guild Wars 1 and 2 i just dont get the sense of involvement in GW2 as i did in Guild Wars 1 or Runescape.
thanks for all of your opinions

(edited by Maraca Kabob.3564)

New Quest System

Posted by: Tapioca.7321

Tapioca.7321

Bumpity.

This summarizes the only thing I dont like about this game, and why aren’t there more posts like this? I’m not saying that gw2’s system isn’t great— it is, but even the story quests are limited to cutscenes and killing. More puzzle-oriented quests (that are not jumping puzzles) would be really awesome.

New Quest System

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

New Quest System

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

nawh, the dodge thread.. i don’t have a problem with any of the content in the game, just that there is no delivery system for people who do not feel like personal story/ making 50 alts and wandering around tyria 23 hours a day..

this thread seems to be more about wanting more in-depth content.. i never played runescape, so i don’t know.. would the quests be like crafting mawdry? but with more story and npc involvement.. i honestly don’t think arena net has the capacity to deliver new complex quest-lines unless they were packaged in with an expansion/ or living story..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish