New Sentinel Outfit

New Sentinel Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Dear Anet,

Birds for shoulder pads? Seriously? Listen, the ONLY awesome outfit was the Halloween one with the flaming skull and chest (not mad king, although that was cool too).

PLEASE make some bad kitten looking outfits that make me look evil! Stop with the skirts, flowers, and birds!

I also recommend that you study SWTOR’s cartel market. Look at the hundreds of armor sets that can be bought! Get your artists to work on more armor sets and/or outfits please.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

or they could make skins so people can replace parts they dont like…

Attachments:

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am loving the Sentinel. I spent some time today picking dye schemes for alts that would wear it, before I got distracted by guild missions. I can’t stand flaming skulls.

I do find Sentinel shoulders a bit big, but the design is something I can imagine being a real suit of armor. Also, birds that big? Would you want them pecking your face? They can be plenty “evil” just add black dyes and red flames if that color says “evil” to you — though given how green is the color of evil things in Tyria I think that’s the more bad-a color in lore

So tastes vary.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Honestly, the Sentinel outfit looks more evil than good. Just because you have birds, doesn’t make those birds doves.

And the whole ‘blackened face with glowing eyes’ speaks volumes. Though it does make me think that the outfit was basically a combination attempt of Balthazar’s and Dwayna’s.

though given how green is the color of evil things in Tyria I think that’s the more bad-a color in lore

Purple is the ‘official’ color of evil in GW – so sayeth Jeff Grubb back in 2010 or some such when we got the first Shatterer demo – folks were wondering if the shared connection to purple meant a tie between Abaddon and Kralkatorrik, Jeff responded with “purple is the color of evil in Tyria so a lot of evil things will take on purple hues” – as an aside, there’s a lot of purple within the vines of Mordremoth and even spotted in southern Cursed Shore and Arah.

Green is just the color of necromancy and death.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

Birds on the hands, knees, crotch, chest, and face? perfectly fine. On the shoulders? nah, man, that’s too much!

New Sentinel Outfit

Donari.5237

I stand corrected on the color. And pleased, as my guild’s co founder (ICly co founder, actually the sole founder) is all about purple and Donari is all about green, those two being the guild colors. I shall taunt him.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Serale.9314

Serale.9314

I like the new outfit, wearing it now for my warrior main, without the helmet equipped because my character is the opposite of evil and it still looks good.

But I do agree they need to put in more bad-kitten armor. So I get to buy them all. :P

Serale Everstar – Condition Warrior Forever!

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Seems to aimed at females all the time, at least that’s how it appears.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Seems to aimed at females all the time, at least that’s how it appears.

Yup. I just want some classic Gothic, dark, evil looking gear/outfits. Look at the nasty evil looking gear in Shadow of Mordor as inspiration.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

What bothers me about it most is how little it seems to have to do with Charr or their vigilance over the Brand… and the helm doesn’t even properly fit Charr anatomy. Why the hell are the Sentinels making armor that doesn’t even fit them?

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I get kind of a white mantle mursaat vibe from it with the helm at least

New Sentinel Outfit

Serale.9314

There you go. Evil bird.

Attachments:

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

There you go. Evil bird.

What dye combo is that, the red really sticks out? I’m using Shadow Abyss, and an Enamaled Light Blue but that blue dye does not pop, I was trying to get it to work with my Spectral GS to make a Tyrian version of WoWs Lich King.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Helmet looks wonderful, that breastplate and tabard has me like “daaaayum, lookin’ fine”
Even boots are kinda nice… yet those shoulders and gauntlets are a massive turn-off for me.
I’d definitely buy this outfit if we could do some fashion wars and change certain parts to our liking.
They did it with phalanx, why not with other pieces? At least let change shoulders, helmet and gauntlets.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

The outfit looks nice, but i figured i have wasted a lot of gems bought multiple outfit that i wont ever use because no mix and match. Great job, but i will skip.

New Sentinel Outfit

Serale.9314

What dye combo is that, the red really sticks out? I’m using Shadow Abyss, and an Enamaled Light Blue but that blue dye does not pop, I was trying to get it to work with my Spectral GS to make a Tyrian version of WoWs Lich King.

Midnight Fire (top left), Midnight Fire (top right), Autumn (bottom left), Sunset (bottom right)

You mean blue dye for the flames? Try Stream from the Starter Set

New Sentinel Outfit

Oldirtbeard.9834

Midnight Fire (top left), Midnight Fire (top right), Autumn (bottom left), Sunset (bottom right)

Ha! and here I am plugging in all these fancy pants dyes! I will try that.

New Sentinel Outfit

Oldirtbeard.9834

3 Channels Shadow Abyss, 1 channel Winter Frost

Attachments:

New Sentinel Outfit

Oldirtbeard.9834

3 Channels Shadow Abyss, 1 channel Winter Frost

Attachments:

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

SWTORs modeling and animation is incredibly basic compared to GW2s, that is not even a remotely fair comparison.

New Sentinel Outfit

Oldirtbeard.9834

Here’s a new Combo

Attachments:

New Sentinel Outfit

Oldirtbeard.9834

Attachments:

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Very nice. I used Shadow Violet for the armor and Electro Purple for the flames for my female Charr warrior.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Dear Anet,

Birds for shoulder pads? Seriously? Listen, the ONLY awesome outfit was the Halloween one with the flaming skull and chest (not mad king, although that was cool too).

PLEASE make some bad kitten looking outfits that make me look evil! Stop with the skirts, flowers, and birds!

I also recommend that you study SWTOR’s cartel market. Look at the hundreds of armor sets that can be bought! Get your artists to work on more armor sets and/or outfits please.

You’re right. Anet, please change the birds on the shoulders to a gun beer-can volcano car

New Sentinel Outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

They put this new outfit on at least one NPC, interestingly (or oddly) enough.

(Comment: not my picture. NPC found by someone else)

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

New Sentinel Outfit

Sartharina.3542

Yes, it’s the new uniform for the Sentinels, as implied by the name.

New Sentinel Outfit

Donari.5237

If it was made for Charr Sentinels, why on earth does it dock charr horns? I’ve been using it while leveling my charr revenant and it’s a work of art except for losing his forward curving horns.

I really love how they set up the dye channels and made the armor fit everyone so well. Horn loss is the only bad thing about this outfit for me.

New Sentinel Outfit

Sartharina.3542

If it was made for Charr Sentinels, why on earth does it dock charr horns? I’ve been using it while leveling my charr revenant and it’s a work of art except for losing his forward curving horns.

I really love how they set up the dye channels and made the armor fit everyone so well. Horn loss is the only bad thing about this outfit for me.

… and it mangle’s the charr’s face, and doesn’t properly fit. I have to hide the helmet on all my charr characters if I put them in that outfit because of how badly the helmet fits on them.

New Sentinel Outfit

Donari.5237

Well, it helps that my charr rev is brand new. I’m not settled into his looks yet, haven’t RP’d him thus far, and I did do a fairly long narrow muzzle as male charr faces go. So that part I can deal with. Heck, took me a while to realize his horns were gone (I don’t care about the ears, those can be flattened inside the helm and that makes more defensive sense anyway).

Now that you mention it the helm does fit as if the face inside is much smaller. At least it doesn’t clip?

New Sentinel Outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes, it’s the new uniform for the Sentinels, as implied by the name.

Interesting. Does Queen Jenna’s Royal Guard wear the Royal Guard outfit also?

ANet may give it to you.

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I’ve seen Charr Sentinels without the new costume too, which i thought was a tad weird..

Maybe theirs hasn’t been issued yet?

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: Duckie.7241

Duckie.7241

I like it on my Asuran!

New Sentinel Outfit

Posted by: DeferentUrchin.7064

DeferentUrchin.7064

What’s also kinda cool is they added the armour set onto various Charr mobs around Blazeridge Steppes, to make it properly fit alongside their lore.