New Sets of Cultural armor All Races

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KazeFury.1459

KazeFury.1459

As you read in the title i want to see if i am the only one who thinks that maybe it is not a bad idea if ANET makes some new Sets of cultural armor for all races.
Not that there isn’t enough of an armor variety, no not at all, BUT i think that cultural armor has a lot of great ways still to go if someone with artistic skills decides to make some new sets for all. There sure is A LOT of fan art of SO many cool armors for all races.
I just think that maybe a lot of people will be happy to see new more HoT related cultural armor for their classes (based on elite specs or something like that)
Anyhow… just wondering about it

What do you guys think?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The problem is that Anet already has a lot of trouble releasing a single armor set, so asking them to release 5 of them, only to make each of them available to a restricted amount of players, is not a good idea.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Practically everyone would like to see new armor sets. Currently, ANet says it takes them 8-9 months to release a full set of armor that’s similar across races, so we’d have to assume 12+ months for armor that’s distinct for each race. The community is already impatient at the pace of new armors; I can imagine we’d put up with additional delays.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Practically everyone would like to see new armor sets. Currently, ANet says it takes them 8-9 months to release a full set of armor that’s similar across races, so we’d have to assume 12+ months for armor that’s distinct for each race. The community is already impatient at the pace of new armors; I can imagine we’d put up with additional delays.

Yeah .. thats why they started to develop the game 1960 already because else they
could have never provided us all the armor sets that were in the game at release
and those we got in the first year after relase.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Yeah .. thats why they started to develop the game 1960 already because else they
could have never provided us all the armor sets that were in the game at release

I know right. Unless the armors are made by a single unpaid intern who only works when he decides he wants to, there’s no way one armor takes 12+ months to develop. That’s absolutely ridiculous. If that was true then the game would’ve taken decades to create.

Heart of Thorns which had about two new armor sets per armor class + Mistward armor would’ve taken like 7 years at least.

I guess ArenaNet is in possession of the TARDIS.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

I know right. Unless the armors are made by a single unpaid intern who only works when he decides he wants to, there’s no way one armor takes 12+ months to develop. That’s absolutely ridiculous. If that was true then the game would’ve taken decades to create.

Heart of Thorns which had about two new armor sets per armor class + Mistward armor would’ve taken like 7 years at least.

I don’t have the quote but I saw a discussion some years back. Apparently when the game was in the design stages they hired temporary staff of designers and artists that were let go after the game was launched and they were no longer needed. That could be why they were able to design more armor back then if they had a larger group of people that were dedicated to armor creation.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

I don’t have the quote but I saw a discussion some years back. Apparently when the game was in the design stages they hired temporary staff of designers and artists that were let go after the game was launched and they were no longer needed. That could be why they were able to design more armor back then if they had a larger group of people that were dedicated to armor creation.

That sounds probable. They really should have kept more of those people on. They certainly should have hired more people when HoT was in development (more than they did anyway).

Hate is Fuel.