New Skill Change System

New Skill Change System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

I have attached an image of how I think the current system for changing skills on the move could go.

I would remove the silly tiny little arrows above the skills and instead make it so right clicking brings up the menu of skills available.

The skills would be ordered by type and a further right click in the skill selection pop up would add skills to the “favourites” menu. All tabs states (collapsed or open) would remain saved each time it is closed.

What does everyone think? I think this would also make it easier for future skills released into the game so it won’t be so hard to find them and use them.

Thanks for reading,

tl;dr….Just look at the image.

Attachments:

New Skill Change System

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Uh… how is this better? Right now I can just click the little arrow, see all the skills I have, and pick one. It could not possibly be easier. Your method hides skills from me and involves more clicks to perform what should be a simple task.

New Skill Change System

ObsidianSaint.1079

because the annoying skills triangle is tiny and I always accidentally click the skill. Right clicking makes much more sense because it is currently not utilized.

The ones you don’t need to see are hidden from you, you can choose favourites which means you can select the ones you like most much easier.

New Skill Change System

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Okay, well you have a point with the right-click aspect. If I could right-click to bring up the skill select, that would be cool. I just don’t find the sub-directories appealing at all. I would rather just see all my skill available at once. Maybe if there were so many skills that it took up a significant portion of the screen, this could be useful — but we’re not at that stage yet, and may never be, so as of now I’m not on board.

No harm in it being an optional thing, though.

New Skill Change System

ObsidianSaint.1079

Yes, I see your point and I suppose it could be annoying but this was kind of a hopeful change that might maybe sway them to add more skills to the game.

In Guild Wars 1 the skill selection was super crazy but I think this would be a nice middle ground if they decided to add more skills. It also makes picking skills based on types for certain traits which reduce cooldowns etc. easier.

Thank you for posting I agree, I definitely think the right click bit is a must. The category thing would be a potential change for the future.

New Skill Change System

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

I like the addition of the skill group name but would like to view all skills at once.