New Skills and Traits!!!

New Skills and Traits!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jfeez.8209

jfeez.8209

Finally!! meaningful horizontal progression, i really hope this is implemented in a similar way to capturing elites, i.e going to hunt certain mobs or go to certain places to learn the skills. Either way the one thing that has always bugged me was how little choice we had on skills, while a lot for them wouldn’t have been used if there was more the illusion of choice is fantastic.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Hopefully this means Mesmers can get a 25% speed signet or close to perma swiftness (a jump not tied to a clone would be nice too).

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Finally!! meaningful horizontal progression, i really hope this is implemented in a similar way to capturing elites, i.e going to hunt certain mobs or go to certain places to learn the skills. Either way the one thing that has always bugged me was how little choice we had on skills, while a lot for them wouldn’t have been used if there was more the illusion of choice is fantastic.

Sorry but… I use only one of my elites and only a fraction of utility skills. So really don’t care much about skills.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Sorry but… I use only one of my elites and only a fraction of utility skills. So really don’t care much about skills.

I hope this changes that. Most if not all classes are pigeonholed into builds based on utilities, more utilities will hopefully change that.

Replacing elite with a reg utility would be awesome too.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

i really hope this is implemented in a similar way to capturing elites, i.e going to hunt certain mobs or go to certain places to learn the skills

Blog post says that they will add new ways of acquiring skill points. Skills are going to be probably just added to your pool.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’m still holding out hope that we’ll get two-handed axes about the same time we get new skills and/or Legendary weapons.

And I hope one of the new skills is a Chainsaw for the Engineer.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

I hope the thief get finally his perma +25% movement speed trait.
The thief should be a very fast class but every warrior with “Warrior’s Sprint” is faster.

Also the big delay of 1-2 sec between the secound and third dodge with Feline Grace is really to long for a simple dodge.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Keilun.2475

Keilun.2475

I hope it includes weapon skills… Let’s be honest, a majority of our time is spent using weapon skills rather than utility skills. Utility skills to date are neat and occasionally useful, but more variety in our weapon skills would be a nice treat.

If I could design it, I would treat weapon skills in the same way utility skills are used today, where we have the option to pick and choose our weapon skills from a selection of weapon specific and class specific skills. That would be something I would truly be interested in. This would also be much more like GW1.

As it stands today, weapons skills are getting a bit too old and repetitive.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

Sort of agree with Keilun. I’d rather they make existing utility skills useful than make new ones. On my thief, other than 4-5 utilties I don’t even know what they do because they’re so useless (the traps are a joke, the venoms are utterly mediocre….). If they’re just going to add 3-4 more skills that I’ll never use because my current ones are so much better… what’s the point?

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: jfeez.8209

jfeez.8209

New weapons skills would be amazing, i hope they add them as well as utility skills, more combo options would be great, also a nightmare to balance :p

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Can I replace Death Blossom yet? And have more movement speed/swiftness options?
Would be nice to have viable traps too. Or just make Spike Trap high physical damage. c.c

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Keilun.2475

Keilun.2475

Yeah new weapon skills would be a lot to balance. But it’d definitely liven up combat seeing as how those are the skills we’re using the most. It’s probably a long shot, but I can always dream…

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I like the ‘idea’ of new skills and traits. In theory, this should open up the possibility of new builds for each class.

My only issue with this is that a lot of classes still have broken and useless skills/traits as it is. Why bother adding new ones if there are so many worthless ones out there?

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I think it was in one of the other posts about the coming updates that mentioned eventually all weapons would unlock for all chars (like engi with a hammer). And is something that would be truly awesome — I’ve seen more than a few posts about rangers and rifles, eles with swords, etc. Variety is the spice of life and all, so I’m all for opening up all weapons to everyone.

SOURCED:
“What’s more is that the team is also working very kitten finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons. Engineer plus Hammer? Check.”

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7597/Guild-Wars-2-ArenaNets-Master-Plan-for-2013.html

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I hope it includes weapon skills… Let’s be honest, a majority of our time is spent using weapon skills rather than utility skills. Utility skills to date are neat and occasionally useful, but more variety in our weapon skills would be a nice treat.

If I could design it, I would treat weapon skills in the same way utility skills are used today, where we have the option to pick and choose our weapon skills from a selection of weapon specific and class specific skills. That would be something I would truly be interested in. This would also be much more like GW1.

As it stands today, weapons skills are getting a bit too old and repetitive.

I agree 100% with you. This is just as I imagined, the #1 skill of a weapon should be replaced to other skills and so on. This would allow a lot more diversity and maybe even “fix” the broken weapons/skills/play style. In exemple, Guardians have one of the worst, if not the worst ranged atk options (basicaly only scepter, since staff is more for suport), this would allow to Staff to be used more offensively to allow Guardians to be better in range. Not only that, but also would allow to use 2 sets of the same weapon where one set have a completely different way from the other (not sharing cooldowns).

This would be amazing!!!

(I never played the GW1)

Sorry for my english.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I like the ‘idea’ of new skills and traits. In theory, this should open up the possibility of new builds for each class.

My only issue with this is that a lot of classes still have broken and useless skills/traits as it is. Why bother adding new ones if there are so many worthless ones out there?

They really should fix the useless utilities/traits before adding new ones. The “resurrect” skills of Ele, Necros and Guardians, for exemple, are worthless!!! And are a lot of utilities/traits that nobody use becouse is totally useless. They really should adress that first.

Sorry for my english.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

I just want a Necro with a Greatsword ;_;

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

I want P/P thief to be…good.

Also dual sword thief seems like it would be fun as hell.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

brb adding new skills instead of fixing what’s already in

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Let’s start by adding elites, yes? They are the category with less viable choices, having 2 at best per build. Oh and please avoid signets with boring actives

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

The thief should be a very fast class but every warrior with “Warrior’s Sprint” is faster.

Are you kidding me? Thieves are the BEST gap closer’s! You don’t need any more speed options. If stealth isn’t enough for you you are doing it wrong.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Black Teagan.9215

Are you kidding me? Thieves are the BEST gap closer’s! You don’t need any more speed options. If stealth isn’t enough for you you are doing it wrong.

To reach the same speed like other classes you must offer very much ini or a skillslot, and that have a massive negative effect on your deff and offensive and btw who need a speedbuff if s/he is stealth? In 3 second it makes no big different and with 10 sec you dont need it because the enemies dont know what you do or where you are(, while you runnig away), except you are predictable, then it has also no advantage to you.

And pls forgive me, but no all thiefs use stealth or can spam it as they like!

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Wulf.5431

Wulf.5431

To reach the same speed like other classes you must offer your ini or a place of your skills, what have a massive negative effect on your deff and offensive.

Not all classes have passive 25% movespeed either, and those that do have to spec for it

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Elites… there is a whole different issue. There are plenty of players that would rather take another utility skill versus an elite skill because most elite skills are pretty worthless. That really says something about the state of elites.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Black Teagan.9215

To reach the same speed like other classes you must offer your ini or a place of your skills, what have a massive negative effect on your deff and offensive.

Not all classes have passive 25% movespeed either, and those that do have to spec for it

I know, but if the “most mobile” class is slower than other classes, then must be something wrong.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

It’s not slower if you are willing to use initiative on that (spam heartseeker/shortbow 5th outrun everything in game).

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

when is this coming? I don’t want to wait 4 more months

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Please Arena NEt, don’t add just new Weapons, add new skills for the existing weapons.
Let me CHOSE what attack skills to use, like in GW1.

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

Also the big delay of 1-2 sec between the secound and third dodge with Feline Grace is really to long for a simple dodge.

they have a signet for that. most mobile class why, rationalization? even you just think logically, warrior is probably very fit as well.

(edited by Hell Avenger.7021)

New Skills and Traits!!!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want P/P thief to be…good.

Also dual sword thief seems like it would be fun as hell.

kitten , where are you getting these awesome ideas from? Surprised Anet hasn’t thought of doing this yet. Wonder what it’d be like to use P/P that don’t suck.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.