New Skins like HoM ones or Single-Use?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

As mentioned in the blogpost, we’ll get rewarded for our achievment points, with skins.

But will those Skins be like the HoM ones or only available for a single use?

Please Anet, make them like the HoM ones!

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m with you, prefer HoM style re-usability.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

precisely what I want. Anything that I receive via achievement or event I’d like to be available in the HoM just as the stuff from gw1 being in my HoM. Also, I’d like to have the ability to start collecting and displaying things in the HoM. I think the last time I went there was at the start of the game.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

precisely what I want. Anything that I receive via achievement or event I’d like to be available in the HoM just as the stuff from gw1 being in my HoM. Also, I’d like to have the ability to start collecting and displaying things in the HoM. I think the last time I went there was at the start of the game.

Well, maybe not in the HoM. There are people that don’t have a HoM after all. Maybe some sort of merchant in your home instance or something though.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

exactly what I want to know.
1. Do you spend achievement points to buy that skin once?
2. Do you spend achievement points and then you can buy that skin as many times as you want?
3. Do you just reach a certain limit of achievement points and the skin becomes buyable?
Or
4. Do you reach a certain limit of achievement points and get the skin mailed to you once?
I really want to know!

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Well, maybe not in the HoM. There are people that don’t have a HoM after all. Maybe some sort of merchant in your home instance or something though.

I’m pretty sure you can still go to HoM. There is a merchant in the pirates cave in LA that sells a portal stone to HoM. They may not have the items from GW1, but I’m pretty sure they can still go there. The home instance is boring anyways. I don’t think I ever went back after my personal story. I still remember back in the BWE where you had a merchant there who would turn your dye seeds or whatever they were into an actual dye, and it would take 24hrs to do that conversion per dye unless you paid him with a gem store item. That was…tedious.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m pretty sure you can still go to HoM. There is a merchant in the pirates cave in LA that sells a portal stone to HoM. They may not have the items from GW1, but I’m pretty sure they can still go there. The home instance is boring anyways. I don’t think I ever went back after my personal story. I still remember back in the BWE where you had a merchant there who would turn your dye seeds or whatever they were into an actual dye, and it would take 24hrs to do that conversion per dye unless you paid him with a gem store item. That was…tedious.

From my perspective HoM doesn’t really fit for this though. Your HoM was your legacy. Now it’s destroyed. Cold, and abandoned (and theoretically not truly accessible through the base story since Jormag ran all the Norn out of that area). If you don’t have a legacy, why go there? (and honestly, its kind of dumb that you can)

If we’re building a new ‘monument’ (in a sense) with our achievements, then we need someplace ‘new’ for it, if it works similarly.

Although, they might just treat it like a new currency and we might just get a new merchant in LA too. There’s a few ways they could go with this, so I guess we wait and see.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

I really feel the new achievement additions need a thorough blog post.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

or just wait a week.

Odd Magnet.3970

or just wait a week.

Better bring this to their attention yet.

If they say it will be multiple use, that’s fine.
If not, we can state our opinion and change the outcome. Remember the ‘investigation’ of the titles under username? Yeah, never heard of it again after that…

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

or just wait a week.

By Friday people will be making assumptions and there will be arguments, so I prefer we nip it in the bud before it leads to that.

Khisanth.2948

or just wait a week.

Better bring this to their attention yet.

If they say it will be multiple use, that’s fine.
If not, we can state our opinion and change the outcome. Remember the ‘investigation’ of the titles under username? Yeah, never heard of it again after that…

A bit late in the development cycle to be making this sort of changes. Besides you aren’t telling them anything they don’t already know. Of course people would prefer infinite use items over one time use ones but that has to be ‘balanced’ with other things. Depending on the items involved there is the in game economy and the business model for the game to be concerned with.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

A bit late in the development cycle to be making this sort of changes. Besides you aren’t telling them anything they don’t already know. Of course people would prefer infinite use items over one time use ones but that has to be ‘balanced’ with other things. Depending on the items involved there is the in game economy and the business model for the game to be concerned with.

If the skins were account bound skins like HoM skins were it would not influence the economy.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

HoM like plz

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Odd Magnet.3970

If the skins were account bound skins like HoM skins were it would not influence the economy.

This. There is absolute nothing to be balanced, since those skins do not give you the slightest advantage, as long as they’re account bound (which I’m pretty sure they’ll be)

Khisanth.2948

This. There is absolute nothing to be balanced, since those skins do not give you the slightest advantage, as long as they’re account bound (which I’m pretty sure they’ll be)

You are looking at the wrong sort of balance and forgetting that selling transmutation crystals is also part of what keeps the lights on/servers running/etc.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m with you, prefer HoM style re-usability.

This is definitely how I want/hope they act like. I’m tired of all these single use/one per account items.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

exactly what I want to know.
1. Do you spend achievement points to buy that skin once?
2. Do you spend achievement points and then you can buy that skin as many times as you want?
3. Do you just reach a certain limit of achievement points and the skin becomes buyable?
Or
4. Do you reach a certain limit of achievement points and get the skin mailed to you once?
I really want to know!

What they have already said makes it quite obvious it will either be 3 or 4. You will be retroactively awarded pieces you have already earned implies you don’t “spend” the points.

Odd Magnet.3970

the new article it sounds like it would be multiple use

In the upcoming release, we’re adding a reward structure to achievement points. As you complete achievements and increase your achievement score, you’ll unlock new, exclusive rewards for your account

At least for me the “unlockable” sound like that.
I wonder why they don’t mention if they’ll be multiple use or not. IMO that would be a huge plus for almost every player (except the ones which hate anything lol)

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

But at the same time, that would completely diminish their significance.

… I still want tengu.

Khisanth.2948

the new article it sounds like it would be multiple use

In the upcoming release, we’re adding a reward structure to achievement points. As you complete achievements and increase your achievement score, you’ll unlock new, exclusive rewards for your account

At least for me the “unlockable” sound like that.
I wonder why they don’t mention if they’ll be multiple use or not. IMO that would be a huge plus for almost every player (except the ones which hate anything lol)

Well it could work like PvP items. You have earn a certain life time total Glory before you can use particular vendors. Those are basically unlocks. Such a system would automatically award unlocks retroactively.

We’ll find out in less than a week.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

HoM style would be great!

As for where to put the reward merchant, in your Home instance would be a good place.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I hope HoM style “Unlock by reaching X pts, use it as much as you want”.

Actually, they could fit vendors directly in the Hall of Monuments, it’s so much wasted space!

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Besides you aren’t telling them anything they don’t already know.

Based on the past experience, i’d say that quite often they really don’t know, even when things are obvious to everyone else.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November