New Snow Outfit Preview [Pics]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

An upcoming Snow outfit (datamined by that_shaman) should soon hit the Gem Store along with other items (sickle, magic carpet, another outfit, …).

This outfit is 1 of 2 already in the downloaded patch and should be unisex. Would look great on characters fighting in the middle of Mount Maelstrom by the lava.

Man someone make a female Ygritte dyed and dressed up with this looking for John Snow near Jormag…. yeah.

Attachments:

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

you know nothing OP.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

My money is on this skin becoming another useless costume.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Vix, outfit tends to mean just that, outfit, meaning not an armor skin. TBH we could use a few more.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Winter gear? omg yay
Outfit? oh. ._.

At this rate, I may actually catch up on getting all the gemstore armors, and I do mean armors.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’d buy more outfits if we could also use them separately as individual skins. I hate that we have to have the entire outfit showing.

I made the mistake of buying an outfit once. Never again.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I like it, it reminds me of the norn ranger armor from GW1.

Shame it’s an outfit. As separate pieces it could be really cool, but as a one piece set and with limited dye options it’s not worth getting.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I like it, it reminds me of the norn ranger armor from GW1.

Shame it’s an outfit. As separate pieces it could be really cool, but as a one piece set and with limited dye options it’s not worth getting.

My thoughts exactly. This trend of outfits rather than armor pieces is disturbing. It is easier for Anet to create than armor pieces, so unfortunately I think this is going to be the norm. Such a shame and a step backwards!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i’ve been on for 2 years and have only ever purchased 1 gem store outfit.. and that was to use the cooks gloves on my town clothes, which didn’t have any gloves… wardrobe destroyed that outfit >_>
anyway, i’ve even avoided the armor sets as they don’t appeal to me and the ones with a singular item just haven’t grabbed me enough to get them..
this winter outfit, have to be honest, looks great and it’s not lore breaking either.. i’ll get one.. then again, there is a commando outfit leak that the majority of reddit seem to like and aside from impulse vomit makes me question why i’m even on this game.. so, yeah.. if i’m still here in a few weeks, i’ll get a fluffy parka

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Korossive.7085

I don’t see any advantage for the player in outfits. Its only easier for the developers, nothing more.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i know the wardrobe system murdered town clothes.. but now that we are moving forward i don’t see why people hate outfits so much

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Too bad it’s not an armor set.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I don’t see any advantage for the player in outfits. Its only easier for the developers, nothing more.

No transmutation charges needed by players, can swap freely between all outfits on all characters, a more cohesive look while leveling – plus they’re fun!

I love this new look, definitely getting this one

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Does it being an outfit not allow you to transmute individual pieces to mix and match with other pieces of armor?

Korossive.7085

Does it being an outfit not allow you to transmute individual pieces to mix and match with other pieces of armor?

No mixing and matching. All or nothing. Best case you can hide the head-piece but that’s it.

( and no one got the joke on last image yet? XD )

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

In a game were customizable appearance is important, I’ll never understand how a Dev thought non customizable Outfits would be a good idea? Now, if we had another UI where we created our own mix and matched outfits from the sets we’re buying, that would work great!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I’ve personally hated all the outfits offered in the gemstore thus far. This is the first (and possibly only) outfit I shall acquire. I honestly like this one.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

So, to add to the discussion… what do you think these outfits will be for?

There’s another outfit also data mined (won’t link to it but it’s easy to find on reddit) that was shown before this one that looks like desert clothes, would be perfect for a trip to deeper desert, maybe to be released as more of the dry top map is released. So, where does this outfit fit in?… personally I got two theories.

First one is that this is a new wintersday outfit. It’s october, we do know wintersday is coming, so it makes sense from a point of view. However, if we compare it with the previous wintersday outfit released, the focus of this one is obviously different. Previous wintersday outfit is clearly a celebration outfit, something you’d wear for a christmas party, for example. This one looks much rougher, and the bag thing on the side and the rope on the other makes it look like it’s something an adventurer would wear to an icy or frozen area.

So that’s my theory number two (the hype train one!!!)… maybe the living story will move forward and eventually take us to a previously unnaccesible very cold area, maybe the far shiverpeaks or something?..

Speculate away!!!..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

i know the wardrobe system murdered town clothes.. but now that we are moving forward i don’t see why people hate outfits so much

Because for the people who were upset at the change to town clothes we’re not “moving forward” at all.

The functionality hasn’t been improved at all, they’ve just released more outfits which are locked into the same format – it’s a one piece set which doesn’t allow you to mix and match and there’s only 4 dye channels for the entire set meaning you can’t even dye it the way you want.

The fact that they don’t cost transmutation charges is irrelevant because town clothes didn’t either. The only benefit is that you can wear them in combat, and to me (and many other people) that’s a tiny, tiny upside compared to what was lost.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That looks pretty cool.

But I think several of the outfits look really cool, and I still haven’t been able to convince myself to buy any of them.

Korossive.7085

Standard 800 gems is my guess; which I wont spend my gold—>gems on (I don’t spend real money on Anet since fractal-reset hit me).

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Wow. The outfits are looking better and better each time. Still, I really hope armor sets don’t get ignored even if outfits are super cool.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

( and no one got the joke on last image yet? XD )

Not until you pointed it out.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Wow. The outfits are looking better and better each time. Still, I really hope armor sets don’t get ignored even if outfits are super cool.

Have you checked out the Glorious armor sets they added a couple weeks ago? They are very cool, I finished the reward track for the Heavy Shoulders for my guardian today, love them to bits

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I don’t completely mind more outfits being released than armor, I just hope they don’t stop releasing armor completely and they reward enough outfits to compensate. When they released armor, they needed three for each weight class (except of course the generic transmutes-over-all)…if they are going with outfits that are simply worn over – then I think they can manage to start bringing more outfits.

I don’t know. I don’t mind outfits at all. I just hope it’s not a mark of the end of new armor sets.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

An upcoming Snow outfit (datamined by that_shaman) should soon hit the Gem Store along with other items (sickle, magic carpet, another outfit, …).

This outfit is 1 of 2 already in the downloaded patch and should be unisex. Would look great on characters fighting in the middle of Mount Maelstrom by the lava.

Man someone make a female Ygritte dyed and dressed up with this looking for John Snow near Jormag…. yeah.

The gem-store? One would hope you could earn it ingame with Wintersday.

This is not supposed to be a F2P game where you buy all your nice stuff.

But it’s a nice skin.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I like the hood, jacket and boots. Too bad it’s an outfit so it’s all or nothing.