New Stats on Bloodstone Items?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

EDITED for clarification:
Watching WP’s preview of the new content there are some new stat combos.

For those who own HoT/LS3 (hopefully obviously) and purchase PoF, once the expansion is released, will the new stat combos be available to select when resetting Blood Ruby Jewelry & Back items selecting stats or using the stat reset mechanic?

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

(edited by Moira Shalaar.5620)

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

It seems HoT is not connected to PoF, they are entirely separate, which means the expansion can include, -but not depend- on anything from HoT/LS3.

This means your items will probably be HoT items only.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Highly doubtful they’ll retroactively go back to stuff like the Blood Ruby or other LS3 items and add new stat combos to them. The biggest reason for that would be that would be allowing players without PoF to get those stat combos, which diminishes the value of the expansion. “Detecting” whether the player has the expansion or not and offering different stat combos based on that seems overly complicated. They’ll do it for Legendaries because they kind of have to to justify the work required for those items, but normal Ascended stuff isn’t that big a deal.

What the WILL probably do, however, is introduce new rewards in LS4 (if they aren’t already in the expansion itself) that work similarly and have the new stat combos. Since LS4 will, I assume, follow suit and require PoF the same way LS3 required HoT, that wouldn’t be stepping on the toes of the expansion and giving players those combos who haven’t bought the expansion.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Highly doubtful they’ll retroactively go back to stuff like the Blood Ruby or other LS3 items and add new stat combos to them. The biggest reason for that would be that would be allowing players without PoF to get those stat combos, which diminishes the value of the expansion. “Detecting” whether the player has the expansion or not and offering different stat combos based on that seems overly complicated. They’ll do it for Legendaries because they kind of have to to justify the work required for those items, but normal Ascended stuff isn’t that big a deal.

What the WILL probably do, however, is introduce new rewards in LS4 (if they aren’t already in the expansion itself) that work similarly and have the new stat combos. Since LS4 will, I assume, follow suit and require PoF the same way LS3 required HoT, that wouldn’t be stepping on the toes of the expansion and giving players those combos who haven’t bought the expansion.

You have laid that out very logically. However I don’t like your logic and I don’t want you to be right, but pretty much because it sounds exactly like what I am afraid they will do. Worse for my inventory, I bet any stat changing Jewelry they introduce in LS4 will not have HoT stats meaning that I may have to maintain 2 sets of Jewelry.

I will dispute your “ascended is not a big deal” statement however. I would guess that you have not farmed an insane amount of blood rubies trying to outfit a whole bunch of alts with stat adjusting Jewelry! :-D

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM