New TRADING POST is terrible

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

What?

It takes 2 minutes to learn, is faster, and can be done with 1 hand now.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I can no longer play the market by choosing lowest or highest and that selling system – .

In generally people hate change because they have to learn new systems. Give it some time you may learn that you like it. You also can choose the lowest seller/Highest buyer. The difference is both options are available to you on one screen now. It defaults to lowest seller.

To fill a buy order you would just choose the buy order side the warning text that states your item would be held will disappear.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP I think this is more of an issue of you being used to something than the thing you’re used to being better. The new trading post is a huge improvement over the old one.

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

Agreed on all points, and yes I dislike change but the thing that’s really eating me is the fact that I have to gibbon around clicking on each and every item to sell them! I know, I know, it’s whining (so forgive me for it) but what the interface needs at the very least is an option to SELECT ALL at once and then the user can scroll back and forth through it and de-select anything that may not be suitable or is undesirable to sell and then a MASS SELLING takes place. That would definitely be appreciated. I spent way too much of my online gaming time in GW2 selling when I would rather be out there taking out the bad guys, dagnabbit – hope that didn’t get ’’kittened’’.

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Belenus, I agree with you the new UI definitely needs work.

Please comment on this thread…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-I-d-Like-To-See-to-the-NEW-TP-UI/first#post4383392
…with changes you’d like to see. If we can get a reasonable list in a thread with a decent amount of views and comments, maybe Anet will see the people who spend a good amount of time on the TP need it to be simplified and reduce the number of clicks to use it.

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

I wish I could buy something from the gem store that would automatically sell my items on the TP for me so I can practice on my interpretive dance.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

We are creatures of habit. Many do not like this because it is change. Once this becomes habit, all will be well again.

Same thing happened with the UI changes from the previous feature patch.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Gregor Hawke.2036

Gregor Hawke.2036

One thing I do not like about this change is the fact you can not scroll down as far or as deep into items available for sale. As a person who buys and sells exclusively. I pretty much do not play the game anymore other than to make gold on the trading post just for the sake of making gold. I do not like that i cannot scroll down near as far as I would like to find those top of the market price breaks. In order to find them the items must be sold down to the point where the dramatic price break is even noticeable anymore.

Basically the Current Buyers, and Current Sellers lists are way to short now. They need to be expanded to at least twice as long. For at least the current sellers. Top 19 or 20 is probably perfectly fine for buy orders. The Current sellers list however IMO does need to be lengthened. It only take a few sellers under cutting by a penny to flood the list with minimal information on the economy. Just a few un-shown places away could be a big price jump which isn’t able to be viewed at the current time.

That is the ONE and only thing I hate about this patch! =(

(edited by Gregor Hawke.2036)

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

While some of it is good, there are features that Anet have totally kittened up.

1. you can not longer see , or add to listings that you already have

eg, I have 20 greatswords for sale . I have another 20 I want to sell of the exact same sword. I can no longer add to my current listing . In fact i have NO WAY of knowing now if i even have any for sale unless I jump back of of the sell screen and go back to items i’m selling, Write down on a note pad I have X amount listed and the listed price then go back to the sell window and list them at the price.

I have already undercut myself at least 5 times this morning.

Over looking or removing that function was just a little be silly on Anets part don’t you think?

2. The projected profit was better, but not a game breaker as I have always just mentally subtracted 15% of the sell price anyways

3, I now have to close the TP completely to see what just sold.

eg. 3g just came in and I listing items for sale want to know what just sold , if go to the sold window it is show stuff that sold 1 hour ago. the only way to get the sold items to refresh is to shut down the TP altogether and reopen it.

(edited by Lisa.6102)

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

It takes 2 minutes to learn, is faster, and can be done with 1 hand now.

Wrong. The new Trading Post is certainly NOT faster for quickselling items, which is what the OP said that he used it for the most. So, for the topic creator, the new UI is certainly not faster.

I do agree that it shouldn’t take much more than a few minutes to learn, though, at least for just basic selling or listing of items. But, it is certainly NOT faster for quickselling compared to the old UI

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

I’m still having difficulty understanding why the stuff people are complaining about is so important.

There might be a lot of things to criticize in the Feature Pack, but I honestly don’t see how the new Trading Post can be one of them.

Lisa.6102

I’m still having difficulty understanding why the stuff people are complaining about is so important.

There might be a lot of things to criticize in the Feature Pack, but I honestly don’t see how the new Trading Post can be one of them.

I think it depends on how you play the game, For someone that just sells the odd thing here and there it probably isn’t a big deal.

For someone that spends a lot of time flipping and selling on TP the changes are a big issue, not so much the changes but really important things they screwed up like the ones I have mentioned in a previous post.

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

I suppose. I guess the only thing I care about are the new filters :d

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

NO.

its one of the things this patch got VERY right.

some tweaks can make it better, but the positives greatly outweigh any negatives

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Lisa.6102

NO.

some tweaks can make it better, but the positives greatly outweigh any negatives

I don’t dislike it , I think they just screwed up a bit that’s all

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

NO.

I don’t dislike it , I think they just screwed up a bit that’s all

understood. read your post and generally agree. just felt like making a pro-patch post , since i’ve been so negative toward the NPE part.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold