New TTS Trend

New TTS Trend

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eunoia.7184

eunoia.7184

So like, lately there’s been this pattern of TTS members pulling players from HoT meta maps to do their bosses. I know they’re not breaking rules and whatnot, it’s just not cool man. I don’t know if the leaders are asking them to do this or not, and if not, do know that your members are currently doing this. It’s a pathetic way of getting people to do your events. If you’re lacking members to do your events, do some legit recruitment.
I was in the guild and it was not like this before.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Not sure what you mean but advertising “TTS is running a….” <insert event here> in maps is surely done when that event is on. They can’t make Triple Trouble wait just because Tarir is under attack.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

New TTS Trend

Posted by: eunoia.7184

eunoia.7184

They are a guild with multiple branches. They should already have enough members to do so and if not, there’s the entire Central Tyria region to fish for players.
HoT maps are events on their own.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

You could say the same about any event map they advertised on then.
TTS advertised when the defend Arah event was on.
You might see it more in HoT maps because the meta happens on a shorter timer than Arah.
I’d imagine they are only advertising because they don’t have enough members online at that given time, nobody is going to promote an already full event after all.
If everyone is in HoT maps then you’d pretty much have to advertise your event in those maps to get players as core Tyria is empty. Plus it’s a guaranteed way to get level 80s and also a high chance they’ll be pretty good/well geared 80s.

If I was planning on doing TT and was involved in the meta for a bit on another map, I’d always have been planning on leaving, maybe I’d leave a bit earlier if reminded.

One solution might be to go do the TTS event then return to the meta in HoT, that’s probably what all the other players do.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

New TTS Trend

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Do you think they are begging for help or do you think they are offering players the opportunity to beat Triple Trouble?

Because I think it is the latter.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Zadist.5410

Zadist.5410

What are you going on about?

I always see different guilds advertising a range of world bosses or meta chains in every other LFG category, and sometimes in /m, like EVOs and SAND. If anything it’s awesome as it allows a range of players to experience the ‘harder’ group based stuff.

Instead of attacking a specific guild on a public medium, perhaps message the guild leader directly.

(edited by Zadist.5410)

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

TTS is Epic guild! No, I have not been joined their guild, but TTS is Legend among all guilds. They were first ones who was beating up modified Tequatl the Sunless. They have been first in every aspects. They were first ones who was beating up Triple Trouble too. It has been always privilidge to play with them and do those hard events.

So if they are advertising HoT area some another event what is happening in Core game, they are giving opportunity to players beat up those events. Those players who are leaving to do those advertised events, they haven’t got achievements from them. TTS is quarantee success with meta events.

I would join in blink of eye to TTS or those events what they are running, if I would have Teamspeak. But because I don’t have Teamspeak, I am always out of fun.

So if TTS is advertising some meta event, just hop in and you will beat that mission. Lets have fun and lets everybody else have fun too

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

TTS weren’t first for Teq or TT.

As far as the topic of the thread, I find it annoying that they choose to spawn a new map even if they practically own the existing one.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

New TTS Trend

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

As far as the topic of the thread, I find it annoying that they choose to spawn a new map even if they practically own the existing one.

it’s actually server Blackgate who was the world’s first i believe. Anyways, just be thankful we have guild community like TTS who can arrange for big events.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Amerikajinn.4635

Amerikajinn.4635

As a Commander of TTS for the OCE time-slot, I want to say that I can see where the OP is coming from. It can be frustrating to see players not coming to an event you want to do when another is being set up. However, it’s ultimately up to the players to decide the content they want to take part in as well. We advertise to a wide bracket of players to ensure that as many players can take part in events like Triple Trouble as possible.

This is also why we try to spawn a new map, even if we have many TTS members already on a map. With an event like Triple Trouble where co-ordination is key, getting as many players in our team speak onto our chosen map is ideal; even if it has been shown that chat-only TT attempts can succeed. Having the advantage of real-time commands being sent out means we can coordinate players faster, and increase our chances of success.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I would join in blink of eye to TTS or those events what they are running, if I would have Teamspeak. But because I don’t have Teamspeak, I am always out of fun.

Teamspeak isn’t exactly required for TTS though. Its nice if you have it though, as it helps with coordination. You don’t even have to have a mic/talk.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

it’s actually server Blackgate who was the world’s first i believe. Anyways, just be thankful we have guild community like TTS who can arrange for big events.

Well Teq is pretty automated now so there only TT. I think there are about 5 guilds that run that although I don’t know the frequencies.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Lexi Sauce.5847

Lexi Sauce.5847

TTS gets cr@p for apparently being not pug friendly, now they get cr@p for inviting pugs to their map. Uh, ok.

F*** it if you do and f*** it if you don’t right?

(edited by Lexi Sauce.5847)

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Captain Seyo.4285

Captain Seyo.4285

Hello, TTS EU Leader!

TTS makes sure that people who want/need these world boss events. But the major thing is we don’t require you to join our guild to participate! But we still want to invite you to our events like Triple Trouble, Chak Gerent, Dragon Stand, Etc. We do prioritize guild members but never shun PUGs. If you are willing to listen to us on teamspeak, we are willing to work with you!
Recruitment is not our primary focus. Our primary focus is the community at large, not just TTS members. TTS members do get some minor perks like the taco whisper.
But using the LFG tool to alert random strangers to our events is completely up our alley! It helps us do what we do!

New TTS Trend

Posted by: NexForce.1654

NexForce.1654

As a commander of TTS, we try to accommodate as much players that are interested in join our events as possible. Of course, we don’t always get the numbers for these events, thus advertising we are running an event.

Also our mandate is offering our services to the mass players that don’t have the opportunities or access to do these events because various reasons. If you ever feel that our advertising is bothering anyone, there is always that report button on the LFG tool. Our intentions were never to “steal” or “pull” players away from the current meta, we just letting people know that we’re running an event.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Teamspeak isn’t exactly required for TTS though. Its nice if you have it though, as it helps with coordination. You don’t even have to have a mic/talk.

If you don’t have TS they’re likely to leave you for another map though and it’s difficult to follow them. I don’t blame TTS for that though, TT kinda requires it more-so than most content in GW2. However, the point is TS is pretty much required.

Used to save a guild slot for them but it got obnoxious re-registering all the time so I just left after I got my acheevs.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Taomagicdragon.9718

Taomagicdragon.9718

Hi everyone, I’m the Head of TTS EU and Second In Command of TTS.

We actively encourage our members to message their friends, family, or anyone else really to join us for events for multiple reasons:

1 – Many who join our guild(s) do so purely for the events and rep another guild at all other times and may not easily see our notices otherwise.

2 – It offers those not in our guild an opportunity to see what we do and get acheivements, items, and hopefully some fun that they weren’t otherwise planning on.l having.

3 – It also serves as an advertisement.

I can promise you that our intention is never to cause strife and if we’re in a map that is already being organized, we work hard to make sure we don’t advertise in the map and to make sure our group stays off that map’s IP (i.e. Triple trouble wurm).

As for popping new maps, we want to ensure we have as many people who take the time to join our TS (and by extension our guild(s)) to get in the map IP we are in as possible. We also sometimes run multiple maps for events due to the cap Anet has placed on maps.

I also want to say that it’s never our intention to grief others and, if you feel grief’d by a TTS member, you can personally PM me with the details as I also wear the hat of Head of our PR team.

Have a great day and get phat lootz!

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

even if it has been shown that chat-only TT attempts succeed on a daily basis.

Fixed that for you

However, the point is TS is pretty much required.

It’s really not. Post Reset TT on NA shows daily that it’s not required.

I personally see TTS’ TS req for TT (wow that’s a tongue twister) in the same light as 100% rep guilds: not necessary but it’s their choice to have that requirement which I personally don’t wish to adhere to, and have done/will do the content without by joining other groups who don’t ask it of me.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

New TTS Trend

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Many people are in HOT maps for mastery points and since Triple Trouble provides Tyria mastery points, it seems like a good place to pull people interested in collecting that. If anything, it’s a service to individual players, not a dis-service to HOT events.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

TTS stop being fun when Ken stopped commanding.

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I don’t get the problem, unless they are advertising Teq or TTW in the wrong LFG section. If that is the case you should report them and they really should stop it because its pretty much a violation of the rules.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

even if it has been shown that chat-only TT attempts succeed on a daily basis.

Fixed that for you

However, the point is TS is pretty much required.

It’s really not. Post Reset TT on NA shows daily that it’s not required.

I personally see TTS’ TS req for TT (wow that’s a tongue twister) in the same light as 100% rep guilds: not necessary but it’s their choice to have that requirement which I personally don’t wish to adhere to, and have done/will do the content without by joining other groups who don’t ask it of me.

I meant that TS is pretty much required to run with TTS. Yeah, I’ve seen chat TT groups succeed as well but I feel TT requires it more than most content in GW2 which is 1111111 easy. Yeah I don’t like 100% rep guilds either.

Edit: Haha yup, all the T’s and S’s in this thread are getting me all tongue twisted too haha.

(edited by DaikonSamurai.6714)

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

NO ONE is forced to leave a maguuma meta event to join TTS. i dont know why the hell youre blaming them for “stealing” people who leave of their own volition.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Lexi Sauce.5847

Lexi Sauce.5847

NO ONE is forced to leave a maguuma meta event to join TTS. i dont know why the hell youre blaming them for “stealing” people who leave of their own volition.

10/10

A golden stars for you

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

It’s not like they’re trouble anyway. Even if they “pull” players, simply post on LFG again. Let me tell you, simply posting the meta event name (like Challenges) will gather players in the map soon enough.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I would like to thank TTS for allowing other people a chance to participate in their events and don’t see a problem here.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I would like to thank TTS for allowing other people a chance to participate in their events and don’t see a problem here.

Plus, how is this different from any random player who posts about upcoming world boss events? In both cases, I consider it a (vaguely selfish) sort of PSA; it offers people a choice to participate in something that they might have missed without the announcement.

tl;dr on the whole, it’s a good thing (and the downside is temporary and relatively insignificant)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

When I advertise for a TTS event, I try to stress that people should tell their guildmates via guildchat. That way, even if the person hearing me advertise Triple Trouble Wurm doesn’t want to do it, maybe someone in their guild does. I often go to EotM for this reason.

Also, WvW is on 24/7. Triple Trouble Wurm is not (unless triggered by a guild that can handle it). For some people in some time zones, finding a viable TT Wurm fight where they can get the achievements they want is extremely difficult. Do you begrudge someone who really wants to get those achievements the opportunity to do so?

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Plus, how is this different from any random player who posts about upcoming world boss events? In both cases, I consider it a (vaguely selfish) sort of PSA; it offers people a choice to participate in something that they might have missed without the announcement.

tl;dr on the whole, it’s a good thing (and the downside is temporary and relatively insignificant)

Sometimes we also advertise at the same time that we’re doing MORE than just triple trouble as well. Our PAC time segment for example, will advertise that they’re, for example, starting the KOTJ meta, hopping to teq when it’s finished, and then hopping to TT, a full DS run, meta bosses, temples, event trains, etc.

If I had to guess, OP’s just mad his meta map failed and TTS provides an easy target for their misplaced anger. Not the first time it’s happened.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: powetng.1024

powetng.1024

As a new player, I appreciate the existence of TTS. Thanks alot.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: Celtic.1962

Celtic.1962

TTS doesn’t force anyone against their will to join the ts, ans do events with us. We definitely love it, because events are much more fun when you’re interacting with the GW2 community. As for “stealing” , no TTS never does that. In fact when we run events, many if not all the commanders try to stress not to advertise on maps that are doing the same event. But we can’t stop anyone from doing what they want.

New TTS Trend

Posted by: unagy.3018

unagy.3018

So like, lately there’s been this pattern of TTS members pulling players from HoT meta maps to do their bosses. I know they’re not breaking rules and whatnot, it’s just not cool man. I don’t know if the leaders are asking them to do this or not, and if not, do know that your members are currently doing this. It’s a pathetic way of getting people to do your events. If you’re lacking members to do your events, do some legit recruitment.
I was in the guild and it was not like this before.

Is that your definition of “pathetic”? Do you know what else is put in mapchat as an offering to other players but with absolutely no obligation for them to participate or even follow up? Guild recruitment. Do you know what else is put in LFG in the same fashion? HoT meta. So don’t be a hypocrite and/or don’t have double standards.

It’s a choice left up to the player what world events in the entirety of the playable universe they want to do. If in light of new information they wish to make a new choice, i.e. “Oh, the Evolved Wurm is up? I’ll just leave Tangled Depths and head to Firthside Vigil.” then that’s on them; if they left during the Gerent then that’s even more on them but that is how they choose to handle the information. To play the extreme, you’re saying that if telling people Triple Trouble starts soon makes them leave your event, that you’d rather deprive them of that information? You are in no position to make that call for anyone.

Nobody’s putting a gun to anybody’s head to do any event. If you are even aware of TTS requirements, you’d know that as much as participation for scheduled raids is naturally strongly encouraged, there’s no compulsory attendance for a particular event just because the leaders mandate it. So, internally, there’s no pressure; externally, it’s an offering to run with the guild.

In an ideal world, everyone would have TacO or the /wiki World boss timers automagically ingrained in their memory. And if people suddenly stop helping the outposts because the Evolved Wurm is up, who else are you going to blame?

(edited by unagy.3018)