New Torch Skin idea

New Torch Skin idea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MaxTNT.3154

MaxTNT.3154

(Didn’t really know where to post this…)

Looking through all(?) the different torch skins available to me for my Guardian, I thought about an idea for a new torch design.

While basically fulfilling the slot of a torch, my idea is not exactly a torch at all…
I was thinking about instead of the stick or chalice with the flame in it/on it/at the end, we could just hold the flame in the palm of our hand.
Being magically attuned(and having the ability to set yourself alight completly anyway) it’s not so farfetched for the Guardian to not need a ‘lighter’ for his/her flames. Instead the Guardian could have the ability to have a passive flame in his or her handpalm(or a whole burning hand if thats what you prefer…) when weapons are drawn.

Typical Guardian fire is blue, so a blue variant seems appropaite here, but a standard ‘flame’ color could also work(if combined with a burning sword it works perfectly) or even a green flame…let your imagination run wild

Also, its not restricted to Guardians, now is it? Mesmers are also torch users…and as luck would have it, also magic users. For a mesmer to have a flame in their hands is also not very strange, expecially if said flame were pink/purple.
I did think about the Ranger and its abiliy to also wield torches, but being pretty much magicless. Easiest idea I came up with is…too bad, then this specific torch skin is not designed for them(or get creative and make it work with your headcanon)

New Torch Skin idea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenmyr.2894

Zenmyr.2894

I like the idea for those guards that use the torch OH. It seems more in character for the guard with that whole ‘holy blue fire’ thing going.

As far as ranger goes- I don’t really see a burning need (haha) for new torch models considering the are very underused at present.