New Trailer for September 20 update

in Living World

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

in Living World

CMM.6712

Looks pretty cool to me, looking forward to it.

in Living World

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

It is going to be rough on any one running burn as there main damage.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It looks good, although we didn’t get to see much of the new map.

I like that the trailer ends with Braham saying “I didn’t think we’d be dealing with another dragon so soon”. I imagine a lot of players thought that. (Although I doubt Primordius will actually be in the living story, but it looks like we’re building to fighting him in the next expansion.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Hoping for a mastery or something. They can’t realistically proceed against Destroyers w/o solving the burning dps issue.

Trailer does look good. Can’t wait for next week. Bloodstone was a very cool map, but doesn’t really have much staying power.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Hoping for a mastery or something. They can’t realistically proceed against Destroyers w/o solving the burning dps issue.

Trailer does look good. Can’t wait for next week. Bloodstone was a very cool map, but doesn’t really have much staying power.

They didn’t in GW1, you had to change your skills as they where immune to fire damage.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Yay….let the speculation continue!! Good job on the trailer…now where did I put my condition cleanse…

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

not even hyped.

in Living World

CMM.6712

not even hyped.

Funny, I feel the same way about your post!

in Living World

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

one week. nice

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

in Living World

Randulf.7614

They didn’t in GW1, you had to change your skills as they where immune to fire damage.

The flexibility of the gw1 skill system allowed for. Here it would severely hamper many eles and make Berserkers next to useless in pve. They couldnt get away with it here if we are taking on destroyers for a sustained period.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Hoping for a mastery or something. They can’t realistically proceed against Destroyers w/o solving the burning dps issue

Actually, I think they can. In Guild Wars 1 foes has strengths and weaknesses to various damage types. ArenaNet haven’t dipped too much into that in GW2. Dredge immune to blind, Destroyers to Burning and Husks have high armour against power based damage. Burning builds have been having a whale of a time against the Husks since Living World Season 2. Don’t forget that. Destroyers are the other side of the coin and players should have to think hard about how’s best to combat them, changing builds if necessary.

If Destroyers were immune to Confusion for example no one would care or have any incentives to tweak builds.

in Living World

CMM.6712

Hoping for a mastery or something. They can’t realistically proceed against Destroyers w/o solving the burning dps issue

Actually, I think they can. In Guild Wars 1 foes has strengths and weaknesses to various damage types. ArenaNet haven’t dipped too much into that in GW2. Dredge immune to blind, Destroyers to Burning and Husks have high armour against power based damage. Burning builds have been having a whale of a time against the Husks since Living World Season 2. Don’t forget that. Destroyers are the other side of the coin and players should have to think hard about how’s best to combat them, changing builds if necessary.

If Destroyers were immune to Confusion for example no one would care or have any incentives to tweak builds.

Maybe we will see a surge in water and chill based builds, that would be interesting.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The flexibility of the gw1 skill system allowed for. Here it would severely hamper many eles and make Berserkers next to useless in pve. They couldnt get away with it here if we are taking on destroyers for a sustained period.

Agreed.

A big part of GW1’s design was that you needed to think about your build before each area and choose skills to suit the enemies you were going to be fighting. That was part of why there were so many skills.

But also you only had those 8 skills to determine your attacks. Well that and maybe the upgrades on your weapon. But you didn’t have anything like profession skills, traits which add effects on your attacks or runes which add effects. So it was a lot easier to change your build completely.

GW2 is very different in that respect. Some professions (like guardians) would have a very hard time swapping all the burning in their build for other damage types. It would basically be penalising those people.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

In gw1 they also had weaknesses though. I’m fine with destroyers being immune to burning if they get loads of damage from water attacks or the ‘chill’ condition.

But as some already pointed out, the gw2 skill system does not have the flexibility gw1 had.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

You say that like there are.no other options open to those classes, Ele have Water air and earth, warriors can focus on physical damage over condition damage. So I don’t see why they need to do anything.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

You say that like there are.no other options open to those classes, Ele have Water air and earth, warriors can focus on physical damage over condition damage. So I don’t see why they need to do anything.

They still need weaknesses to make up for their immunities, just like gw1 had.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Sure just spend 1000g to regear out of one build into another for a single LS episode… completely reasonable.

in Living World

Sure just spend 1000g to regear out of one build into another for a single LS episode… completely reasonable.

LOL!
Yeah just craft a new ascended set as your current burning condition build no longer works in the new content, don’t be so cheap

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

not even hyped.

Funny, I feel the same way about your post!

lol

in Living World

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

You don’t need ascended for open world PvE. Just go with a set of exotics. Sheesh. Talk about hyperbole.

NSPride <3

in Living World

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

GW2 is very different in that respect. Some professions (like guardians) would have a very hard time swapping all the burning in their build for other damage types. It would basically be penalising those people.

Well, there’s little reason to play a burn guard at all in PvE and other classes should have a sufficient amount of other conditions available. I think there are more relevant issues than destroyers’ burn immunity.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Living World

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Yay….let the speculation continue!! Good job on the trailer…now where did I put my condition cleanse…

Try veteran stonehead. Also RIP pve condi guardians, the few, the fiery.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Living World

You don’t need ascended for open world PvE. Just go with a set of exotics. Sheesh. Talk about hyperbole.

I can’t speak for Zudet, but I was joking…

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It has the same face as on Eir’s final foe. Could be related even though not of Mordremoth? Note there was a fire wyrm too.

in Living World

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

More stuff back from GW1…yay!

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

But you are taking away an entire attunement (ele) and an entire elite spec (Berserker), and it for the most part, is a deduction. In GW1, not only did you have a range of viable options to choose from, you could also choose from a secondary prof which gave all sorts of other options. GW2 does not work like that so you can’t adapt as easily.

Right now, an ele can choose fire, water, air and earth. Most ele’s will rotate through through those attunements depending on the situation at hand. If Destroyers are immune to burning with no way of overcoming that with in game mechanics, all that happens is the ele essentially is only rotating through 3 attunements, since the fire attunement is largely useless without the burning condition to drive most of the dps.

in Living World

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

It has the same face as on Eir’s final foe. Could be related even though not of Mordremoth? Note there was a fire wyrm too.

Fun detected; neutralization protocol initiated

Attachments:

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Living World

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Two words:

Pirate Skritt

That’s all that matters, nothing more, nothing less. Now, lets just hope this indicates they will be a new playable race with the next expansion!!!!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Living World

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Two words:

Pirate Skritt

That’s all that matters, nothing more, nothing less. Now, lets just hope this indicates they will be a new playable race with the next expansion!!!!

A new race is actually quite unlikely, even in an expansion. Wooden Potatoes had a good reasoning of why in one of his videos, but it basically boils down to the amount of content that would have to be produced for a new race is just too much. New classes, specializations, masteries…sure, all possible in the current format of the game. New race, not so much.

in Living World

Two words:

Pirate Skritt

A new race is actually quite unlikely, even in an expansion. Wooden Potatoes had a good reasoning of why in one of his videos, but it basically boils down to the amount of content that would have to be produced for a new race is just too much. New classes, specializations, masteries…sure, all possible in the current format of the game. New race, not so much.

Indeed. A new race would need the following:
-Capital City
-Starter Area
-Personal story quests (up until lvl 30)
-Cultural armor/weapons
And if It’s a non-humanoid race like the Tengu, a lot of new animations. They also have to make altered versions of every single armor in the game so they fit the tengu.

And that comes on top of actually creating the race itself. In other words, it’s very unlikely.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

But you are taking away an entire attunement (ele) and an entire elite spec (Berserker), and it for the most part, is a deduction. In GW1, not only did you have a range of viable options to choose from, you could also choose from a secondary prof which gave all sorts of other options. GW2 does not work like that so you can’t adapt as easily.

Right now, an ele can choose fire, water, air and earth. Most ele’s will rotate through through those attunements depending on the situation at hand. If Destroyers are immune to burning with no way of overcoming that with in game mechanics, all that happens is the ele essentially is only rotating through 3 attunements, since the fire attunement is largely useless without the burning condition to drive most of the dps.

You do realize fire attunment is mostly power damage right?

in Living World

Paulytnz.7619

Two words:

Pirate Skritt

Indeed. A new race would need the following:
-Capital City
-Starter Area
-Personal story quests (up until lvl 30)
-Cultural armor/weapons
And if It’s a non-humanoid race like the Tengu, a lot of new animations. They also have to make altered versions of every single armor in the game so they fit the tengu.

And that comes on top of actually creating the race itself. In other words, it’s very unlikely.

Oh yee of little faith.

- A capital City would not be hard to add. Last expansion they gave us 2 HUGE guild hall maps. You really think a Capital city would be too much work? Besides we are well over due for a new city that is actually inhabited by “people”.

- Starter area might actually be welcome to a lot of people. Who says new maps have to always be level 80+ zones/content? Again a new map or 2 is not too difficult to do. They have also mentioned that new heart quests are coming with this next map. Again that to me is hopefully an indication of returning back to old content – thus new lowbie maps with hearts, which by the way people have been asking for, for some time now.

- Personal Story quests to level 30 would not be too much work. But it would certainly be worth the pay off if it is. Altaholics would buy a new char slot for that of course and that would also extend game content a bit more there.

- They could do culture amours to only 3 sets, one for each weight class. 3 of each was not needed in the first place if you ask me. Also remember that ALL races get to use the cultural weapons so that’s nothing much new. It would be the same as any new set they are constantly bringing in via the Ticket system, except this time it will cost Karma or whatever.

Oh and btw the improvised weapons they brought into the game could have been the perfect cultural weapon set for this race. In fact when it came out alarm bells went off in my head, could it be……finally? What they could do is simply say “now that Skritt are a playable race we have changed the improvised weapon set to be their cultural set. No more will you have to spend Tickets to buy this set!”

- They may not need to add as many animations as you may think. Some of you overlook the fact that many of these races already do engage in combat in the game. So some exist already, lets not forget that.

Classes are done in my opinion, no more are needed. So what else is left that fans have been wanting for a long time? New playable races.

Before the last expansion people were always asking for a new class to finally flesh out the current ones so there could be one for each weight class. If they were to add more classes I would say they would have to do 3 again just to keep that balance. That to me would be far more work than a new race. Not to mention more headaches for balancing.

We have guild halls now. Yes they have said there will be more in future expansions. But the basics are done there, the system is in place. We got gliding last time. They have to give us something new and cool to keep us excited besides just new story. Sure there could be player housing finally….but it would not surprise me tbh if we got both or in the least just 1 (house or new race).

Anet do like to give cool new things to play with and they definitely like to surprise us. So again I say, I wouldn’t be surprised if finally……..playable Skritt! :P

PS, I think some of you think that Anet shy away from hard work or would rather not do it. Yet, I have seen the opposite from them, so again I say – of yee of little faith! :P

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in Living World

Paulytnz.7619

Two words:

Pirate Skritt

Let us not forget that very early in the game Wooden Potatoes was banned for exploiting and that he did not think he should be. So really, can we (or should we) go by just “another player’s” opinion?

in Living World

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

Like someone above said…the big thing in the picture with the asura is a really big Stonehead.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Veteran_Stonehead.jpg

Compare faces.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Two words:

Pirate Skritt

Let us not forget that very early in the game Wooden Potatoes was banned for exploiting and that he did not think he should be. So really, can we (or should we) go by just “another player’s” opinion?

Really? I couldn’t find anything on this. Just someone else saying they were banned for using a program WoodenPotatoes recommended.

Do you have a source? I’d be interested in reading about this. =)

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yeah, I’ve been watching WoodenPotatoes, on and off, for years, and I’ve never heard about him being banned, exploit or no.

Just seemed odd.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Do, let’s forget it because it never happened.

You might be confusing Wooden Potatoes (a v-blogger) with Dulfy (a guide-site manager). Dulfy was indeed suspended for a period of time, because her account received goods from someone who had purchased gold from a Real Money Trader. At the time, ANet’s policy was to suspend both the account of the sender and of the receiver, while they worked out what happened. Once Dulfy explained the situation (a fan donation, unsolicited), ANet restored her account; she deleted the relevant item; and ANet named a fractal NPC after Dulfy as a way of apologizing/thanking her for all her work for the community.

Still, there was no disagreement about what constituted an exploit or whether the donor violated the ToS.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Paulytnz.7619

Do, let’s forget it because it never happened.

You might be confusing Wooden Potatoes (a v-blogger) with Dulfy (a guide-site manager). Dulfy was indeed suspended for a period of time, because her account received goods from someone who had purchased gold from a Real Money Trader. At the time, ANet’s policy was to suspend both the account of the sender and of the receiver, while they worked out what happened. Once Dulfy explained the situation (a fan donation, unsolicited), ANet restored her account; she deleted the relevant item; and ANet named a fractal NPC after Dulfy as a way of apologizing/thanking her for all her work for the community.

Still, there was no disagreement about what constituted an exploit or whether the donor violated the ToS.

Actually I think you may be correct but not the way you think you are. I was sure it was WP who had posted a thread very early in the game and then had a link to a Youtube vid. I have searched for the source but it seems it was someone else, another blogger. If you would like the link send me a private message.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Fun detected; neutralization protocol initiated

On a closer look I was wrong, it’s just the same effect as in the Eir cinematic. The facial details are different, though the size and overall structure are the same. (Scroll up for the other poster’s image of the one from the trailer).

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Interesting, I guess.

But I can’t help but laugh at the byline: “The temperature in Tyria is rising, will we be consumed by the flames.” Seriously, I know the drama is for effect, but essentially if NOBODY plays the content, nothing at all bad will happen…anywhere. I guess that’s true in any game, but still…makes me chuckle.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Please, Zurker gear works with anything, what do you do when your fighting destroyers in PvE? I’m sure they’ll make them weak to water damage or something, just for you, if you can buy/make the mats for Ascended you can pay out the few gold for exotic gear for the story mission if you find it too hard.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Fire is mostly power damage, with burning thrown in for more damage. Eles where not that great VS Destroyers in GW1, in the same way most of the damage warriors did in GW1 was from server artery and gash I think it was, that lowered an enemy’s health by 20% if you hit a bleeding foe, that made warrior some what useless Vs undead/spirits in GW1 as they didn’t bleed.

in Living World

Paulytnz.7619

Interesting, I guess.

But I can’t help but laugh at the byline: “The temperature in Tyria is rising, will we be consumed by the flames.” Seriously, I know the drama is for effect, but essentially if NOBODY plays the content, nothing at all bad will happen…anywhere. I guess that’s true in any game, but still…makes me chuckle.

So true!

Queensdale will still have the same bandits attacking that poor farm and those same bears continuing to steal that honey…..

Zhaitan? Pffft he hides in a dungeon. Mordremoth? Pfffft he is a giant jungle with just us as fleas on his back and he is just to the side of our maps anyway, really what did he ever do!?

Any other dragons? Lol. Who cares Queensdale will forever be safe with only concerns of bandits and bears ever being a problem! :P

Please note, this is all nothing but humour and not an attack of any kind on the game or the story.