New Unlimited Pickaxe - Bone Pick

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wolfsergi.2537

Wolfsergi.2537

So there was some data-mined information about Anet adding a new unlimited pickaxe according to this http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1mkzp5/data_mining_upcoming_features_from_tequatl_rising/ my question to you guys is how do you guys feel about them adding the new unlimited skins so soon. Personaly im probaly gonna end up buying one since my main is a necro and hes a sucker for that type of stuff But i think not everyone will be doing this since majority of the ppl have a molten pickaxe already. I think it would be very cool of Anet to let us unbind the molten so at the very least we can give it to an alt. Discuss!

Posted by: BlizzShark.5410

BlizzShark.5410

I like it so i can buy it for my guardian …. but im kind sad for it to be sooooooooo soon

[PTF] BlizzShark | Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

They either need to make it account bound or add an item in the shop to lets us turn stuff account bound (soulbind on use) so we can char swap them.

More money for them right?

Kinda lame when you make a new char and/or abandon an old char and the soulbound stuff is just wasted.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I bought a molten pick for my main and probably would have bought the new one with for one of my alts except that I don’t play my alts anymore because they’re being left behind in the stat progression race (Ascended gear, Guard Leech and Applied Fortitude for WvW).

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I think it’s great that they’re offering these items

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

They either need to make it account bound or add an item in the shop to lets us turn stuff account bound (soulbind on use) so we can char swap them.

Kinda lame when you make a new char and/or abandon an old char and the soulbound stuff is just wasted.

Would be nice if they were account-bound, since they destroyed my warrior I would like to have sent my crap to my necromancer.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

If I could swap my old ‘unlimiteds’ to my alts, I’d very much like to get a ‘themed set’ for my main.

If not, then it’d just be another money grab and another reason for me to dislike ArenaNet.

Seriously, I’m all for the gemstore but I think they should be a lot more careful in how they bring things. Because when the wrong items are offered in the wrong way, it could cause a LOT of grief.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

The fact that so many things in this game make items soul bound is one reason why I will never pay attention to alts.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

… So much pun to make …

Personally I don’t mind them releasing new skins. If the animation is the only thing that differs then complaining by the people owning a molten pick would just be nitpicking.

However, if they are cheaper or gasp account bound, then yes, they would have a bone to pick with Anet.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Not sure when this is even coming. Halloween maybe? After the anniversary sale it does feel a bit soon. I’ll be buying 1. I only bought 1 pick last time so I feel ok about getting another. Those RNG dyes though…no thanks.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

They should bring an item into the store that allows us to make soulbound items into account bound items. A one use stone maybe. Then we could move them around to the toons they look more appropriate with and Anet still profits.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think it’s great they’re offering both new skins for these and a chance for those who missed out before to get them.

But I would really like to see an option to exchange existing Molten Mining Picks for the new one, and the same for any other skins which come in later.

I really don’t like the animation on the Molten Pick. I think it’s completely overblown and gets really annoying when you see it every time you’re mining. I bought the pick in spite of it for the convenience factor but had I known there would be another option so soon (I bought it during the Jubilee) I would have waited. Having seen the new animation in-game thanks to a bug that put it on the Molten pick I can definitely say I prefer this one.

I have to say this experience will put me off buying similar items in future unless I’m 100% sure I like every aspect of it. I don’t mean this as a threat to Anet or whatever, but I do think it’s worth them considering because I doubt I’m the only one to feel this way. If I find myself in a similar situation where I want an item but don’t like some aspect of it I will probably save my money and wait to see if a better version comes along rather than buying it.

In this case I think a good fix would be something similar to what they did with the finishers. (For the record this isn’t my idea, I copied it from another topic somewhere). They could convert the current picks into a basic infinite tool with no animation and a skin. Then when future ones come out you have the option of buying both or buying just the skin, and you can switch freely between any of the skins you’ve purchased. (Importantly the tool itself would still be soulbound and you’d still only have one per purchase, so this is not a masked request to get more tools for free.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am kind of sad about it. If I like the animation better then I just have to put my molten pick in the bank.. never to be used again. It would be better if there were a way to either use my pick on another character or let me pay a lower price to change the animation on my molten one.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Not sure why anyone would be mad about this.

But then again we know someone is going to have an issue about it (other than the accound bound stuff)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Would be nice if they were account-bound, since they destroyed my warrior I would like to have sent my crap to my necromancer.

LOL. Warrior has pretty much gotten nothing but buffs since release.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Maybe the ‘new’ animation everyone was experiencing with the Molten pickaxe is destined to be the animation for this new pickaxe?

Posted by: Serris.6874

Serris.6874

it’s more money for them when you need to buy the thing for every character again and again.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s a nice idea actually. It keeps the limited time appeal for the collectors but in terms of functionality, it remains the same for all.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I’m glad to see they are putting some new skins for the unlimited items. Will bring some variation. :P

Of course, a lot of people already bought the molten pick, especially when it was on sale again not too long ago. But people do love different skins, so imagine it’ll probably still sell quite a bit.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

it’s more money for them when you need to buy the thing for every character again and again.

That would be if it were actually available, and I would be glad to buy it for new chars.

But it’s not, so my new chars don’t get it, and Anet loses out.

Not to mention it’s more efficient to have perma 800 gem tools rather than paying 300-500 w/e gem cost to trade them around every time, especially when they’re discontinued.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

ooooo….a pick with unlimited uses that looks like a BONE?!?!?!?
shut up….do not take my money…if it was a multitool then i can see it, other than that i see it as a waste if you already had a tool, if not, even then whats a couple of silver for orichalcum.

Posted by: Darkness Commander.6417

Darkness Commander.6417

The bone pick is a very nice and efficient tool, use it all the time. For the ones who dont know what the Bone Pick is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTrR_crKuFo

Guild: Darkness Death Dealers
Server: Blacktide
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1K1BQIC

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

why would you necro a year old thread? let it stay dead.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds