New achievement interface: I don't like it

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

New layout is kinda nice. Old one was a bit easier to just scan through though. Its gonna take some getting used to.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

I really like the new layout. Just give it a few days and you’ll get used to it.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I like the new one. I can actually see the total required for each achievement rather than what’s at the next tier. The only gripe I have now is not being able to see past the next PvP rank.

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

new one is way better, looks nicer, and it actually shows which paths u have completed in dungeons. i like it

Now if they would only tell me the areas explored….. 174/175 Shiverpeaks kitten you!!

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

I like the categorization better – always got really tired of scrolling through huge lists of achievements to try to find specific ones. It also looks a lot sleeker. My main complaint with it is that the listed achievements just seem so much bigger than they really need to be.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I don’t hate the new one but the old one did not require as many clicks to find what you wanted.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

I don care what you like my dear princes and all dont care

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

The old one may of looked bland, but it was “at a glance” easier to see what is what.
First thing I thought when I saw this was someone`s given a two year old some glow in the dark crayons or this game is being made ready for windows 8 touch screen phones.
It looks garish & cringeworthy.

P.S. Why the achievements watch? Does this mean they`re going to finally get rid of that crap top right?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Joshua Valentine.6417

Joshua Valentine.6417

It’s like downgrading from Windows XP to Windows 8.

Grumpy Woodsman.
Jade Quarry Forever.

Posted by: JackSlate.8450

JackSlate.8450

I do like the new interface. The only thing that is bothering me that I can no longer see the uncompleted Achievements from the older Living Stories.
Also, the Laurels count doesn’t really fit.

(edited by JackSlate.8450)

Posted by: Lyskaria.2145

Lyskaria.2145

I likely just need to get used to it, but right now I honestly prefer the old one. It was cleaner, less cluttered and it didn’t have bright neon green filling up a cell to resemble a progress bar. The categories are fine in my opinion, but I do have an issue with achievements now being displayed in rows of 2. I prefer having to scroll more and have each line dedicated to 1, not 2, achievements.

To be honest I usually adjust to stuff like that very quickly, but this one is proving difficult. It’s making my brain’s information processing go wild right now. XD And I reiterate: all that neon green!

Will Ranger forever.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I like most of it. The only thing that really bothers me is the categories. There’s not really any need for them, they just make it harder to find a particular achievement because where before you just had to remember which list it was in you now need to remember the category as well.

It’s annoying that they don’t stay open as well. Sometimes I look at the achievement panel a lot, like when I’m working on dailies or using it as a checklist for new Living Story content. Admittedly it only takes a few sections to click through to the right list, but it’s annoying to have to do it every single time I want to look at something. I suppose I could put the entire list of achievements into the watch list, but again that feels like an awkward work-around for a problem that shouldn’t have been introduced to begin with.

It also bothers me that some of the achievements – the Personal Story ones in particular – were in a specific order that showed you the progression from one to the next and now they’re a jumbled mess and it’s much harder to work out what you’ve done and what’s still left to do. It would be nice if they could add an option to sort them into their original order as well as the current options.

Oh, and it would also be nice if it would remember what order we’d picked instead of constantly reverting back to completion order.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: viennapleads.1784

viennapleads.1784

I’ll never be truly happy with it until they give me a way to track which jumping puzzles I’ve done for the puzzle monthly. :/

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I’m of two minds: I like the new features of the new interface (impending completions, etc); but I HATE that they went to the new trendy thing all game devs are doing where we have to make everything BIGGER AND MORE BUTTON-MASHABLE. Since when is big and clunky good UI design? I guess we gotta let them all follow one another until they get it out of their system.

Overall, I like the functional changes, but dislike the aesthetic ones.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

+1, me neither.

• It only tries to make an illusion of more content, since the separation would make them tiny.
  • The separation was ok btw.
  • The ordering of displayed watched progression is a complete mess now. It should be long for multiple tracking (15 instead of 5), and should have order options for A→Z, %, + by team
Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

hard to move around, also pls put back the feature 1. goes back to last location on achvmt tab when next time opening it. 2. the total number of achvmt points from the group, eg. pvp 340. explorer 440.

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

The old list was clean, elegant, and easy to scan.

The additional categories were unnecessary. They only made the list 10 items longer and requires additional clicking to navigate to the category you want. Some categories only have a single sub-category anyways.

The individual achievement “list” is now a zigzag of icons. This makes it more difficult to scan and compare differences. The long progress bar also showed more detailed progression.

Finally, the icons only show the titles of the achievements, not what you need to do. You have hover over the icon. The old one showed the task to complete without an additional action.

Overall, the interface requires far more actions from the user to get the same amount of information.

Just wanted to post the same thing. Excess scrolling and clicking sucks.
Also while they r at it they might as well add an option to auto remove completed achievements from the watch list.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I think the achievement interface is actually good. Probably the best thing of this patch.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Bil.6354

Bil.6354

Raine, goldenwing and Pixelpumpkin pretty much said what i have to say about this.
I am more the table/numbers processing guy, so the new ui makes it harder for me to get the informations at glance.

I only want to add: Please give a option to display the remaining time in weeks/days/hours/minutes/seconds, 494:20:45 (hours/minutes/seconds) simply looks odd to me. Btw it would be nice to have a timer for the temporary content too.

Vote for more options how to display and sort the achievement ui: old/new, big/small, finished/to do…

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

The old one was incredibly disorganized, I prefer this version.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Old one was cleaner, easier to read and browse.

New one has more eye handy, but hurts eyes to read (I have a professional, properly calibrated Eizo display) and makes things more difficult to find.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I like the new one for aesthetics, but the old one was easier (for me) to use. As an example, when i used to click on a daily achievement on the right side of my screen I was greeted with the entire daily listing so as to see things I had left to do. The new one only gives me the progress of the one I just clicked on until I click a back button.

As nitpicky as this may sound, it was what I got used to and IMO any interface that makes you now click your mouse twice as much as before is a step backwards.

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

This one looks better, but the old one was more user friendly

I agree with this.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I like the sorting on the new one, but I find the individual ‘plackets’ on achievements a bit too large on the new one. I’d prefer if they smaller so you could see more at a glance.

Otherwise I don’t particularly mind.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Posted by: kaipa.2430

kaipa.2430

I agree with OP. Old interfaz was better.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I personally don’t like it. Seems to have too much un-needed information.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m with the OP. The new panel has more pop, more flair. But it’s less user friendly and isn’t nearly as tidy as the old panel.

One thing I always want is for the achievement panel to open up to the last panel I was on. If I open up my panel to look at my Living Story status, then close it, play a bit, and reopen it to get an update, I’m defaulted to a sorta “home screen.” I’d rather it take me back to where I was last…the Living Story panel.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)