New achievement reward skins?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Q:

With the top players closing in on 17k achievement points, I’m beginning to wonder…

Will new armor skins will be added to continue the trend of players receiving armor skins every 3,000 achievement points?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I think there might be more pressing challenges that the teams at ANet have to solve than just some cosmetic gear, they cannot make any profit with.

It will be implemented as soon as a fair amount of players have reached the point it is worth spending dev time on it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Radiant/Hellfire Warhelms come at 18,000 points, Zenith weapon skins continue until 23,000 points…after that, (unless a change is implemented), it is unknown at this time.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m going to have to say that I hope not. While it would be cool to finish the Hellfire/Radiant armors, I’m less enthused by the prospect of making more armor (a frequently requested feature) only to have it locked behind a 26,000 AP barrier. If the most dedicated achievement-hunters are only just now getting to 17,000 , I think it’s safe to say that an enormous number of players won’t reach half that many, which makes it seem like a bit of a waste of resources to develop more armor pieces just to use as AP prizes.

If they did add more armor pieces to round out the set, I think I’d rather see them integrated back into the current range, even if that means high-achievers get them retroactively, rather than as something to strive for. Seems like it would be healthier for the game in general to encourage those at moderate achievement levels to keep hunting than to put out a new carrot exclusively for the top x%.

Actually, on second thought, can you imagine someone decked out in a full suit of Radiant armor? MY EYES. I already hear the odd complain about legendary weapons being too flashy, but a suit of Radiant would be insane.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Correction, the helms are at 9K. I’m past 8500 now, so I can easily see my next chest rewards. Are you sure anyone’s at 17K? I’ve been playing since launch on a regular basis and while I haven’t chased every achieve out there, I’ve sure got a lot of them. Yet I’m at 8500+.

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

Assuming points at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement are fairly accurate. The total possible excluding dailies is 10432 (yes, I included the impossible to get WvW points). Top NA players have over 16000.

Even with the recent flood of points from living story, over 50% of all points possible come from dailies/monthlies. If they continue issuing rewards near the top scale of points, people who start later won’t have much chance to get them.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Correction, the helms are at 9K. I’m past 8500 now, so I can easily see my next chest rewards. Are you sure anyone’s at 17K? I’ve been playing since launch on a regular basis and while I haven’t chased every achieve out there, I’ve sure got a lot of them. Yet I’m at 8500+.

The first helm is at 9k. At 18k, players get access to the other helm, the one they didn’t choose. They get a few more Zenith weapon skin picks after that, with the last one at 23k.

As for knowing where the top players are, there are official leaderboards.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’d prefer they improve the shoulders for light and medium first. They really look stupid ATM.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Currently players earn an armor skin every 3k points, up to 18k (since there are only 6 total). That means 21k is going to be the first point where there aren’t available armor skins where there would be if the trend continues.

As of now, the highest AP is 17413 by Dyne Tianjin.8605 of Blackgate. At the current rate that the top players are earning AP, Anet has about 2.5 months before something needs to be implemented.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson