New "bass" guitar sounds nothing like a bass

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So I just bought the new Bass guitar from the store and I’m a little miffed.

It sounds like an Organ! It sounds nothing like a bass guitar and is incredibly unresponsive. I’m a bass player in my spare time so as you can imagine I was extremely disappointed when I purchased this. I was really hoping for an actual bass sound.

I understand ArenaNet want to put a certain “charr” take on it, but as I said it sounds like an Organ, not a bass guitar. Compare this to the other instruments and they actually sound quite a bit like what they’re supposed to be.

Regarding the responsiveness it should really be on the same level as the Lute but it isn’t. I’m sitting on relatively low ping and it’s incredibly unresponsive.

What’s up ANet? Usually your sound team is great and I always look forward to the new instruments but this time you guys really fell short.

noice

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

I agree. I just bought the Bass Guitar last night and instantly wanted a refund as it sounds terrible and nothing like a bass guitar.

The bass guitar can’t even hold notes so you can forget about playing most music with it and if you try play any fast songs its useless as there is a cool down after you press a key.

Is there any way of getting a refund for the Bass Guitar? Since its not as advertised and is generally terrible?

(edited by Victuswolf.5286)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree. I just bought the Bass Guitar last night and instantly wanted a refund as it sounds terrible and nothing like a bass guitar.

The bass guitar can’t even hold notes so you can forget about playing most music with it and if you try play any fast songs its useless as there is a cool down after you press a key.

Is there any way of getting a refund for the Bass Guitar? Since its not as advertised and is generally terrible?

You’ll have to contact support and ask them that, telling them why you are dissatisfied.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

The harp is the only one that seems to have any kind of responsiveness.

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

I agree with all of you, I’m pretty bummed about this. Spent 800 gems on an item assuming it would atleast sound like a bass and have 3 octaves like a bass should, it’s pretty much impossible to come up with songs to play because there is no variation in the sound, it’s just low and lower, there is no higher octave for playing songs like Orion from Metallica (mm dat sweet double tap melody R.I.P Cliff Burton)

Please A-net for the love of music and music lovers all around Tyria, consider updating the bass, get rid of that rusty tin-can organ texture to the sound and another higher octave <3. If no response I’ll be asking for a refund, I really enjoy the musical instruments you give us and it’s a nice touch to the game but please do it right

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

Bumping musical bass instrument related threads for the justice of musicians.
\o/ Refund/Improve or RIOT! \o/

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i bought the bass. and yeah, its dirty sounds remind me of grunge. but for sure they can make it cleaner. but if not, im still ok with it.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

If I’m understanding this correctly, the consensus seems to be it is not, in fact, all about that?

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

It sounds nothing like a bass, but I found I can make melodies with it by spamming notes and going into the next note and spamming it. Amazing Grace sounds pretty mean on it :p

“The hype is real.”

alcopaul.2156

you dont play melody of songs on a bass. you play basslines.

i can play the bassline of “with or without you” by u2. or dont stop believing.

Posted by: TehFicus.6189

TehFicus.6189

The issue at this point is not whether or not you can create things on it, it doesn’t sound like a bass, more like a synth. I understand that it is supposed to be unique to the Charr, but I still feel as if it would be better if it sounded a bit more bassy. On a different note does anyone know how they actually got the sound for it?

alcopaul.2156

its sounds like bass that passed through an overdrive stomp box with lil distortion. it’s ok.

i know people are wanting the clean bass sounds. but if it doesnt get updated to that, it’s fine with me.

and my character looks like a rockstar with it.

Attachments:

Posted by: TehFicus.6189

TehFicus.6189

Maybe, has anyone tested the sync function yet? Maybe it works well with the other instruments.

I do admit it looks awesome

Attachments:

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

I’ve tried to enjoy this instrument but is just really horrible. It doesn’t sound anything like a bass, it has no pitch variation, and it doesn’t have any kind of flow because of the cooldowns and lack of note extending.

It’s just awful.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!