New champ train [in development]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

So I was in Gendarran Fields. My results are:

Champion Warbiest respawn time: 6 min
Champion Spider Queen respawn time: 12 min (respawn of eggs required to be destroyed to spawn her)
Champion Troll respawn time: 8 min
Champion Centaur respawn time: 12 min

I did not include the champs in provern crypt, as getting there probably kills 2/3 of the train =) What could the rotation be regarding these 4 champs (including at least 2 minutes of travelling+defeating)?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I’ve seen several champ trains trying to form throughout multiple zones lately, which is a good thing. It’s no longer limited to Queensdale now.

Lanhelin.3480

Unfortunately I’m not that good at math, as too much numbers irritate me more than I’m able to keep cool about, but to calculate the optimal rotation, I can contribute some respawn times. QD was destroyed by developers, yes. But champ train can still be alive in higher zones. It’s about us to find a new rotation (until it gets nerfed again, maybe). That’s all.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Kessex hills is good to get champs – the Toxic Spider Queen spawns often enough and near the Alchemist, that there’s no need for a CPH (Champs Per Hour) run in circles – you just go as often as someone shouts a champ, and because it’s not CPH based, nobody gets irate in map chat when a champ is killed.

Trying to set things in an order is not guaranteed, so should not be heavily relied upon anyway, and that’s why the Champ Train in QD had to go, because it was made ‘a rule’ that it should be done this way or that way, and other players were wrong because it was messing up the “correct” order of things. There is no order to the champs in Kessex, and that’s better for everyone.

My opinion of course.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Lanhelin.3480

Kessex is another option. I’m (we are) interested in a rota there too – if it exists.

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

1) Warbeast
2) Centaur
3) Troll
4) Warbeast
5) Spider Queen
6) Wait for Warbeast and repeat.

That’s the best I can come up with, and it assumes that it takes 2 minutes to complete each champ. Even if it takes less time per champ, worst case scenario is that the longest wait time will be waiting for the Warbeast to respawn. I’m also assuming that summoning the Spider Queen takes longer than the other champs, which could conceivably reduce the wait time between 5 and 6.

Take this for what it’s worth. Someone might be able to come up with something better.

(edited by TChalla.7146)

Lanhelin.3480

I tried it, but Centaur didn’t work. maybe there is an event pre, I don’t know. Otherwise your rota is pretty good.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Kessex hills is good to get champs – the Toxic Spider Queen spawns often enough and near the Alchemist, that there’s no need for a CPH (Champs Per Hour) run in circles – you just go as often as someone shouts a champ, and because it’s not CPH based, nobody gets irate in map chat when a champ is killed.

Trying to set things in an order is not guaranteed, so should not be heavily relied upon anyway, and that’s why the Champ Train in QD had to go, because it was made ‘a rule’ that it should be done this way or that way, and other players were wrong because it was messing up the “correct” order of things. There is no order to the champs in Kessex, and that’s better for everyone.

My opinion of course.

^^^^Agreed.

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

posting it here = big mistake

#ELEtism

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Now you’re going to have the TP flippers and so called skilled elitists crying to shut down all trains.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I feel like this was probably a healthy change. Having high level players disproportionately running around farming champions in starter zones really isn’t good for the game.

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Prophecy (sort of):
Set respawn timer for all champions in areas under level 40 to 30 minutes or make them veterans/elites in areas under level 40 like it happened with the last update. Some things should not be posted on the offical forum. Sometimes “they” read it too and react, if you catch my drift.
/cynism off

Keep the trains alive, especially in the high level areas or normally deserted maps.
Lots of those areas between 40 and 60 are totally deserted except when guild missions or special events are up. Those maps could benefit from an influx of players.
It just was a mistake to build them up on starter areas in the first place for several reasons.

P.s. nope that was no sarcasm.

Edit: typo

(edited by Thareen.5471)

Lanhelin.3480

So new train in Gendarran Fields might be

Warbiest
Troll
Spider
Warbeast
Centaur
Troll
Warbiest, aso.

pretty much to remember. Kessex is another option, but no rota described yet, just toxic spider (which spawns every 4 minutes or so).

What about the other 15-25 and 25-35 Zones, Diessa and so on? No rota there? Unbelievable^^ At least in Diessa I know the Champ Worm requires the collection pre event to be completed to spawn.

Lanhelin.3480

ANet is not against player driven strategies in a whole. They nerfed the champs in the starter areas, but left all other champs as they were.

Today I was in QD with a fresh toon and the chat was much more newbie oriented than it was before. This is and should be absolutely ok. Actually it’s nice to have a conversation with a newbie without being interrupted by train issues all the time.

But the champ train wasn’t made impossible, there are other maps where it can happen. I enjoy participating the train from time to time myself, for the loot or just for the mmo feeling in the open world as open PvE is the major part why I play GW2. It’s just about us to find new ways.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

u forgot the champion pirate captain

Lanhelin.3480

yeah, please fill him into the rota and post it.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

am interested……..overall not a fun thing, but was super-convenient in FGS and QD to rip through monthlies or level up an alt. would love a regular train to start in Gen or Kessex (preferably Kessex).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

ANet is not against player driven strategies in a whole. They nerfed the champs in the starter areas, but left all other champs as they were.

Today I was in QD with a fresh toon and the chat was much more newbie oriented than it was before. This is and should be absolutely ok. Actually it’s nice to have a conversation with a newbie without being interrupted by train issues all the time.

But the champ train wasn’t made impossible, there are other maps where it can happen. I enjoy participating the train from time to time myself, for the loot or just for the mmo feeling in the open world as open PvE is the major part why I play GW2. It’s just about us to find new ways.

Just because they haven’t hit the others now doesn’t mean they won’t or that it’s an indication they’re fine with player driven strategies.

It took this long to get to QD.

Lanhelin.3480

FGS remained untouched and the train can still be found there. The patch just changed things in the 1-15 areas. So the QD fugitives try to find another map and viable rota in the 15+ zones. Gendarran is just an example, as champs there spawn pretty close and ~fast.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Just because they haven’t hit the others now doesn’t mean they won’t or that it’s an indication they’re fine with player driven strategies.

agree…..but ultimately, its up to us. every nerf to farming events was stemmed by “real” or “perceived” toxic behavior between farmers and those trying to complete the event. thats why an event like Melandru temple doesn’t get nerfed……it’s timed. “defend-from-mass-mob-events” should always be timed….because its in the farmer and non-farmer’s interest to succeed.

i saw a decent amount of venom spewed at those who wouldn’t farm claw of jormag (pre-loot nerf….it was an amazing farm), but saw very little during champ trains in QD (it was just so easy to go to the next champ, that there was really no reason to get mad). both were nerfed due to player argument (real or perceived…i certainly wouldn’t claim my experience to represent the norm).

as long as farmers don’t try to force others to play as they do, the farm will likely survive…..as long as the farm doesn’t prevent winning.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Lanhelin.3480

Yeah, it doesn’t mean they won’t. But they easily could if they want so. Because it’s ANet who knows best about what’s going on in their MMO I guess. It’s not us, it’s them. We will never be able to discover “secrets” and if we do so, it’s a bug/exploit and gets patched soon.

Destroying champ trains in starter areas, but leaving champs in other areas untouched is an indication that trains are considered no problem as they are still possible to organize and participate. The intention to make the initial experiences easier in starter areas is nothing to wonder about. This happened and happens in all MMOs.

It would be another thing if ANet made all open world champs vets and move champs just to dungeons exclusively. But the Open World is one major part of ANet’s game design for GW2, so I guess champs will remain and will stay “trainable”.