New class incoming...?

New class incoming...?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

I looked in the wardrobe voult recently and found a “Destroyer Scythe”. Is this some form of teassing for a new class/weapon or just another skin for staff named “Scythe” that haven’t been released yet.

New class incoming...?

Posted by: Astraea.2981

Astraea.2981

I looked in the wardrobe voult recently and found a “Destroyer Scythe”. Is this some form of teassing for a new class/weapon or just another skin for staff named “Scythe” that haven’t been released yet.

It’s just a staff skin.

New class incoming...?

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

If you look at the weapon again, you should see that the weapon is under a specific category. I doubt there’s a scythe weapon category.

New class incoming...?

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I also noticed there were often two different skins for spears, spearguns and tridents for certain weapon families (Krytan for instance).

New class incoming...?

Posted by: Aileird.6510

Aileird.6510

Can’t a necro use a scythe? It has been a month or two since I played mine. But I remember having a staff that was something scythe.

New class incoming...?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Can’t a necro use a scythe? It has been a month or two since I played mine. But I remember having a staff that was something scythe.

Well there was the skin from the first Halloween that was an actual scythe, but it was a staff skin. There is the skill of a Necro that does put the black “blade” on the staff that kinda makes any staff look like a scythe (though really temporary).

To OP, what section did you find the skin in? Weapons are broken down in weapon type categories, so unless there is some new scythe category, it must have just been just a staff.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

New class incoming...?

Posted by: OrcishFury.1058

OrcishFury.1058

Well there’s Final Rest, which also looks like a scythe but is an actual staff.

New class incoming...?

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

You might have mistaken it for the scythe visual effect. All necromancers have a misty black scythe blade appear as an effect when they use their staff spells.

New class incoming...?

Posted by: Aileird.6510

Aileird.6510

You might have mistaken it for the scythe visual effect. All necromancers have a misty black scythe blade appear as an effect when they use their staff spells.

You are probably correct. It has been a while.