New class

New class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

I didn’t know where to really post this to get ideas from everyone, so I decided here seed like the best place. So I was thinking of what a new class could possibly be, and realized two things. 1) There are only two heavy armor classes, so the next class wil (hopefully) be heavy 2) Each armor type has a class with no weapons swapping, but rather different modes, so again this will hopefully be implemented in any new class.

So combining these I came up with a few unique ideas.
1) Samurai: They use short bows and swords. Knowing that samurai a only utilize one thin sword, I felt it would be a cool mechanic if they used one handed swords in one hand but had a full 5 skills. This and they could have different “stances” which they could use with both the SB and the sword.
2) Arab based class: again, using swords and bows but also axes, and too have different stances.
3) Walker/Wanderer: Walker use blunt weapons to inflict knock out blows on their enemies. They wear heavy armor and switch between day and night/light and dark, and eclipse/equilibrium, to provide a utility of skills for them to bash in their enemies skulls

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

New class

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I was thinking of something like a “Dark Knight” of sorts. Almost like an anti-guardian. To follow suit with the way the other armor classes work, this new profession wouldn’t be able to swap weapons.

NSPride <3

New class

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

introduce a new heavy class with new weapons which may or may not add another class for each armor grade or may just add more weapon choices to the ones already there however I would honestly think it deserved to receive another heavy with no weapon swap option instead having either like you said different stances or perhaps like the gaurdian instead attuning to lost gods/powerful beings ie Dhuum Shiro Turai and Togo this would possibly allow the use of a pole-arm like a scythe instead of it being a weapon skin being that I’m sure many of us miss the Dervish

Edit: I said Shiro and Dhuum because well Dhuum was the original keeper of the underworld and was overthrown by Grenth. Shiro wasn’t a bad person at first but he did give into pulling this from kingdom hearts the darkness in his heart that made him act as he did because of the fortune teller. Personally I do not think the Emperor would have harmed Shiro but I could be wrong.

(edited by TheJokester.4672)

New class

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I want my Paragon back. They obviously still exist, because Miyani is a Sunspear Paragon.

New class

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Suggestions may have been a better option

I’m still going with a heavy class that draws it’s power from the dragon’s (we know other things draw power from the dragons), it’s a bit of an anti-hero class that could be interesting storywise….only issue is mechanics, with 6 elder dragons having a mechanic like ele would be overkill so it would have to be more like engineer kits but then it’s kind of an overlap really…dunno

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

New class

Protoavis.9107

I want my Paragon back. They obviously still exist, because Miyani is a Sunspear Paragon.

paragon is just a warrior or guardian with a spear, both can easily buff the party (like a paragon) it’s just a case of dyes and getting spear weapons added.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

New class

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

paragon is just a warrior or guardian with a spear, both can easily buff the party (like a paragon) it’s just a case of dyes and getting spear weapons added.

well spears used for throwing on Terra vs aquatic stabbing I would still love to see the option to beseech Dhuum for power/knowledge I had a strong bond in the torment with my dervish voltaic spear eternal blade dhuums soul reaper and tormented shields/scythe with obby armor haha she lived in the underworld and the Realm of Torment

New class

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Re-Samurais: for reference sake, the Katana was technically part of a category of swords technically called the “Hand-and-a-half sword.” What this means is that it could be wielded in either a single hand, or in two hands. Most commonly it was wielded with a Katana Main-handed, and a Wakizashi (Short-sword) off-handed.

So technically if the Samurai were introduced, it would use at the very least the Yumi of either the Hankyuu or the Daikyuu type or a Shortbow & Longbow, the Oodachi or Greatsword, and the Katana/Wakizashi combo or Sword/Dagger Combo.

It could arguably use other weapons, but those are the only ones I can think of that are traditional Japanese Weapons that are currently available in the game at the current time and wouldn’t require re-coding the entire game to accommodate them.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

(edited by An Siorai Tharian.4516)

New class

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Of course the Samurai was also simply the eastern version of the Knight so dont expect to see it .

New class

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Of course the Samurai was also simply the eastern version of the Knight so dont expect to see it .

Actually the Samurai and the Knight have very different background to them. And while the Guardian is indeed very fitting for the background usually associated with Medieval Europe which is mostly what Tyria is based on… the Samurai would be far more fitting flavor wise for a campaign set in Cantha. That is all I will say on that topic.

And really, the Guardian and Warrior do not fit the mold usually associated with a Samurai at all whatsoever. For one thing, the Guardian can’t use Bow’s of any sort. And the Warrior can’t use a Longbow either, which is a staple of Shinto Religion.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA

New class

Protoavis.9107

And the Warrior can’t use a Longbow either, which is a staple of Shinto Religion.

errr…you might want to check that

New class

An Siorai Tharian.4516

huh… I could have sworn….

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA

New class

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Hate to rain on your parade folks but Anet devs have said they are happy with 8 classes, which they believe cover all bases.

So no new classes any time soon, the next year or three…