New content?

New content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Feature update is very solid and good made.
But, seriously? Last time we saw new content update at March 4… 2 months wihtout content is too much.
So, when will we see Living story season 2 or something like it?

New content?

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

If they don’t scrap Megaservers, there will be none left to play Season 2.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

New content?

Posted by: Misterdeeply.8764

Misterdeeply.8764

Please let them handle the things with the megaservers first!

New content?

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

Yea if that ‘content’ could be permanent, that’d be great!

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

New content?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It might not be until after the China release.

Kind of funny, people were clamoring that content was released too quickly. Now, not fast enough.

I do miss our bi-weekly updates. China release can not come too soon for me. =)

New content?

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Frankly I can wait a few more months if it meant SOLID permanent content with new zones opening up. The LS was a decent experiment but ultimately a failure…

New content?

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

Frankly I can wait a few more months if it meant SOLID permanent content with new zones opening up. The LS was a decent experiment but ultimately a failure…

And the design work is needed at other places in the game more desperately than 1 more year of LS without class/feature/balance updates etc.

New content?

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Are you kidding?
2 weeks content update transformed into 2 month without it and you are happy?

New content?

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

I’m sorry to say but for now they need to patch the feature patch, content can be rolled out later once the megaserver and trait aquistion fiasco is resolved.

New content?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’d rather have updates every 3-week, not 2-week.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

New content?

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

They definitely need to polish this megaservers thing before focusing on new content. Player left, players are leaving and no amount of new content will bring them back if the systems remain the same, where you can’t team up with your guild mates or even join on those partied with.

New content?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Until they remove the mega servers they probably shouldn’t add new content.

Once they reverse those then they will need to act quickly to get new content into the game. Other MMO’s can release content every 3 months because they add in progression with large amounts of PERMANENT content. GW2 needs to keep up a 2 week release schedule because they introduce mostly gem store items with one or two temporary zerg events that go away after 2 weeks.

New content?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The LS was not a failure. It kept a lot of people engaged with GW2. Even now, people are wanting the second season to start. Just because you didn’t like it, doesn’t mean it was a failure. There are many examples of how the LS succeeded.

New content?

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

I will admit, I want some actual content to come out. This wait has been painful and the lack of communication from Arena Net in regards to any of the issues raised by the community and the lack of information as to more content is frustrating.

I’m sure they’re tired of hearing us complain about more content, but this is what happens when you commit to not releasing expansions and insisting on the two weeks Living Story releases. It means we become dependent and expect content at a certain pace. When you suddenly strip that away with no word for months on when/if there will be more, you frustrate and enrage your passionate fanbase.

(edited by Moderator)

New content?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Feature update is very solid and good made.
But, seriously? Last time we saw new content update at March 4… 2 months wihtout content is too much.
So, when will we see Living story season 2 or something like it?

Rumor: Scarlett lives, and shes behind the megaserver debacle.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

New content?

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

This thread was not opened to discuss MegaServers from what I understand. I thought the thread for that would be the following:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Guild-World-Events-Megaservers-WvW/

I don’t think we will get any news for a update until next week.

I think they may thinking about going back to the 2nt Tuesday of every month patch for content to tie us over then release a expansion every once in a while. I honestly don’t think they know yet what direction they want to take. I am sure it is highly debated.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

New content?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Living story herding with Megaserver enabled? No thanks.
At least before it was an option to not be in a swarm of people condensed into an unenjoyable zerg fest, but now it’s mandatory, I don’t care if they release new content at all in PvE. Whats the point? My contributions mean nothing and a zerg will carry everyone through content. Theres no option to do stuff on quieter servers with smaller teams for a challenge. With this kind of population herding during Living story theres very little chances I’m even going to be with the people I want to be to begin with. Guild missions are already proving this doesn’t work like they said. If we have to taxi and have people miss out on guild missions because this system doesn’t work and people aren’t on the same maps……then I have zero faith I’d do any living story with people I want without it being a hassle.

New content?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

My personal answer is: I prefer to wait another month to have megaservers sorted out, mesmer’s 30+ bugged skills fixed, some QoL features finally added (see both of threads in my signature) – and only after that I will be happy to see content and play it without raging for every persisting bug and to finally support the game for their good work. Again, my experience shows that at this stage developers will not be able to handle both old and new bugs which come with new content – and that’s exactly the reason they took a month off for a “feature pack” which basically put a new face on several old features, made overflows obligatory and fixed a small amount of bugs.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Moderator)

New content?

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I can confirm that guesting will effect the shard you get put on. I have tested it myself.

But that is not what this thread is about.

I do agree however that they need to get the MegaServer situation figured out before they release the new living story.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by Moderator)

New content?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

This game needs solid permanent content, not some crappy Season 2 of temporary content that no one cares about after 5 hours post-premiere.

Hope the devs’ learnt from their mistakes.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

New content?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

This game needs solid permanent content, not some crappy Season 2 of temporary content that no one cares about after 5 hours post-premiere.

Hope the devs’ learnt from their mistakes.

Actually i think that WvW seasons and LS are great addition to the game.I love to farm achievements,titles or some kind reward.What i don’t like is that we don’t have more permanent content added.On that point i agree with you.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

New content?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

My personal answer is: I prefer to wait another month to have megaservers sorted out,

My guess is that it will be an ongoing process as they refine things and continue to collect metrics. It won’t all be sorted in a month, although I think we can expect some refinements in that time.

mesmer’s 30+ bugged skills fixed,

I am sure Mesmer’s are not alone, that being said it’s going to take time. I know that isn’t an answer the community at large wants but bug fixes especially if there are 30+ of them per class or perhaps even in just this case is going to take time to track down and sort out. In the mean time I want new content to play through. I want them to be able to work on fixes and provide that content.

some QoL features finally added (see both of threads in my signature)

We just got a feature patch. How likely do you think it is we’ll see another one sometime soon? How long would it take to see those 150 or at least a marginal fraction of those tested and implemented?

and only after that I will be happy to see content and play it without raging for every persisting bug and to finally support the game for their good work. Again, my experience shows that at this stage developers will not be able to handle both old and new bugs which come with new content – and that’s exactly the reason they took a month off for a “feature pack” which basically put a new face on several old features, made overflows obligatory and fixed a small amount of bugs.

They’ve been working on this feature patch for months. Taking a month off is not nearly enough time to fix everything above. I wish it was, but it simply isn’t. And I am not speaking just about GW2 but almost any MMO I can think about…

This is not to say that your concerns, and desires aren’t valid. That your opinion on the matter isn’t valid. But, how many players would be patient enough to wait another 3 months for new content while all this was fixed and those 150 features added to the game? By 3 months (a number I made up) is probably too small even then.

New content?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

KOPPER, I was mostly being off topic here and that was not the right place for the discussion, so to end it, I’ll just say that I as a player would really prefer to have, say, another month to have everything sorted out before releasing new content on an unstable system as I do not think they will be able to handle both at the same time.

20 level 80s and counting.

New content?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It doesn’t matter at this point, asking about or talking about what the issue might be and why players don’t think they can handle new content is not allowed. It’s not nearly as off topic as they are making it seem.