New content just not that interesting?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I’m slightly confused with the latest updates. Not just the newest one, but most of the recent content patches.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t find Ascended amulets to be something I am compelled to grind for. And the minis and the tonic are absurdly priced for being so frivolous.

When this game came out, I was excited. I saw the mystic forge and I saw the chance for amazing new recipes, cool new weapons, new armors, new craftable items, so forth.
I saw the option for tons of new skins and new legendaries.

Instead, fractals came out. It is fun, no doubt, but the only real rewards are a chance at fractal weapons and new back items, some of which are insanely hard to fully upgrade.

No new armor pieces, no new weapons besides the fractals set. The only new forge recipe was a few back skins and upgrade recipes.

Then came this update. Although the quality of life patches are nice, the main new item is the amulets. Why would I work diligently to get an item that makes me slightly stronger, one you can’t even see or show off? There’s just no “wow” factor to it, it’s so meh.

Once again, no new armor, no new weapons, just one new back item skin.

I don’t know about everyone else who plays, but I play MMOs to gear up in COOL gear. To find rare skins and armors that make people go “Oh wow! Where does that drop/How did you craft that?” Legendaries are a good example.

But all of these latest patches are simply accessories! It’s just hard to get excited grinding for something no one will see or even know I have!

And I think many players like myself were hoping for class balancing, but we received very little. In my eyes, this is URGENT, much more urgent than new ascended items or riding brooms and other fluff. Several classes still have serious problems.

In my opinion, the things this game desperately needs more than anything is:

-Class balancing
-Bug fixes
-New armor skins
-New weapon skins
-Unique new recipes for MF and crafting (ones that produce unique skins, not just new stat combos.)

Anyone else agree? I just feel these new ascended accessories are not going to drive me to log on and work for them. I want new skins! weapons and armors and recipes to make them!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Totally agree, sadly many cant see too far in front of their faces…I’m not seeing much need to continue playing with yet another grind (Laurels) and terrible loot drops still prolific in open world..

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Yeah i know right if i cant pretend im rich and have a game hand me everything on a nice shiny golden plater for free, I shouldnt have to actualy play the game or put out any effert for rewards i should just be able to grind nothing but trash mobs and get all exotics and rares than sell them on thea trading post ((theres no way thay would be worthless right) than get millions and millions of gold just for the sake of haveing it /s

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Yeah i know right if i cant pretend im rich and have a game hand me everything on a nice shiny golden plater for free, I shouldnt have to actualy play the game or put out any effert for rewards i should just be able to grind nothing but trash mobs and get all exotics and rares than sell them on thea trading post ((theres no way thay would be worthless right) than get millions and millions of gold just for the sake of haveing it /s

That’s not what I said at all. I didn’t want those things HANDED to me, I want more options. More recipes, more things to craft.

There’s literally no interesting MF recipes for rifles, and only a handful of greatswords.

This isn’t even a rage thread or anything. Just my opinions on the direction of patches.

I’m saying laurels should be able to exchanged for new armor skins and weapon skins or new recipes on top of new accessories.

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

I wouldn’t hold your breath, you’re probably not going to get new armor skins until an expansion.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This game has tons of stuff out for a game that’s less than six months old. I played Rift for the first six months and the armor was dreadful. They didn’t have different dungeon sets for each dungeon. They didn’t have cultural armor to speak of. Everything looked like your starter gear. Stuff will come. That’s it.

If you’re not patient enough to wait for it, go play another game, until more stuff is released. It’s not like you’re paying a monthly fee to play, after all. It’s not like you can’t pick it up again in six months when there’s a ton of stuff to do.

This game, in my opinion, was released early because they wanted to get it out before a certain competing game was released, and Anet has been playing catchup ever since. This happens with just about every MMO. It comes out, a few months later, people say there’s not enough to do, a year later, there’s more to do. I’ve never seen an MMO that hasn’t had this problem.

UnderdogSMO.9428

That’s not what I said at all. I didn’t want those things HANDED to me, I want more options. More recipes, more things to craft.

There’s literally no interesting MF recipes for rifles, and only a handful of greatswords.

This isn’t even a rage thread or anything. Just my opinions on the direction of patches.

I’m saying laurels should be able to exchanged for new armor skins and weapon skins or new recipes on top of new accessories.

. Woops sorry i was actualy raging at the othere dudes post

As for you op dont forget the contents not done comeing for this event yet we may see more of that

Also the temple events in orr have new types of gear if your willing to try to beet them.

UnderdogSMO.9428

Also it has been confermed that the first part of the story for this event starts tommarow at about 12 PST

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

This game has tons of stuff out for a game that’s less than six months old. I played Rift for the first six months and the armor was dreadful. They didn’t have different dungeon sets for each dungeon. They didn’t have cultural armor to speak of. Everything looked like your starter gear. Stuff will come. That’s it.

If you’re not patient enough to wait for it, go play another game, until more stuff is released. It’s not like you’re paying a monthly fee to play, after all. It’s not like you can’t pick it up again in six months when there’s a ton of stuff to do.

This game, in my opinion, was released early because they wanted to get it out before a certain competing game was released, and Anet has been playing catchup ever since. This happens with just about every MMO. It comes out, a few months later, people say there’s not enough to do, a year later, there’s more to do. I’ve never seen an MMO that hasn’t had this problem.

I suppose you’re right, I think I might just be burnt out, because I was excited that the class specific gear listed on the laurel page would new class specific skins.

I probably shouldn’t expect so much, I just wish there were more tangible rewards that I could show off.

I think part of the problem for me (and probably a lot of other players) is how much these patches are hyped and they turn out to not be what you were hoping for.

A lot of the fun for me comes from collecting cool looking armors and weapons. Now, I basically have everything I wanted that wasn’t insanely expensive. The only other items I really want seem almost unreachable unless I somehow learn advanced economics.

I guess I should work on my legendary, then…

(edited by Ryoki Hokishami.2756)

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Totally agree, sadly many cant see too far in front of their faces…I’m not seeing much need to continue playing with yet another grind (Laurels) and terrible loot drops still prolific in open world..

I think that the “been there done that” crowd can see it, we’ve played many mmo’s and are probably not part of die hard Anet fans. Personally I though GW1 was horrible. Beta +2.5 months of this game was fun, then the brick wall of nothingness.

The whole game isn’t end game, there isn’t really anything to work for, character building is so limited, story was mostly bad and not only that it was “personal” but had no personal effects.

Reminds me of a generic single player game, with an online option. Ever play White Knight Chronicles for ps3? Has a pretty lame story, some neat gameplay and terrible online play, even though at first it seems fun..

I can’t wait for something new, even if eso sucks, I’m playing it, can’t be any worse that’s for sure.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I agree on the ascended gear. Yes, there is a SLIGHT upgrade over exotic, but I see no reason for myself ever doing fractals again(after hitting mid 40s an doing them ~800+ times).

I’d much MUCH MUCH rather see new armor/weapon skins instead, something…worthwhile.

UnderdogSMO.9428

I agree on the ascended gear. Yes, there is a SLIGHT upgrade over exotic, but I see no reason for myself ever doing fractals again(after hitting mid 40s an doing them ~800+ times).

I’d much MUCH MUCH rather see new armor/weapon skins instead, something…worthwhile.

Like i said the revamped temple events karma venders have new gear with new skins

Posted by: klesk.1790

klesk.1790

Exactly.I dont know why Anet is so obsessed with these ascended gears.
You could clearly tell som developers in Anet wants GW2 to be gear grinded game.
Ever since fotm -ascended gear cam out, the game has become slighly off the marks.

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I can’t wait for something new, even if eso sucks, I’m playing it, can’t be any worse that’s for sure.

Yeah it can, especially since it’s an ES game, and that’s really easy to screw up if the developer starts cutting corners.

Nappychappy.7046

Yeah it can, especially since it’s an ES game, and that’s really easy to screw up if the developer starts cutting corners.

Oh you mean like this one?

“When it’s ready” EL OH EFFING EL!!

UnderdogSMO.9428

Oh you mean like this one?

“When it’s ready” EL OH EFFING EL!!

You do know that “when its ready” is just code for " we are working vary hard on it and dont have a relise date"

And most bethasda games as much as i enjoy them are often realy realy buggy (why i have all the modded patch’s)

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

I think that the “been there done that” crowd can see it, we’ve played many mmo’s and are probably not part of die hard Anet fans. Personally I though GW1 was horrible. Beta +2.5 months of this game was fun, then the brick wall of nothingness.

The whole game isn’t end game, there isn’t really anything to work for, character building is so limited, story was mostly bad and not only that it was “personal” but had no personal effects.

Reminds me of a generic single player game, with an online option. Ever play White Knight Chronicles for ps3? Has a pretty lame story, some neat gameplay and terrible online play, even though at first it seems fun..

You dislike this game so much why do you hang around the forums tearing it down? Nothing but negativity from you.

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

And most bethasda games as much as i enjoy them are often realy realy buggy (why i have all the modded patch’s)

But it’s not even Bethesda developing it, which really leaves me wondering if the game world is going to be as developed as an ES game normally is. The bugs are guaranteed either way, as they are with any game.

Nappychappy.7046

You dislike this game so much why do you hang around the forums tearing it down? Nothing but negativity from you.

Your question kind of answers itself.. “Why are you on the forums”.

If you like the game so much, why are you not playing it? I don’t think Anet needs you to defend them.