New crafting discipline coming soon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

• The Additional Crafting License is now available in the Gem Store. This license allows players to have up to three active crafting professions on all characters on their account for the low price of 800 gems in the Upgrades category.

From the latest patch notes. Why else should ANet do a thing like this, if there is no new crafting discipline coming soon? What discipline could that be? Fishing?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Wow 800 gems for a UI feature that is literally useless…
If you want my cash this bad you’ll have to make an expansion.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

800 gems to avoid paying 40s every full moon? I’ll pass.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

• The Additional Crafting License is now available in the Gem Store. This license allows players to have up to three active crafting professions on all characters on their account for the low price of 800 gems in the Upgrades category.

From the latest patch notes. Why else should ANet do a thing like this, if there is no new crafting discipline coming soon? What discipline could that be? Fishing?

Because they’re testing the waters for additional things to monetize. Something that was probably low-risk to implement. It really doesn’t imply any sort of additional content coming.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

The german community manager has already denied a new crafting discipline.
It is just for convenience.
https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Neuer-Beruf-im-Anmarsch/first#post383394

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Paying 40s? Each toon can have 2 crafting professions, u have 5 character slots by default. 8 Crafting professions. Nobody is getting 40s from me.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yeah, I don’t get this item. It isn’t that costly or difficult just to change over to the craft you want by visiting the NPC. Hopefully they don’t raise the cost of switching to sell this item.

Personally, I always thought all crafts a character has learned should just be available anyway since you don’t lose progress when switching. It’s a gold sink I guess but I don’t swap around that much anyway.

I’m a fan of the other connivence items and have all of them but I’ll pass on this one. I can’t imagine it will be a very popular item.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Very expensive for very little convenience. I’d rather spend 800 gems on a new character slot and get gasp TWO more different crafting disciplines to switch between. Everything crafted is account bound, so this is just a huge waste. Even if you’re one of the few with all professions maxed on one character, 800 gems could probably fund releveling that craft (and maybe another!) on an alt with zero convenience charge ever.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: sishbob.3987

sishbob.3987

Wow 800 gems for a UI feature that is literally useless…
If you want my cash this bad you’ll have to make an expansion.

Considering that you can fit all the professions on the default five toons allotted to you, and that the cost of switching professions on a character would be forever until you hit 80g (since exchange is about 100 gems for 10g), then this really is a luxury feature, like the unlimited tools, not counting the watchwork pickaxe.

I’ve gotten a full set of unlimited tools. But thats because I harvest whatever I see and going to a vendor is honestly a pain. This just doesnt seem worth it however. I mean I can use my professions on the go, I have to be at a table. And where tables are, the other profession masters are as well.

EDIT: @ExTribble it could easy fund that craft to 400, however once you get into the 400-500 range the price can be over 100g

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

yeah i laughed so hard when I read patch notes =)

This license allows players to have up to three active crafting professions on all characters on their account for the low price of 800 gems in the Upgrades category.

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

The german community manager has already denied a new crafting discipline.
It is just for convenience.
https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Neuer-Beruf-im-Anmarsch/first#post383394

And he reacted pretty fast. Nearly suspiciously fast^^

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

It would have been cool at launch…but I already had all disciplines at 400 among 5 toons like a year ago(jewel/art overlap for levelling newer toons) so….there’s no real reason for people like me to get this. What I buy this then relevel crafting to 400+ again on the 2 or 3 toons I use most often? Nah…

Still stuff like this is absolutely fine imo-not everyone will get it and noone actually needs it, be it aesthetically or mechanically. I hope there isn’t another crafting discipline added….ever….it is just not fun to level to 400, let alone 500.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Coming soon: all crafted items will become soulbound. Characters must level their own crafting system to share the items. Exception is in Ascended items, which are account bound by default.

8D

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I don’t have any problems with items like this. I would never buy them and i doubt that many people do, but if some do its in the end exactly was everybody wants, that ANet makes gold with something that nobody really needs.

Or would you rather see items that give you +100/500/1000 Strength ?

Also everybody complains about skins in the shop .. so without skins or P2W items, with what exactly should they earn money ? Not much left then as testing to sell total useless stuff.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is for those people that don’t want to waste the time or the coin to swap to craft, whether that be to another character, or to relearn on the character you’re on.

Now their mesmer can max out tailoring, weaponsmithing, and jewelcrafting and have them all readily available.

Or their ranger can do leatherworking, weaponsmithing, and huntsman and be self sufficient.

Lot of reasons people might like this little convenience. Not a big deal to me though.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Yes, this item isn’t for us. It’s for China. The time to introduce this was BEFORE ascended crafting, not months after. Why the hell would I spend 10 dollars to get this thing after I’ve already gotten to 500 crafting in all the appropriate disciplines? I know I’m atypical, but I have to imagine that most people have already gotten to level 500 in the crafts they want, if they’re at all interested in ascended gear.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Yes, this item isn’t for us. It’s for China. The time to introduce this was BEFORE ascended crafting, not months after. Why the hell would I spend 10 dollars to get this thing after I’ve already gotten to 500 crafting in all the appropriate disciplines? I know I’m atypical, but I have to imagine that most people have already gotten to level 500 in the crafts they want, if they’re at all interested in ascended gear.

Still haven’t bothered crafting to 500 yet, have been lucky to get lots of armor drops and 1 weapon drop thou with stats I can actually use
But think it won’t be long before I start lvling one prof, just to get rid of those kitten mats, so I don’t have to destroy them every single time.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

The only good thing I can say about this is “at least it’s not something cute and fuzzy”.

I’d really like to see how decisions are made at Anet. At times it’s as if the interns are running the place and at other times it’s as if the department heads all switch spots. I don’t get it. Perhaps Anet is browbeat by NCsoft and forced to make changes they know won’t work.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

here’s to hoping it’s precursors.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Can’t see the use for this. I’m going to have cooking and weaponsmith on my MC so I can refresh my supply of sharpening stones and food at will at cheaper price and on-demand. What else could I want? Perhaps refinement of ascended materials(the damask/deldrimor to sell), but that’s two professions for my alt I guess.
It would be nice to have 4 active at the same time though… So I can do everything on one character. But we get only 3 anyways so…