New daily achievement system...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Veprovina.4876

Veprovina.4876

I just got back from a small pause and i don’t really like the new daily quest thing…

Dodge? Really??? And it starts at 15!!! How many total do i have to dodge? I mean, i get that it’s kind of a big part of the gameplay, but not everyone has the ultra fast internet connection the rest of the word is apparently having to justify this…

Today i spent almost 2 hours dodging and doing normal stuff (events that involve combat) with the emphasis on dodging, then got 2 dodges registered for my effort… Yay! Good one ArenaNet, good one! Now dodge seems more broken than it did before. Or is it just me and my internet connection.

Also, crafting… How many items a day do i have to craft to get this? It starts with 10. I hope it doesn’t end with 60 or something. Do i have to hardcore 16 hours a day just to get the materials required to craft every day? Also, craft useless items i won’t use and wont get experience for just for the sake of a daily quest…

Events…. Cool, i get it, a big part of gameplay and they entice you to participate in the this way for more rewards… I would hate it if they removed it and they didn’t. That’s good.

Reviving… Fine… A bit stretched, but doable. Works on NPC’s as i hear so it’s ok. There’s a lot of areas where NPC’s just die over and over again so it’s fine.

Kills/Aquatic kills… I kinda like that one. Aquatic combat is a core part of the gameplay and now there’s even rewards for doing it…

Veteran slayer… Meh…. Fine too… Lot of them around so it’s ok and it’s not connection dependant like dodging… Ugh…

Laurel merchant… Also fine. The new thing they put in the game had to be incorporated somehow, so why not. If it works just by browsing the merchants wares then it’s ok…

It’s kind of cool how achievements vary depending on what day it is…

But dodging and crafting? Wtf?

Is this going to turn into the game for hardcore players only? I have stuff to do and can’t play the game all day just to get the daily. Before i could complete the daily quest in 2-5 hours depending on where i was i what i was doing, but it flowed with the normal gameplay really nice, and only required a bit of “tuning” to complete all the quests…

Now what am i supposed to do? Dodge all day with my crappy internet connection?
I feel kinda left out since i’m neither in a place where you can get a good internet connection, nor am i a hardcore player. I want to be, but there’s not enough hours in a day for that sadly.

Do i at least get more karma for the effort and better rewards than before?

Anyone else has a problem with the new daily achievement system? Cause i can see where this is going and i don’t really like it.

If they put something that isn’t lag dependant it would be fine, i wouldn’t even think about daily crafting, but dodging…

Sorry about the rant but mandatory dodging in my opinion is the dumbest idea they could come up with. Everyone knows internet connection is a big modifier of an MMO experience, and now they’re just alienating players with slower internet connections or the ones farther from the server.

I’ll never save enough karma for the stuff i want now…

Sorry for the rant… But i want to hear peoples opinions on this.

Ravos Xar, Ash Legion Charr Mesmer

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Crafting: This counts for refining as well, and goes really well with the gathering daily.

Dodging: I can see how this may affect some people.

However, come the 24th, we’ll be able to pick our dailies.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The new dailies only have 1 tier, not multiples. What you see when you look at the interface is the max you need.

Posted by: Mace Fist Mojo.9083

Mace Fist Mojo.9083

Daily Achievements… turning out to be.. for the hardcore players only…?

Dodging any mob in your choice.. or going body surfing into a crowd of enemies in WvWvW to finish this achievement in 5-10 seconds?

Crafting items with materials you can buy from the vendor standing next to the station?

I swear our community is going to end up like those people in Wall-E.

Veprovina.4876

Daily Achievements… turning out to be.. for the hardcore players only…?

Dodging any mob in your choice.. or going body surfing into a crowd of enemies in WvWvW to finish this achievement in 5-10 seconds?

Crafting items with materials you can buy from the vendor standing next to the station?

I swear our community is going to end up like those people in Wall-E.

Please read the whole post first… :/
I mostly rant about dodging since it’s based on how good your connection is and not how you play the game. I spent almost 2 hours dodging and it registered twice. Sometimes i didn’t even get hit, but it didn’t even register as a dodge. :/

Crafting is not my thing but if there’s only one tier of quests like IndigoSundown.5419 pointed out, then it’s fine too, and doable… I thought there are multiple tiers still and that i have to craft a kittenload of items to get the achievement.

TheDaiBish.9735

However, come the 24th, we’ll be able to pick our dailies.

You mean, i can pick what i want to do for achievements? I can skip dodging?

Because this really bugs me…

It’s funny. I once read the statement from ArenaNet about 3rd party programs being allowed if they don’t give players advantage over others…

Then they do this thing with the dodging… And now some players clearly have an advantage over others… Oh the irony… :P

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

With our new selectable achievement system, you’ll have a chance to set new daily challenges for yourself and to choose what kind of content you want to be rewarded for playing.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-2013/

Although I got the date wrong. It’s the 26th, not the 24th.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: kushman.7309

kushman.7309

GO TO SOUTHSUN AND DODGE THE YOUNG KARKA’S 1’st RANGE ATTACK AND YOU WILL GET 5 TOWARDS DAILY. DODGE IS DONE IN EASY 2 MINS.

Veprovina.4876

With our new selectable achievement system, you’ll have a chance to set new daily challenges for yourself and to choose what kind of content you want to be rewarded for playing.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-2013/

Although I got the date wrong. It’s the 26th, not the 24th.

That’s good. I guess i’m not the only one having a problem with dodging… I mean. One of the reasons i’m playing a mesmer is phase retreat. So i don’t have to dodge as much. :P

Veprovina.4876

GO TO SOUTHSUN AND DODGE THE YOUNG KARKA’S 1’st RANGE ATTACK AND YOU WILL GET 5 TOWARDS DAILY. DODGE IS DONE IN EASY 2 MINS.

I can’t get there yet, and as i said… lag kinda ruins the whole dodge thing…

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This is pointless advice for someone that doesn’t do their dailies with a level 80.

Posted by: kushman.7309

kushman.7309

Not 80? Ok its the karkas 1st attack so dodge get 4-5 die go back to wp repeat would take 5 minutes instead of 2. OR you can just learn how to dodge I mean common you do have a brain don’t you?

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Sorry, I don’t understand the problem with dodging. You don’t have to go here or there to get it done. It doesn’t discriminate against classes. If you are playing the game, you are getting the dodging daily done. If you aren’t, well then you may be surviving in solo PvE, but I certainly don’t want to run a dungeon with you.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Exarch.5389

Exarch.5389

You also get dodge credit for any skill that lets you evade attacks – Ranger GS skill #1 for example.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Really? Another thread about dodging? This should be merged with the other threads.

But how ever. Your solution:

Roll thief.
Lure a bunch of mobs to your position underwater.
Use shadow assault (spear 5).
Get dodge daily done in 10 seconds.
Profit.

You’re welcome.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I strongly dislike the whole Laurels/Daily system. Way too much grind for what was promised to be a “low-grind to grind-free” game.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I strongly dislike the whole Laurels/Daily system. Way too much grind for what was promised to be a “low-grind to grind-free” game.

dodging is now grind. Or are you talking about the items you get for dodging and killing things for half an hour for 20 days?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Crica.1503

Crica.1503

I am able to dodge, i never get hit, but the game does not count the dodges unless i wait until a certain time to dodge… that’s the annoying part

i cant just dodge and not get hit, i have to dodge and not get hit at only a certain time…

If I don’t like it, I won’t do it.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I too dislike dodge and crafting. Crafting for the sake of crafting seemed like a waste of mats. However, knowing refinement counts, then I’m OK with it. Thanks for the tip. That detail alone made this thread worthwhile. Now dodging…don’t really like at all. While I do dodge, and am quite proficient at it, my ideal situation as a AOE user is to be where I don’t have to dodge. I’ll often bring down a mob of 5 or 6 right on top of me, then lay a bunch of AOE right on top of my self, finishing with fear. Then run away, no need to dodge. Water slayer…meh!! I don’t like water at the best of times, but it’s OK I guess, as long as they don’t have to be 25 different water creatures…go for a swim and kill some salmon.

Still, I don’t think I’ve completed dailies since the new system was put in place. :/ It’s usually something like dodging, something I can’t be bothered to go out and specifically get in a creature’s face, just to dodge. Craft, now that I know refinement counts, this won’t hold me up. Daily gatherer and crafting just go together in this case.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Do a Twilight Arbor run.

Dodge over a Deadly Blossom for 3~5 dodges instantly. You’re guaranteed to fill the quota, and without straying from normal gameplay.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I’d honestly just rather have them mail me the one token per day, and then I’m free to play how I want.

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

I don’t think the internet connection should be a huge deciding factor in getting daily dodge… but it does come down to timing. I know my understanding of the evade mechanic and my dodge timing has improved since I started doing this daily.

For those who just want to get it done, some tips (which any character above level 10 or so can do!):
– Sons of Svanir with bows in Wayfarer Foothills will do rapid-shot attacks sometimes; dodging one successfully can earn you three evades.
– Hylek in Caledon Forest (up north by the shore) with blowguns are the same as above.
– AoE attacks that give you the warning of a red circle can be evaded if you time it right (dodge just before it goes off, not too early; it just takes practice).
– Ranged attacks seem the easiest to dodge to me (you can see them coming more clearly). Archers are your friends.

Best way to get daily dodge, for me, is to start early. If you try and do nothing but dodge, your endurance won’t refill fast enough and you’ll get frustrated. If you just try and dodge deliberately in every second fight or so, it doesn’t matter if you don’t always make it. Good luck, OP!

Posted by: blinkxzero.8035

blinkxzero.8035

Really? Another thread about dodging? This should be merged with the other threads.

But how ever. Your solution:

Roll thief.
Lure a bunch of mobs to your position underwater.
Use shadow assault (spear 5).
Get dodge daily done in 10 seconds.
Profit.

You’re welcome.

Haha that’s what I do! Go to WvWvW (your own one), take Garrison WP, jump in water and grab like 10 Krait, spam #5. Done in like 10 seconds!

Of course, not everyone can do that, in which case I suggest:

- Go to WvWvW (your own Borderlands)
- Run a little north east until you find the Neutral Worms. They are all on the path that leads up and down from the cliff on the east side of the citadel.
- Hit one of the big ones ONCE with a melee weapon or something that won’t auto attack kill him.
- Stand kinda far back and dodge the REALLY slow rock he throws at you.
- If you time it right, you get two dodges. One for the rock and one for the frost on the ground.
- Repeat for like 2 minutes.

Hope that helps!

Daily healer and kill variety can also -very- easily be done in Metrica Providence, the top left of the map where the Fire Elemental spawns. That area is constantly covered in dead Asura NPCs.

(edited by blinkxzero.8035)

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

I dont know how people is still having problems with daily dodger…. I just play the game and it comes alone! You dont need to even pay attention to the achievement, i do 1 fotm run and stay around WvWvW for a bit, there, dodge done! Pretty much in the first map of fotm.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you lag too much to dodge, you lag too much to play. I"m playing in Tasmania, and have as much latency as most people and it takes me five minutes to get my dodge.

If you’re really having problems, go to Wayfarer foothills, find a 3rd level grawl that shoots the bow. They’re very easy to dodge, latency at all.

This isn’t an Arena net problem, this is a problem with someone who has a connection that doesn’t support the game. Why blame Anet for your hardware and internet connection?

If your lag is that bad the game would be unplayable.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

find enemy arrow carts and sieges. or try to evade the flame traps in EB jump puzzle, if someone is activating them. maybe also in the pitch black section of the puzzle (has traps).

hop into cliff-side fractal, get to the scaffolding with the wind gusts. dodge through them a bunch of times, then leave, or be helpful and finish the fractal with group. you got daily dodger, and you finished a fractal. if you got extra drops, that’s a win-win (to me, anyways)

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Right outside the Black Citadel (Charr staring area) there is a group of Earth Elementals above the Vault Waypoint. It’s a low level area accessible to even newly made characters. The Elementals attack first with a ground attack that rumbles up underneath you. You literally have a 3 second window to dodge and it counts for your daily. I recommend this place to finish daily dodger.

Daily Crafter is only 10 items.. any items. Make 10 Iron Ingots and you’re done.

Honestly, once you learn what spots you like for each challenge, it’s actually much easier and more fun then it used to be.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

If you dodge into a channelled attack (Arrow carts, flamethrowers, rapid fire shots) you’ll get multiple dodges in one go. Even if you have lag, those channeled abilities last for a few seconds.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I do my dodge daily in around 5 minutes in the Wayfarer Foothills, just north of the little outpost with the crafting area. Along the road there are Svanir on the hills with ballista shooting at you. It makes a very noticeable sound and is easy to evade.

I also normally complete my event daily there too as they are easy and seem to kick off quite often.

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Is should be reworded to say “Evade” so that people can learn the difference but then you’d have a bunch of threads complaining that someone doesn’t know how to evade.

FYI: The physical act of dodging only counts if you evade the attack. If you’re just jumping out of the way before an attack even comes then you’re not evading, therefore you’re not really dodging.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There is only 1 tier for dailies. So when it says 15 dodges it means 15 dodges and the category is complete.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Recon.9461

Recon.9461

Veprovina, since your main is a Mesmer doing the dodge daily is fairly simple to do for you (you don’t even need to actually “dodge” for it). As a Mesmer if you do the basic melee underwater attack with a spear you will auto-evade with every 3rd attack. So as long as you get your attack sequence in sync with the aquatic enemies attacks you can complete this daily fairly easily. Oh did I forget to mention that its while killing aquatic enemies so if the aquatic slayer daily is up too you will be knocking out 2 dailies at once.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Dodge is very very very easy. Fine any enemy with a channeled attack or an AOE ability like poison, rock falls, etc and dodge. You get several dodges registered for each. I use Moas myself.

Crafting, just go make 10 copper bars, or leathers, or planks.

All of the daily stuff is easily done in maybe 10-15 minutes total.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

The bandit camp in Kessex is a good place too. Lots of bandits with guns. I think someone mentioned it, but the fire elemental in Metrica spawns red AOE rings like crazy, you should be able get 15 dodges in a matter of a minute or two. As long as you can stay alive long enough, you can pretty much dodge them as fast as your stamina recovers. With dead Asura everywhere, it’s also a great place for daily healer and kill variety. It has the largest variety of random creatures of anywhere I’ve seen in the game.

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Dodging is not hard. Most everything can be done in a normal day of play. Why another post for this?

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Pros of new daily system:
- Daily Crafting
- Daily Laurel Vendor

Cons of new daily system:
- Daily Veteran
- Daily Healer
- Daily Dodger
- Daily Aquatic Slayer

Summary: The bad outweighs the good by twice as much.

None of these are hard by any means. They are just tedious as you wind up competing against everyone else rushing in to complete them as well. These added a whole new level of frustration and the opportunity for griefing.

On the other hand, the Monthly system is 1,000,000 times better than it used to be.

(edited by Dresden.1736)

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

She was also complaining about the crafting.
Another super hard, really stressful skill. However, I’ve come up with a way to make this easy on even the most skillfully challenged player.

1.) Go to a Crafting station. Preferably one that you can use.
2.) Look at the Refinement section on the left.
3.) Select something like Bolt of Jute or Copper Ingot.
4.) Enter then number of items you would like to craft, like the required 10.
5.) Press Craft.

I know how hard this can be but with practice you will master it!

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

She was also complaining about the crafting.
Another super hard, really stressful skill. However, I’ve come up with a way to make this easy on even the most skillfully challenged player.

1.) Go to a Crafting station. Preferably one that you can use.
2.) Look at the Refinement section on the left.
3.) Select something like Bolt of Jute or Copper Ingot.
4.) Enter then number of items you would like to craft, like the required 10.
5.) Press Craft.

I know how hard this can be but with practice you will master it!

LOL Dude! You are hilarious! I am sure many people here will benefit from your sound advice. After all, crafting 10 things is a very difficult and complex thing to do for some people. I just hope others, like myself, appreciate you altruism. Keep up the good work OPO! I would give you a medal if I could. Heck, I might even be able to craft one!

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Pros of new daily system:
- Daily Crafting
- Daily Laurel Vendor

Cons of new daily system:
- Daily Veteran
- Daily Healer
- Daily Dodger
- Daily Aquatic Slayer

Summary: The bad outweighs the good by twice as much.

None of these are hard by any means. They are just tedious as you wind up competing against everyone else rushing in to complete them as well. These added a whole new level of frustration and the opportunity for griefing.

On the other hand, the Monthly system is 1,000,000 times better than it used to be.

Veterans are pretty simple. Find a Skill Point challenge that has a veteran guarding it.
Healing is very very easy. Plenty of areas that just have dead NPCs
Dodger, are you kidding me? Run through a zerg in WvW and roll. Bonus points if you can get vigor and invulnerable for extra rolls
Aquatic Slayer. Easiest one of the bunch. Wayfarrer Foothills, next to the Bear Shrine. Salmon, Salmon everywhere.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

problem to me is that they feel like work.

why not give out dailies after a certain amount of xp gain?
that would be “play how you want”.
right now, i find myself rushing thru some zone, teleporting here and there to get the daily done so that i can actually enjoy the zones as they’re meant to be enjoyed without fearing “missing some events or missing some rez or missing aquatic combat”.

and since anet put a lot of “gear importance” on the dailies (laurels/ascended) i feel like i need to do them, and basically they arent fun.
(fyi, before the laurel i simply wasnt doing the dailies)

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

No offense Avatar but that’s not a problem with the system. Self re-evaluation might be in order.

In other words…if it feels like work then stop doing it.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

^
its the only way to get the “amulet”.

so i do it.

but i still dont think it makes sense to just tp near a water spot to go kill some fish,
then tp in your usual spot to raise the same 10 npcs.
and after its all done, you can resume playing the “fun game”, levelling up an alt an stopping to smell the roses and/or doing challenging endgame stuff with your main.

just my opinion.
and no offense, but your solution is kitten.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

If you are a mesmer using MH sword skill 2 will get you your daily really fast.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Veprovina.4876

Sorry, I don’t understand the problem with dodging. You don’t have to go here or there to get it done. It doesn’t discriminate against classes. If you are playing the game, you are getting the dodging daily done. If you aren’t, well then you may be surviving in solo PvE, but I certainly don’t want to run a dungeon with you.

It does discriminate against slower internet connections. I never said it discriminates against classes or races or whatever…

If you lag too much to dodge, you lag too much to play. I"m playing in Tasmania, and have as much latency as most people and it takes me five minutes to get my dodge.

If you’re really having problems, go to Wayfarer foothills, find a 3rd level grawl that shoots the bow. They’re very easy to dodge, latency at all.

This isn’t an Arena net problem, this is a problem with someone who has a connection that doesn’t support the game. Why blame Anet for your hardware and internet connection?

If your lag is that bad the game would be unplayable.

Is should be reworded to say “Evade” so that people can learn the difference but then you’d have a bunch of threads complaining that someone doesn’t know how to evade.

FYI: The physical act of dodging only counts if you evade the attack. If you’re just jumping out of the way before an attack even comes then you’re not evading, therefore you’re not really dodging.

Actually everything else is fine, but dodging is not. I know how to dodge, and what “evaded” means, but if i miss by 1 milisecond of what i think is the mobs attack and it turns out just the animation was like that, but the attack came 1 milisecond sooner or later, the dodge doesn’t register, even if my character does the dodge animation… And i’m not blaming ArenaNet for my lag. I’m not blaming them for anything really. I just think daily dodger is a dumb idea, and i’m not the only one. When i’ll be able to pick my dailys, i’ll be happy. Now, i didn’t complete the daily once since this got in. Before, i did it every time…

Also, as a lot of people pointed out, the new system is a grind. The system before was done automatically as you play. Now you need to change map 30 times to get whatever you need for the daily…

Also, to other peoples suggesting how to dodge, where to go and all… Those are good advices and suggestions, sure, but that’s not the point. The point is it doesn’t come naturally to some classes, and slow internet connection messes with it. It doesn’t even need to be that slow really… It’s messy and i don’t like it, and neither do a lot of people… Especially more casual players like me. If i wanted to grind my kitten off, i’d play World of Warcraft or Dekaron or something that requires you to kill 100 of something to do the quest, then you have to return to the npc who gave you that to complete it.

The whole appeal of GW2 is the opposite of that, just traveling the world, not needing the constant map changes, returning to somewhere just to do 1 tiny thing and grinding…

Veprovina, since your main is a Mesmer doing the dodge daily is fairly simple to do for you (you don’t even need to actually “dodge” for it). As a Mesmer if you do the basic melee underwater attack with a spear you will auto-evade with every 3rd attack. So as long as you get your attack sequence in sync with the aquatic enemies attacks you can complete this daily fairly easily. Oh did I forget to mention that its while killing aquatic enemies so if the aquatic slayer daily is up too you will be knocking out 2 dailies at once.

Yeah, but what if i’m nowhere near water? Happens a lot. :P I don’t like to change maps and waste my money, just so i can do a daily or 1 thing. I stay on the map untill i complete it, usually. But for the time being, i’ll try it out, as well as other peoples advice.

Oh well i’ll wait for when they enable us to choose our daily achievements…

Posted by: fractal.7039

fractal.7039

Complaining about dodge? Really….

Dodge is an integral part of the game… it is in almost every aspect of combat. To complain about having to do it is just pure ignorance.

For a easy time… find a mob with an AE attack that last for a few seconds ( ie poison field, flame fields) and just roll through it. Latency does not even effect that.

Complaining about crafting is just as bad…. 10 ingots or planks or cloth made = crafting done. No grinding needed…. Just take cooking and buy your mats off the vendor….

All the current achievements are just normal activities IF YOU PLAY THE GAME.

..so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

No offense, but Dodge is a huge part of this game. I’m pretty sure it was made a Daily as a means of getting players to try to do it part. The whole ‘no trinity’ and ‘taking care of yourself’ means that Dodging is one of the best Damage Mitigations in the game, and if you’re going into High End content and not dodging you’re not only hurting yourself, but you’re hurting your Party who has to spend more time taking care of you as well.

I sympathize that your lag is giving you issues, but it’s kind of a core mechanic of the game and the point is to train people to use this mechanic effectively and intelligently. Also dodging 15 attacks in one day is kind of laughable. Find an AoE and roll around.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

^
its the only way to get the “amulet”.

so i do it.

but i still dont think it makes sense to just tp near a water spot to go kill some fish,
then tp in your usual spot to raise the same 10 npcs.
and after its all done, you can resume playing the “fun game”, levelling up an alt an stopping to smell the roses and/or doing challenging endgame stuff with your main.

just my opinion.
and no offense, but your solution is kitten.

Playing the “fun game” as you described doesn’t need the ascended gear.

I also love how so many people have all this tricks and tips on how to go out of the way to get these dailies done. They’re almost all setup to be easily done doing just about anything in game. The exceptions would be Crafter, Laurel Vendor, and maybe Aquatic Slayer. Crafter, just because you have to stop and be at a station. Laurel Vendor, because you have go to them and they’re not exactly in places people go all the time. And Aquatic Slayer because there’s very little reason to be out in the water.

Yes, I think some of the numbers need adjusting, such as Gather and Aquatic Slayer, as they just don’t seem in line with the numbers/time needed for the others.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

A few notes, just from a “bird’s eye” perspective:

1) ArenaNet cannot design content/achievements/encounters/mechanics around the concept that not all users have stable, adequate internet connection. If you lack a connection fast or consistent enough to even dodge a single attack successfully, the fact that you’re able to play the game at all successfully is a luxury and a bit of a miracle. It is par for the course that certain things will not be accomplishable with that kind of handicap, and to be blunt, your daily achievement is kind of least among them. I can’t imagine you could successfully complete any dungeon with lag that bad unless being carried 100% of the time by the rest of your team. Jumping puzzles would be out of the question. Even some of the personal story quests on my path required some decent dodging. Maybe this is discriminating against people with inadequate and slower connections, but it’s not something that can be designed around. Your connection is the fault of your ISP.

2) For the record, dodging is quite forgiving under most circumstances. As many have suggested, finding a mob with a simple channeled or AOE attack- the screech on any Moa- will enable you to complete this daily quite rapidly regardless of latency issues. just dodge into it at any point while it’s screeching.

3) If your only impetus to complete the dailies is getting laurels to get gear, there will be other ways to get Ascended amulets added to the game. Bank on it.

4) Going out of your way to do your dailies rather than what you preferred to do during that gaming session is counter-intuitive. Just play. Don’t think about what you have left as soon as you log in. When you’re done with something (a dungeon run, 100%ing a zone, a big event chain), check your tracker and see what you’ve completed. If there’s something close to finished, go get the last few ticks. If there’s still plenty to go, just keep playing.

It’s easy to get into a sort of bubble where you’re making things harder on yourself than they ever need to be. Good luck!

Posted by: Ashantai.4387

Ashantai.4387

I’m a very bad player, a noob who has no idea what he’s doing in PVE…yet I find the dailies easy. You just have to work the system.

Ice wurms of all levels are easy to dodge, even with my terrible connection, because they have such a long warm up. It’s easy to get that part of the daily done in ten minutes or less. Dredge excavators also are easy.

Veterans are easy, just find that place in Queensdale with 5 veteran oakhearts. Events, just hang around Queensdale for a half hour and you’ll get it…or just quest normally. Healing, there’s plenty of death zones where NPCs are scattered and need reviving.

Usually takes me less than half hour a night to do the daily, and I’m not even very good!