New expansion Please

New expansion Please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zero.6082

Zero.6082

Guild wars 1 (prophesies) Release date April 28, 2005.
Guild wars (factions) Release date April 28, 2006
Guild wars (night fall) Release date October 27, 2006
Guild wars (Eye of the North) Release date August 31, 2007

Guild wars 2 release date August 28, 2012
To days date December 23, 2014

It has been more than two years since the release of the smash hit guild wars 2 or so we say is a smash hit, and Annet has promised new releases of in game content every month. However, with the surprising turn of events the creators, programmers and who ever else runs the show have surprisingly been lacking since the days of old.

I am a hard core guild wars 1 fan, the ability to be what ever skill build you liked with millions of combinations to play. Every year, and even less then a year in some cases, we got two new classes added to the game with hundreds of skills, items, maps, stories, heros….. (need i go on) to play with. Honestly Annet i am a huge fan of your early work in Guild wars 1. Why is it guild wars 2 i feel like we are left hanging. Some of the added work, such as Scarlet’s battles and new boss revamps are fun and amazing, but they have disappeared with out a trace, replaced by solo story ques and shinny new objects in the black lion trader. I feel like the quality stuff leaves and the fashion show stays.

I have nothing but praise for your early work, but considering the original track record of a WHOLE NEW CONTINENTS IN ONE YEAR AND MORE! Is not equal too the only 3 new maps added, and they are not explore maps they are endless event maps equated to mario party and farmvillie style play for fashionable items. So i ask like everyone else: When will we get a new expansion? What is going on that is taking so long? Why should we settle with three maps when before you have given us three continents in the game before? I think i can speak for mostly everyone on this we will pay for the new expansions like we did before, and won’t mind you guys stop adding these little month appeasement tactics to take the time to develop something really amazing. I apologize if this sounds unfair cause some of the monthly gimmicks were well loved (super adventure box) but they are just gimmicks…… I want to play i really do….. but i want to have something to play……There is only so much entertainment that can be gained by standing at a castle door watching 4 people knock it down with a flame ram for five minutes (every ten minutes), before i pull my hair out!!!!

New expansion Please

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

New expansion Please

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Guild wars 1 (prophesies) Release date April 28, 2005.
Guild wars (factions) Release date April 28, 2006
Guild wars (night fall) Release date October 27, 2006
Guild wars (Eye of the North) Release date August 31, 2007

Guild wars 2 release date August 28, 2012
To days date December 23, 2014

It has been more than two years since the release of the smash hit guild wars 2 or so we say is a smash hit, and Annet has promised new releases of in game content every month. However, with the surprising turn of events the creators, programmers and who ever else runs the show have surprisingly been lacking since the days of old.

I am a hard core guild wars 1 fan, the ability to be what ever skill build you liked with millions of combinations to play. Every year, and even less then a year in some cases, we got two new classes added to the game with hundreds of skills, items, maps, stories, heros….. (need i go on) to play with. Honestly Annet i am a huge fan of your early work in Guild wars 1. Why is it guild wars 2 i feel like we are left hanging. Some of the added work, such as Scarlet’s battles and new boss revamps are fun and amazing, but they have disappeared with out a trace, replaced by solo story ques and shinny new objects in the black lion trader. I feel like the quality stuff leaves and the fashion show stays.

I have nothing but praise for your early work, but considering the original track record of a WHOLE NEW CONTINENTS IN ONE YEAR AND MORE! Is not equal too the only 3 new maps added, and they are not explore maps they are endless event maps equated to mario party and farmvillie style play for fashionable items. So i ask like everyone else: When will we get a new expansion? What is going on that is taking so long? Why should we settle with three maps when before you have given us three continents in the game before? I think i can speak for mostly everyone on this we will pay for the new expansions like we did before, and won’t mind you guys stop adding these little month appeasement tactics to take the time to develop something really amazing. I apologize if this sounds unfair cause some of the monthly gimmicks were well loved (super adventure box) but they are just gimmicks…… I want to play i really do….. but i want to have something to play……There is only so much entertainment that can be gained by standing at a castle door watching 4 people knock it down with a flame ram for five minutes (every ten minutes), before i pull my hair out!!!!

If an expansion is ever going to be release, I highly doubt it will be at the same scale as GW1. I have never played an MMO that introduced an entire new content, almost as big as the original map, with a new expansion. Yeah, it happened in GW1 but GW1 wasn’t really an MMO and the process of creating content for these two games are totally different.

While, I would love to see an entire new contenet get unlocked. I highly doubt it will ever happen with a single expansion, otherwise, Anet isn’t only going to release LS and an expansion, they will basically be releasing one of the biggest expansions to every be added to an actual MMO, which is in the form of a playable area that is as gigantic as an entire new contenent.

New expansion Please

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

GW2 does not need an expansion, and making one would be tantamount to saying “that thing we’ve been doing the last 2 years? yeah, that was a miserable failure.” Which isn’t even true; LS has been very successful, all things considered, and releasing an expansion would only be a step backwards.

Not to mention, if they release one expansion, everyone will be expecting more, and more, and it will be an endless cycle of people being kitteny about lack of content, which is no different than things are now, except you’d be paying for every release, instead of getting it all for free.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

New expansion Please

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

GW2 does not need an expansion, and making one would be tantamount to saying “that thing we’ve been doing the last 2 years? yeah, that was a miserable failure.” Which isn’t even true; LS has been very successful, all things considered, and releasing an expansion would only be a step backwards.

Not to mention, if they release one expansion, everyone will be expecting more, and more, and it will be an endless cycle of people being kitteny about lack of content, which is no different than things are now, except you’d be paying for every release, instead of getting it all for free.

Why not get both an expansion and living world content? Isn’t that what other MMORPGs, like FFXIV, are doing?

New expansion Please

Posted by: Harprabh.6907

Harprabh.6907

Yeah it would be nice, hopefully one day we will get one.

New expansion Please

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

I’m sorry to say this but how long have you actually been playing this game? It needs a Huge chunk of content all at once + micro content or else it gets stale fast…. I have done literally almost everything in game there is to do. Each and every time I play I sit there in disgust at the level of boredom that encroaches into my mind.

Now for a less personal note, I agree why couldn’t there be both it makes no sense that both cant fit into the model without invalidating the 2+ years. Your statement is false on multiple levels, the sheer fact that people say there needs to be an expansion means there needs to be an expansion. If not these people will leave and be replaced by even more people saying the same thing.

Ive been here since the very start and I tend to notice trends much faster than others in regards to video games specifically. Gw2 might be doing well financially but it is definitely on a downward trend a slow…downward trend. This game is great and has a lot of potential. BUT what the people are mad about is some of the things they have been asking for; for years mind you, has not come out or hinted that its been worked on. These people need an expansion, crave it.

I urge you to not think so one sided and or black and white. There are shades of grey with all things. Expansion =/= invalidation of the LS.