New eye color ripoff

New eye color ripoff

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

Most of the new eye color are the same like Banana and golden are the same eye color look at the screen shot below just wow. How come they just rename eye colors we already have and called them new?

Attachments:

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

Did you take a picture of your computer screen?

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

The colors are different between the two pictures here. Also…. why use phone pics (ick) and not the screenshot function?

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The colors are different between the two pictures here. Also…. why use phone pics (ick) and not the screenshot function?

You would be surprised of how many people don’t know about that function xD

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Your computer (monitor, video card…) and game settings may also have an impact on distinguishing between similar colors.

New eye color ripoff

medusashadow.3567

Yes I use my phone to take the picture I pull a anet and was to lazy to screen shot in game

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I can see a difference, even just through the pictures you posted. It’s kind of a subtle difference, but it’s still noticeable.

New eye color ripoff

medusashadow.3567

I guess since they can get away with it just reskin a weapon and armor why not do with hair and eye color make sense.

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Both of those are different. The golden one is darker.

New eye color ripoff

medusashadow.3567

So you would pay 100 gold or 350 gems for just little bit darker Tint of eye color when they could be releasing new hair style, faces, or even new body types.

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Many pay nothing, having several Makeover Kits in the bank, or exchanging Gold for Gems.

Some players care very much about differences in hues; some, such as yourself, care little. Options are always welcome.

Good luck.

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So you would pay 100 gold or 350 gems for just little bit darker Tint of eye color when they could be releasing new hair style, faces, or even new body types.

It’s up to the players to decide that for themselves just as there are many dyes for them to choose from. Tints of colors appeal to different players.

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Adding more options, however slightly different they may be, is definitely not a rip-off, especially since they added makeover preview NPCs to make sure you don’t get ripped off. OP is spouting bull.

New eye color ripoff

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I look at things like this as extra options if I’m doing a more full makeover. I wouldn’t spend a kit just on eye shade, since the only time eye color is visible (on humans, that is, asura and charr have more noticeable effects and sylvari eyes can stand out in some faces) is in creation or if someone views you via a bobblehead. Male human Donari has vivid green eyes, his sister has very blue ones, and in game on high settings zoomed in to the face they are just dark.

So if I’m making bigger changes to appearance, then I will choose from the new eye color options if they fit the design.

As to the OP images, I agree, they are subtly different even in phone pics. Different enough to matter and burn a kit? Nope. Not if they are the only change one is making. (And I say this as someone with a good number of makeover kits built up that I seldom use since I’m usually happy with my first make of a character).