New fractals -- removal of old?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Now that we know TA F/U path will be removed in favor of the new Scarlett path, which fractal maps do you think will be removed to replace the new ones that are coming: Molten Facility, Thumanova, and one more (Aetherblade?)?

I’m guessing they’ll remove Swamp, Water, and Ascalon Fractals.

Edit: Sorry to mislead anyone, but no announcement has been made about removal of any fractals. It is pure silly speculation on my part — though it is possible now that there’s precedent, no?

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The day swamp and water are removed, is the day fotm dies.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Wait, what?

What is ANet’s fetish with cutting bits off of their own game?

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

They never said anything about removing fractals. If they did, it would probably be the long ones, like Dredge.

But they talked about reworking the long ones and also adding a logarithm so that you don’t get 3 long fractals in a row. Can’t remember the thread it was in, but it was a red post.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They never said anything about removing fractals. If they did, it would probably be the long ones, like Dredge.

But they talked about reworking the long ones and also adding a logarithm so that you don’t get 3 long fractals in a row. Can’t remember the thread it was in, but it was a red post.

They are just being silly and spamming the forums because of the fact that the new TA path will replace the old F-U.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Wait, what?

I haven’t heard of removal of fractals but apparently the game is more alive when you keep taking out content, at least according to ANet.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Indeed it was an official post that mentioned something along these lines, don’t remember where either.

Didn’t realize the new TA would replace F/U, thought it was just a Path 4 being added.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Wait, what?

An interesting fetish to be sure.

Posted by: dustinharlin.8693

dustinharlin.8693

I don’t understand why they would remove a path just to add a new one(or fractals if they would ever do something so stupid). This game needs more end-game/dungeon content, so removing what it has just add new paths doesn’t make any sense to me.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

hopefully dredge (which they won’t cuz from what i’ve heard they’re reworking it), cliffside and water cuz its THAT bad

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

If they are to remove fractals and add new ones, I think Uncategorized and Aquatic Ruins are on the top of the list.

The former is a bit buggy, harpies going invulnerable, or you get knocked to death and goes back to where you shouldn’t be, or wiping at Old Tom and it creates a barrier that won’t let you go inside until… idk, until it want to open lol
Underwater is just idiot. There’s no love for underwater combat, and that makes it not good

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If they are to remove fractals and add new ones, I think Uncategorized and Aquatic Ruins are on the top of the list.

The former is a bit buggy, harpies going invulnerable, or you get knocked to death and goes back to where you shouldn’t be, or wiping at Old Tom and it creates a barrier that won’t let you go inside until… idk, until it want to open lol
Underwater is just idiot. There’s no love for underwater combat, and that makes it not good

When the barrier goes up, there’s a small device you can interact with right outside that teleports you in.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I thought the whole point of fractals is to have as many as possible.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I thought the whole point of fractals is to have as many as possible.

Whole point of fractals is the clown car.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Water is the worst fractal. Boring, horrible underwater combat mechanics/weapons, and not even all that much faster than some of the others.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Water is the worst fractal. Boring, horrible underwater combat mechanics/weapons, and not even all that much faster than some of the others.

It is still NEEDED. If they remove it, it’s like Anet accepting their underwater combat being crap.

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

This is just a speculation, sure, but what made you think they would remove swamp, water and the ascalon fractal? What’s so bad about them, especially the Ascalon Fractal?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I don’t understand why Anet removed Tequatl from the game and replaced it with a new boss (even if with the same name, the same skin, and in the same location).

Irony aside, Anet’s intention is probably to remove content that people don’t play much and replace it with something (that they plan/ hope to be) much better. So instead of adding new content alongside old, average content, they hope to replace anything less-than-great with something better. This way, the game’s quality is going up, and new content is being made, without splitting the userbase too much, nor without forcing new players to play through content that the community learned to ignore for a reason.

Of course, reality isn’t as simple as that, but I believe that’s the logic behind content replacement.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well with the removal of a path to be able to add a new path to TA, I wouldn’t doubt this. In the beginning when fractals were released they said they’d add to it, but anythings fair game now, since they’ve started just replacing content instead of adding content.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…