New hairstyles tomorrow!

New hairstyles tomorrow!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Wow. A couple of those new Charr styles are just… I mean really?

Elvis has left the citadel!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Now can the Norn please get a massive viking beard we’ve been lacking for so long?

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

OMG! OMG!

I don’t like any -_-

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Now can the Norn please get a massive viking beard we’ve been lacking for so long?

And if Humans could get a beard that fits more a middle ground between “sleazy guy who offers to sell you drugs in a nightclub” and “homeless guy who throws up on your shoes as you leave that nightclub”, that would be pretty great too.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

O_O they heard me! I’m so happy!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

All the charr should just stick with standard military haircuts. They got no sense of fashion.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

And of course they’re probably not going to give out a new hairstyle changer for free. You’ll have to buy the hairstyles that Anet should have had in the beginning of the game, but are now selling for probably 2000 gems each.

Probably not, but I see these new hairstyles more like a form of horizontal progression, that is 9999 times better than grinding for stats, I fully support this kind of update.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You can actually hear the ‘whoosh’ as money leaves my wallet.

A couple of these are absolutely great!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

LOL.

Curious to see how many Braham clones I’ll see. A few of the Human males are a bit odd. One nearly makes you look female and the other looks like you haven’t showered in a week.

Few of the female Asuran styles are neat though.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

LOL.

Curious to see how many Braham clones I’ll see. A few of the Human males are a bit odd. One nearly makes you look female and the other looks like you haven’t showered in a week.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-human-male-hairstyle-3.jpg

Yes, he’s very.. pretty. .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

yay exactly what this game needs.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

yay exactly what this game needs.

We just need awesome GW1 style armor to go with it and the game’ll be perfect and sell 10mill more copies.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

yay! oh yay!
I am so happy
Now I will need to buy another character slot…… or 2 or 3
Thank you Anet \0/

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

I love these new hairstyles but honestly I was hoping for more curly options. Maybe next time.

Same here. To be completely blunt about it, there are no natural looking hairstyles for black woman characters (humans anyway, there’s a couple for norn women that work well). I’m not genuinely bothered by it, race bias in video game character creation isn’t exactly rare. Just one hair style with some curl or frizz would be appreciated though.

At any rate, the new styles look quite nice. More character creation variety is always welcome.

dragonbrand—

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

All the charr should just stick with standard military haircuts. They got no sense of fashion.

That doesn’t seem to be true, most of the Charr warmachines are covered in effigies, very well thought out geometric designs stretch from one end of the citadel to the other, and they have statues everywhere. Aesthetics are clearly important, and shows of artistry are another method of proving superiority. Aesthetics in the form of personal presentation, or fashion, would have to be important to them.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Can I gush? I don’t care, I’m going to gush.

That blonde norn fellow with the Braham hairstyle with the braid and the bedroom eyes and that little smile with the DIMPLE! (I am such a sucker for dimples!)

You can go back to what you were doing now.

No, I... I’ll need a few minutes. *__*

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Sylv.5324

I love these new hairstyles but honestly I was hoping for more curly options. Maybe next time.

Same here. To be completely blunt about it, there are no natural looking hairstyles for black woman characters (humans anyway, there’s a couple for norn women that work well). I’m not genuinely bothered by it, race bias in video game character creation isn’t exactly rare. Just one hair style with some curl or frizz would be appreciated though.

At any rate, the new styles look quite nice. More character creation variety is always welcome.

It’s a little difficult to do more realistic curly or frizzy styles because that often requires more polygons and transparencies. (Hence why the fro looks so fake.)

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Sylv.5324

LOL.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-human-male-hairstyle-3.jpg

Yes, he’s very.. pretty. .-.

I’m glad that he is, it’s nice to see more of that style.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

O_O

. . .

Attachments:

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Hey Anet Player base needs Fixes and Balance with a healthy dose of new Permanent Content..
Anet provides new Hair cuts and the Crowd goes wild throwing man bags and purses full of money at them…
And we wonder why nothing gets fixed in these games, well wonder no longer..

(edited by Dante.1508)

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Hey Anet Player base needs Fixes and Balance with a healthy does of new Permanent Content..

Anet provides new Hair cuts and the Crowd goes wild throwing man bags and purses full of money at them…

That’s not fair really. Surely you do not think the same people create hairstyles and things like dungeons and jumping puzzles or whatever type of ‘permanent content’ is to your taste or fix errors in code? While there are some supertalented people in this world that can do all that, it is more likely that they have different people hired for each.

The hairstyles do not take anything away from the other content. Quite the contrary. If enough people are exited enough about them to spend cash, there will be more money to to spend on development all around.

Personally any addition to character variety is a plus for me. Whether it is looks, armor, wepons or skills, it is good to have.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Hey Anet Player base needs Fixes and Balance with a healthy does of new Permanent Content..

That’s not fair really. Surely you do not think the same people create hairstyles and things like dungeons and jumping puzzles or whatever type of ‘permanent content’ is to your taste or fix errors in code? While there are some supertalented people in this world that can do all that, it is more likely that they have different people hired for each.

The hairstyles do not take anything away from the other content. Quite the contrary. If enough people are exited enough about them to spend cash, there will be more money to to spend on development all around.

Personally any addition to character variety is a plus for me. Whether it is looks, armor, wepons or skills, it is good to have.

While you are right, These needed to be in the game 3 months after Guildwars 2 opened not a year later.

Each dev group does make different content for their game, kinda slowly in my opinion.
Hopefully now, this will free up a few to make the said bugs and fixes and content come out faster.

Or at least for some new in game Weapon and Armor skins this game is seriously lacking..

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: hektor.5642

hektor.5642

TODAY IS 26 October 2013. are there any new hairstyles?

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

TODAY IS 26 October 2013. are there any new hairstyles?

Today is clearly not tomorrow to the threads date. So why do you you push this thread when the hairstyles are already out for nearly a month ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

There are several that are a very nice addition. And, yes, perhaps one that we won’t see a lot of in-game.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I recommend you to buy a hairstyle-kit.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

No point of saysing “OMG u Nekro duh thraed!”, it happens all too often because of people misunderstanding or not looking for information. Despite that, the hair styles are very lovely, and the norn “Braham” haircut screenshots look very…cover girl styled. One thing that annoys me is the asura female one with the ponytail has absolutely no hair animation what-so-ever. Rather distracting.

New hairstyles tomorrow!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I will definetely give my female asura that new pony tail hair style with the ear protectors…

It just looks so super cute and is imo now the absolute best asuran female hairstyle of all for my personal taste.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside