New hotfix, no chat fix..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

Alright so its been a day, i get that. but as a roleplayer i’d like to ask where the fix for the chat filters is? as i swap chats from gchat to party chat and back.. guild chat completely dissapears, at the same time. the voices coming from the characters has also not been fixed, Anet how did these get messed up to begin with?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Would you rather they postponed all fixes (for much bigger issues no less) until they have found a way to solve the other issues? Isn’t it better to just push out fixes as soon as they are ready? Especially when it comes to basically game-breaking stuff.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Sages.3496

Would you rather they postponed all fixes (for much bigger issues no less) until they have found a way to solve the other issues? Isn’t it better to just push out fixes as soon as they are ready? Especially when it comes to basically game-breaking stuff.

Well i consider gchat and all chats mixing in quite game breaking and distracting dont you? or perhaps the random kitten voices coming from your character.

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

dude big issues are all perspective because we are all diffrent playstyles and while the voice and chat bug may not be a big issue for YOU it is a huge issue for the few of us who get our enteretainment through the chat and interactions.

Sages.3496

dude big issues are all perspective because we are all diffrent playstyles and while the voice and chat bug may not be a big issue for YOU it is a huge issue for the few of us who get our enteretainment through the chat and interactions.

This.. this is exactly what i meant.

lordkrall.7241

It is distracting and a bit annoying yes (the guild chat can be temporarily fixed though, by setting your status to invisible and then back to online again), but it is no where near game-breaking.
Especially not compared to stuff like certain traits putting people in downed state and game crashing/launcher locking or a rather easy to replicate and abuse exploit.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

No, it is not perspective.
A big exploit, a trait almost killing people using it and game crashes are big issues.

Chat issues and voices being weird are annoying, but they do not break the game.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

The guild chat thing is really annoying, but I main a ranger and have even less control over my pet now since it doesn’t recognize passive status anymore. The “F2 trick” doesn’t work for me, and hasn’t worked for me. My passive pet attacks no matter what.

Hopefully we’ll both see the fixes we want soon.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Sages.3496

It is distracting and a bit annoying yes (the guild chat can be temporarily fixed though, by setting your status to invisible and then back to online again), but it is no where near game-breaking.
Especially not compared to stuff like certain traits putting people in downed state and game crashing/launcher locking or a rather easy to replicate and abuse exploit.

Oh kitten Krall you’re from piken as well? man.. best server ever.

Posted by: Desza.3028

Desza.3028

It is terribly difficult to follow things when guild chat disappears COMPLETELY from the chat window tab EVERY SINGLE TIME I change area, or even waypoint from downed within the same area. As guild leader, I really NEED to see what’s in guild chat to keep track of what we are planning, to see who’s commenting and saying what, and to take care of things. PLEASE fix this as soon as you can, it’s becoming more than a simple annoyance, it’s interfering with taking care of and helping my guild, and my guildmates interacting with each other. Thank you, please fix!

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Guild Chat should be a high priority issue. New players will often think they got kicked from a guild or wonder why everyone is suddenly silent. Missing half a conversation in guild chat when switching zones is not good either.

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

Mine appears to be working now? I can chat in all 5 guilds and I do not get any message that “No one hears you” or “You are not in a guild”

As of 17:20hrs PST March 17, 2015

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

‘Cause fixing a blue wurm is more important than fixing guild chat. Why can’t you understand that?! Gawd! * rolls eyes *

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

lordkrall.7241

‘Cause fixing a blue wurm is more important than fixing guild chat. Why can’t you understand that?! Gawd! * rolls eyes *

Of course not.
But maybe it was a very simple fix and thus it was ready by the time the more urgent fixes were and thus they added it into the hotfix as well.

It is not like they are sitting around working at one issue at a time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Sages.3496

So in light of recent hotfixes.. Anet has avoided putting out anything to fix the chat filters or random stuff coming from your character? seriously what the actual kitten anet?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Anet has avoided putting out anything to fix the chat filters or random stuff coming from your character? seriously what the actual kitten anet?

Yeah, they definitely have a fix ready and are actively refusing to push it out…

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

They are releasing patches as they come up with fixes. Some things take longer to figure out than others, but it doesn’t mean they should hold what they have back.

Despite the fact that some important things are not yet resolved does not mean they are not high priority.

They obviously changed the framework for how guild chat works for upcoming features. It likely brought up some very perplexing issues.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Some bugs are harder to diagnose and fix and therefor take longer.

they’re not “avoiding” anything.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Bugs are triage like victims from a mass casualty incident. Those in the worse shape but savable go first. So system crashes.

Also those who can be treated quickly are the next to get patched up. If the problem is clear and the reason is obvious, those get fixed.

What you have left are the cases that will take time to investigate or require an expert who is busy fixing other problems within their wheelhouse.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s not the case of flicking a switch and hey presto it is fixed. If it’s a deeper issue, then it will take longer. They will want it fixed as quickly as possible – it’s not in their interest to delay a bug fix for something like this – but, it’ll be when the fix is ready, as it should be.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Bigger issues is a matter of perspective. I hadn’t felt the consequences of anything fixed so far, but i still have to struggle with not reading my guild chat if i switch to another char and forget to do the invisible thing and guild mates coming at me furiously asking why were they kicked from the guild because of that bug.

lordkrall.7241

Bigger issues is a matter of perspective. I hadn’t felt the consequences of anything fixed so far, but i still have to struggle with not reading my guild chat if i switch to another char and forget to do the invisible thing and guild mates coming at me furiously asking why were they kicked from the guild because of that bug.

Traits basically killing a character, exploits and game crashes are objectively bigger issue than being unable to talk in a specific chat (especially since there is a working workaround for it). The first things are actual game breaking while the last is mainly an annoyance.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Traits basically killing a character, exploits and game crashes are objectively bigger issue than being unable to talk in a specific chat (especially since there is a working workaround for it). The first things are actual game breaking while the last is mainly an annoyance.

Like i said, its relative, i personally didn’t feel any of the game breaking effects, and i’ve even been playing my necro lol.
But the random dialog bug, and the guild chat bugs have been reducing my gameplay experience. Then there’s the bug with new items crapping out the inventory… Really feels like BWE/early access days back 3 years ago. Specially since i also had my guild crippled for a week before it was fixed back then.

lordkrall.7241

No, it is not relative. Certain things are, without any question, bigger issues than others.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

@ ArenaNet

Thank you for fixing Guild chat.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver