New ideas for gw2

New ideas for gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

just some things I’ve thought about and would like to share.

Ship Warfare ( battle on Boats using cannons )
become the pirate you have always wanted to be, Don’t forget your jar of dirt.
fight along side a 5 man squad on your ship.

Racial Factions ( ties in with the gw1 expansion by name)
This would give the players an option to be evil or good. working along side elder dragons or against them. like a Horde and Alliance
this would only effect personal story

Non crafting professions ( fishing, sightseeing, lore master, explorer)
This would give the players extra things to do after progressing with crafting professions.
these profession will be environment based and provide no sell-able loot. account bound things only

Sky diving mini game ( sky dive from maximum height into water)
as you fall through the sky you must maneuver to hit all the rings in the sky. each ring hit gives you 10 points.
could sky dive from an airship?

Guild Shop ( a Trading post only for your guild)
this trading post is only for your guild members, the trading post can sell and buy the same things that the public trading post can.

Hairdresser / barbers shop ( cut your hair for gold cost)
the hairdresser will costs 30g+ per haircut.

Circus ( every month a circus opens for the public)
the circus provide fun little one use toys and events for everyone to enjoy. including
things you would see at other circus or carnivals.. lion taming, tight rope walking etc

Hidden funny events ( across the whole of the map)
these event are suppose to spark laughter for the player, think funny things like getting chased by 100 non lethal skritt, or an event that require you to Suicide into 1000 quaggons … Leeerrooyyyy Jennk…..

City Raids ( racial city’s only )
these city’s get raided by random local creature. Destroy them for a prize.

thanks for reading,

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

New ideas for gw2

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Aside from the one thing in that least I approve of (feel free to guess what), almost all your changes are WoW features.

I ? Karkas.

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

Aside from the one thing in that least I approve of (feel free to guess what), almost all your changes are WoW features.

does that matter?

WoW has been around for decades. we cant restrict ourselfs because they did it first.

we would have nothign new if that was the case.

New ideas for gw2

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

There are quite a few problems with your suggestions.
To point out a few:

City raids: From what I know, the devs have already made it clear that they don’t want fighting events in cities.
Hairdresser: There is already an item in the gem store that changes your hair.
Guild Shop: I’m not sure why you’d need something like that. Care to elaborate?
Racial Factions: Although I would love to make actual villains as characters, I would hate to see the conflict while playing. Why would my character defend Tyria by defeating World Bosses and helping Destiny’s Edge in story dungeons? Why would he kill Scarlet? You can’t have it only affect the personal story, when the whole game revolves around you being a hero.

New ideas for gw2

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

does that matter?

WoW has been around for decades. we cant restrict ourselfs because they did it first.

It does because a lot of other games have similar thematics, and people left those games to avoid those themes/mechanics.

That’s just my two cents though. I came to give my opinion, not to rain on your parade.

I ? Karkas.

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

There are quite a few problems with your suggestions.
To point out a few:

City raids: From what I know, the devs have already made it clear that they don’t want fighting events in cities.
Hairdresser: There is already an item in the gem store that changes your hair.
Guild Shop: I’m not sure why you’d need something like that. Care to elaborate?
Racial Factions: Although I would love to make actual villains as characters, I would hate to see the conflict while playing. Why would my character defend Tyria by defeating World Bosses and helping Destiny’s Edge in story dungeons? Why would he kill Scarlet? You can’t have it only affect the personal story, when the whole game revolves around you being a hero.

well as the Racial Factions, the Sotry could still end up the same way.. like if you are a villian. you might want to kill scarlet because you wanted to take over command?
the story could be bent into the same direction. but a different Path.. like a dungeon.

and Guild Shop, because it opens isnt effect by current gold limits of normal TP.
for example i could sell materials that i want gold for but other guild mates need.
sorta like trading but only between guildies. this would help me manage a price between me and the other person who is doing the trading as there will not be a limit on the TP. no min or max.

New ideas for gw2

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

does that matter?

And if we only retread things “we know”, then we don’t get anything different and a bunch of slightly different clones of one MMO and nothing else. This leads to a type of game strangling itself off . . . sort of like adventure games up until recently.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

does that matter?

It does because a lot of other games have similar thematics, and people left those games to avoid those themes/mechanics.

That’s just my two cents though. I came to give my opinion, not to rain on your parade.

thanks for feedback

i understand people left those games because of some of those mechanics. but in this game you play as you want. and all of these mechanics wouldnt be compulsory.

its just extra things to do instead of standing around in LA

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

does that matter?

And if we only retread things “we know”, then we don’t get anything different and a bunch of slightly different clones of one MMO and nothing else. This leads to a type of game strangling itself off . . . sort of like adventure games up until recently.

WvW is not unquie.. WoW did that First.
WoW also did structured pvp first.. ( arena)
Wow also did crafting profensions
WoW also did account wallet
WoW also did world bosses

we have a lot of things already done by WoW, i could go on and on.
its how MMO’s are made and unfortunately WoW has spoiled many players by implementing those ideas first.

so the argument that its done already before and its too similar isn’t going to help anyone as they have literally done everything.

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

some other ideas

Asura tech lab ( design a killer robot)
the robots are put to battle agaisnt each other

;)

New ideas for gw2

Tobias Trueflight.8350

so the argument that its done already before and its too similar isn’t going to help anyone as they have literally done everything.

But you’re not understanding me, at all. You’re just taking the face value of what I said and running with it.

It’s less important of “other games did these things and we shouldn’t” and more “all games of a genre shouldn’t aspire to contain these things just because the current king of the genre does”.

As for your list of topics? A lot of them might make a good and interesting game. But they don’t have a place here in this game.

Some of the rest of them? Just don’t belong regardless.

Though it should be noted, there’s a few . . . interesting . . . things you can find which are references to GW1 which could be considered ‘funny’ or ‘neat’. There is, for instance, a tree in Gendarran Fields which has something carved onto it. There’s a special ghost which appears in the Ascalon Settlement. There’s an odd ghost event in the Shaemoor graveyard. There are other events which are likewise relatively funny . . . like the whole-plot-reference to the Goonies in Gendarran Fields?

So, some “funny events” show up anyway.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

But you’re not understanding me, at all. You’re just taking the face value of what I said and running with it.

It’s less important of “other games did these things and we shouldn’t” and more “all games of a genre shouldn’t aspire to contain these things just because the current king of the genre does”.

As for your list of topics? A lot of them might make a good and interesting game. But they don’t have a place here in this game.

Some of the rest of them? Just don’t belong regardless.

Though it should be noted, there’s a few . . . interesting . . . things you can find which are references to GW1 which could be considered ‘funny’ or ‘neat’. There is, for instance, a tree in Gendarran Fields which has something carved onto it. There’s a special ghost which appears in the Ascalon Settlement. There’s an odd ghost event in the Shaemoor graveyard. There are other events which are likewise relatively funny . . . like the whole-plot-reference to the Goonies in Gendarran Fields?

So, some “funny events” show up anyway.

i get what you mean but i was just saying, everything i have thought about can be twisted and made unique .. they are just a blank canvas.

but there will come a time when there is nothing new to make as someone else has implemented it. WoW or something else.

an MMO out there has done it first, we will always have that problem in my eyes.

yeah i saw the Goonies reference . found it quite funny.
however i would like to see more Character based things from a gw2 perspective. for example wouldn’t it be funny if we had a well known funny Jester type character in game, someone we can make jokes about or appears out of nowhere to ruin / make our day.

imagine your doing an event and all of a sudden POOF, this character apears and trys to sabotage the event. … i know i would be laughing hysterically trying to complete the event against him..

New ideas for gw2

Tobias Trueflight.8350

imagine your doing an event and all of a sudden POOF, this character apears and trys to sabotage the event. … i know i would be laughing hysterically trying to complete the event against him..

I imagine that would be funny exactly . . . once, and incredibly aggravating any time after. Though it might be nice for the players to have someone other than Trahearne they want to bury.

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

I imagine that would be funny exactly . . . once, and incredibly aggravating any time after. Though it might be nice for the players to have someone other than Trahearne they want to bury.

haha id love to hear the storys…
so i was doing Teq and that Jester popped up. we lost.
so i was minning and that jester popped up and moved the node
so i was in dry top jumping up the cliff and the jester apeared and knocked me off
so i was i was champ farming and the jester popped up and healed the champ to full health

i dunno man id find it funny. haha

New ideas for gw2

Zardul.3952

so i was in WvW and the jester danced on my dead corpse

New ideas for gw2

Posted by: Gobhoblin.7582

Gobhoblin.7582

haha id love to hear the storys…
so i was doing Teq and that Jester popped up. we lost.
so i was minning and that jester popped up and moved the node
so i was in dry top jumping up the cliff and the jester apeared and knocked me off
so i was i was champ farming and the jester popped up and healed the champ to full health

…because what this forum needs is more rage.

Velcro – what a rip off…