New item in Gemstore; Lvl 80 booster

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: THE FORGE.7198

THE FORGE.7198

Hellou people!

In the most recent update, we got a new item into the Gems Store, which is the level 80 boost or more specifically: “Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket”

Personally, I think this is an awesome addition to the Gem Store (price can always be debatable, but everything goes to support the company and the game), because it allows new players to catch up quickly and join the upcoming expansion more quickly.

This all being said, there is an issue which I noticed; As we bought Heart of Thorns (first expansion) we got an lvl 80 booster with other small goodies as well, and we got similiar deal with the new expansion.

What I understood, this new Gem Store booster, does not include “vital” thing what the previous boosters (that came with each expansion) brought, was the “shared inventory slot”.

The expansion lvl 80 booster in the wiki page says the following:

“The first purchased Boost will appear in a new shared inventory slot. The only way to remove it from this slot is to consume it; the slot will remain available for use afterwards. The second purchased Boost will stack on top of the existing Boost (If you still have one), leaving the shared inventory slot it came with free for use.

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

And the new one in the Gem Store says following:

“The use of this ticket grants a new Instant 80 item. This ticket requires an empty Shared Inventory Slot to use.”

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Instant_Level_80_Ticket

So if anyone could confirm; The new Gem Store boost does NOT give an free “Shared Inventory Slot”, but it will stack on top of existing Lvl 80 boosters?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think this is unlikely to get a definitive answer, because the only way to find out for sure would be for someone with 1-2 unused level 80 boosts to buy another one. And it’s unlikely anyone would buy something they’ve already got and don’t want to use.

But I would assume the new boost does not come with a shared inventory slot. The reason the boosts that come with HoT and PoF are in a shared slot and cannot be removed is to stop new players losing or deleting them. That was a very common problem with the Deluxe and Heroic edition items – players either assumed they’d get 1 set per character or simply forgot about them and deleted the character holding them.

Since the new boost is unlikely to be bought by new players Anet don’t need to worry about that happening, so there’s no need to put it in a shared slot.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

If it doesn’t come with the shared inventory slot now, it may be bundled with one at a later date. Or the level booster, additional character slot, and inventory slot.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I think this is unlikely to get a definitive answer, because the only way to find out for sure would be for someone with 1-2 unused level 80 boosts to buy another one.

Or someone from ArenaNet responds to this excellent question in the thread. When I saw the item, I assumed you need a shared slot, it’s not included. I also assumed you get the equipement, bags etc. but now I’m not sure.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It does require a Shared Inventory Slot; it does not come with one. It does include Gear and goodies, just like the previous ones (again, sans Shared Inventory Slot). They do stack.

Good luck.

Posted by: THE FORGE.7198

THE FORGE.7198

I think this is unlikely to get a definitive answer, because the only way to find out for sure would be for someone with 1-2 unused level 80 boosts to buy another one.

Or someone from ArenaNet responds to this excellent question in the thread. When I saw the item, I assumed you need a shared slot, it’s not included. I also assumed you get the equipement, bags etc. but now I’m not sure.

Yes, A response from Anet staff would be nice. I would assume that whenever it includes the shared slot or not, it would act like an normal lvl 80 booster, with all “teleports you to SW, getting the bags etc.”

Yet in my personal opinion, 2000 gems for level 80 boost alone is slightly “too much”, as it “forces” the buyer to buy the 2800 gems pack, which is 35€.

Of course, you still get 800 gems to spend for something else but in a sense, 35€ for lvl 80 boost alone is in my personal opinion a bit too much.

But if the 2000 gems booster would include the “shared slot” as well, then I would (again) find the price be in somewhat good place. Given that the shared slot costs 700 gems. Yet again you could argue that you can buy the shared slot as well IF you buy the 35€ gem pack, but yeah.. It would feel better/make more sense for me if it would include the shared slot in the first place.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It wouldn’t state in the tool-tip that it requires a Shared Inventory Slot to use if it came with one. If it was a bundle (including both), it would state that. Plus, you can see in the API, it’s not a bundle.

It doesn’t come with one.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I think so too. It was done in WoW and other titles some time ago and it’s been such a nice addition to the game. I am reworking my ranger right now to change his race and since they don’t have a race change I have to absolutely create a second character and level him up in addition to build all of his skills and complete the world map. Cutting out this step is nice!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes, A response from Anet staff would be nice. I would assume that whenever it includes the shared slot or not, it would act like an normal lvl 80 booster, with all “teleports you to SW, getting the bags etc.”

Yet in my personal opinion, 2000 gems for level 80 boost alone is slightly “too much”, as it “forces” the buyer to buy the 2800 gems pack, which is 35€.

Of course, you still get 800 gems to spend for something else but in a sense, 35€ for lvl 80 boost alone is in my personal opinion a bit too much.

But if the 2000 gems booster would include the “shared slot” as well, then I would (again) find the price be in somewhat good place. Given that the shared slot costs 700 gems. Yet again you could argue that you can buy the shared slot as well IF you buy the 35€ gem pack, but yeah.. It would feel better/make more sense for me if it would include the shared slot in the first place.

Or you can buy 1600 gems and get 400 gems with gold which is 109 gold at this second. Not really that much if you don’t want to spend cash.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I’m not sure about the new Gem Store item but what I can say is that the level 80 boost that came with the pre-purchase of Path of Fire creates a new shared inventory slot in your inventory. I had all of my shared slots used and, upon receipt of my pre-purchase perks, I had the booster in its own slot.