"New" items in the TP

"New" items in the TP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I have to ask… What’s with all these “new” items in the TP that have been there for many many months now… some even a couple years… I truly don’t understand why you are calling them NEW when they definitely are not.

… just call me … Tim :)

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

What new items listed where? Your post doesn’t say.

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I think the OP means the gemstore items. They’re marked as “new” when they’re re-introduced after a hiatus. It is a bit weird sometimes, like with the molten gathering tools that have been away for only a month or so, I think.

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I guess saying “Returning” doesn’t generate as many clicks as “New”. More likely it’s “New” because it was added for this update.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

It’s called “Marketing 101”

"New" items in the TP

Balthazzarr.1349

They weren’t added. They never left. All the armor, outfits, tools etc. How can they be new when they’ve been there for many many months?!

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

New to the store. Doesn’t matter if it’s a returning product.

"New" items in the TP

Balthazzarr.1349

omg.. it’s not even NEW… They never left the gemstore! sheesh

maybe, must maybe a couple of the things did but almost all of the ‘new’ things have been in there for many months… some even a couple years.

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

omg.. it’s not even NEW… They never left the gemstore! sheesh

Yes they have. Most of them have been gone for months at a time (And in that time, the forums end up with “When’s (item removed from gemstore that you think is still there) coming back?”

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They are “newly added” to the list. The items might not be new, but they fact that they are available is “new”.

I suppose they could use two labels:

• “New to the game”
  • “Newly returned”

But I don’t think it’s worth ANet’s time to worry about — anyone who uses English should be aware that the language is full of linguistic ambiguity, double meanings, and is generally confusing for native, fluent, and as-a-second-language speakers.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The items you’re talking about were removed for several months (part of their seasonal rotation of items). So, when they’re brought back, they threw on the “New” tag to make people notice that they’re back.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

"New" items in the TP

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I have to ask… What’s with all these “new” items in the TP that have been there for many many months now… some even a couple years… I truly don’t understand why you are calling them NEW when they definitely are not.

guessing you mean gem store? New means it’kittenting the storefront again. Refer to this definition of New, which is official: already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time.

this qualifies returning items to be new, since atleast I personally have not gotten those items yet, therefore they’re new to me.

"New" items in the TP

Balthazzarr.1349

Yes gemstore. And no… Most were not removed. Especially the armor. I am in that place every day. Meh nm. Was just curious. I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t know they weren’t new.

"New" items in the TP

Balthazzarr.1349

They are “newly added” to the list. The items might not be new, but they fact that they are available is “new”.

I suppose they could use two labels:

• “New to the game”
  • “Newly returned”

But I don’t think it’s worth ANet’s time to worry about — anyone who uses English should be aware that the language is full of linguistic ambiguity, double meanings, and is generally confusing for native, fluent, and as-a-second-language speakers.

It’s just marketing, I get that. But it’s a pain to go through the big list of things just to see that I have most or have at least seen them for at least two months already.