New jumping puzzle feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

S’all great and kitten, but why all the bugged out and random jumping platforms and launchers? Especially when there is a deadly drop under you?

Sorry but this is wrong and shouldn’t been in a jumping puzzle, especially when it launches you to death more than it isn’t.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Yep, as always it is buggy, more than you know, because they can’t make things that work properly.
Yes you will die trying to do it, and then you will die again until they bugfix it, at which point something else will be broken, etc etc

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Can only agree. Just did both, the grand chest and the divemaster and wow,
those pads are really messed up, especially the ones that give you a forward boost.
The double pad right before the platforms leading to the diving goggles are bugged as hell, launching people to their deaths front, right and center.

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Another jp that I can not finish due to constant and fabulous zoom in/out of the camera ….

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

And what about the reward? A guildie says that is a junk piece of Cleric shoulderpad with recycled skin, soulbound and non salvageable…

Good Job ANet, another awesome fail.

Crovax.7854

And what about the reward? A guildie says that is a junk piece of Cleric shoulderpad with recycled skin, soulbound and non salvageable…

Good Job ANet, another awesome fail.

…which is woth 60s at the vendor for 5 minutes worth of work.
That’s better than any other JP in th game plus there are 3 normal coffers scattered throughout the the whole course. You don’t have to do it if you aren’t satisfied with the rewards.

Posted by: Avanglion.3598

Avanglion.3598

And if you somehow manage to get up to the diving goggles, you cannot tell which is the right direction for the jump. On my server, the pad is above a mountain top which blocks the whole jumping puzzle below from view. Several poor souls made the leap of faith in front of me in three different directions and always landed on solid rock. So where’s the water after all?

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Hmmm Where is the new JP I can’t find it :o

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Crovax.7854

And if you somehow manage to get up to the diving goggles, you cannot tell which is the right direction for the jump. On my server, the pad is above a mountain top which blocks the whole jumping puzzle below from view. Several poor souls made the leap of faith in front of me in three different directions and always landed on solid rock. So where’s the water after all?

to your west. just run off, you don’t need to jump and you should land directly in the little pool of water.

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

This was an amazing JP. The length the challenge was perfect. I hope to see many more like this added.

The only issue I have is the diving goggles there is no chance of knowing which way to jump until it is too late as the mountain is blocking the view they need to add a tell of some sort, perhaps a holo pirate jumping, when wearing the goggles.

Posted by: Avanglion.3598

Avanglion.3598

to your west. just run off, you don’t need to jump and you should land directly in the little pool of water.

Exactly as you said. Almost met with one of the girdles head on but made it. Thank you!

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I thought it was too easy to warrant a guaranteed exotic which sells for 60s. I did it on all 8 of my characters in a matter of 30 minutes and made 5g.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Easy, finished with the first time.

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Not bugged for me, had fun and it was challenging. got it after about 30-45 minutes. only times i fell was due to myself and the same to my friends. dont know if it’s really bugged or that people just get angry because they failed. :/

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

I thought it was too easy to warrant a guaranteed exotic which sells for 60s. I did it on all 8 of my characters in a matter of 30 minutes and made 5g.

I like how you earned money on soulbound items.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Merchant. /15rngboxes

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I haven’t got through it all yet because I’m rubbish at jps, but I enjoyed what I did because it didn’t seem as dire as previous ones I’ve tried, and I like the funky steam punk atmosphere.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Noticed in /map chat while leveling in the zone:

1) Mesmers getting tips for portals

2) helpful souls with commander icons standing in water to mark spot

-Pondering content that “fosters” both of the above.

PS: and no, I don’t do jump puzzles.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It was fun, though I have not encountered any “buggy” platforms. Can you elaborate on that?

The platforms are timed, they don’t go off when you step on them like the dungeon.
The platforms take into account your current direction and speed when they launch you, allowing you to make it to different places, but also allowing you to throw yourself to your death if you position wrong.
The platforms that launch you horizontally are more dangerous because if you jump or twist while being launched you put some momentum in those directions and you won’t make it as far as you need to. Also if you position poorly and hit two in a row you will probably be launched to your death for your lack of foresight.

All those are challenges of the puzzle which can be used to your advantage once you master them, but can kill you quickly if you don’t understand the patterns.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

funny how you want achievement points without actually achieving something.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Buggy platform? They work fine for me, you might have latency issues.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Lag does cause an issue. Especially with the steam launches. But my mosy annoying experiences come from players (stating a reason, not blaming… much :P ) Must have did it early because there were too many people there. There are parts i cant even see myself nor the platforms i need to jump on. too many ppl spamminh speed boosts that i misjumped way too often.

But push aside all those concerns, taken simply as a JP, i so love it.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

This is just toooooooo funny. -LOL Fanboiism much?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

you can sell the exotic to a vendor for 60s

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

You can merchant them for 60s each.

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I also thought this was hard as hell. I went to the way-point and a mesmer flagged me down, then ported me to the chest. Hardest day of my life.

mhmm

(edited by Nova.8021)

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

What was wrong with the mechanics from the bouncy shrooms in SAB. Those always bounced you high enough and were completely predictable. Are we SUPPOSED to be dying randomly through no fault of our own? Or do we just need to be standing pixel perfect in the right place for them to work correctly?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

You can merchant them for 60s each.

As of a couple minutes ago not any more.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

What was wrong with the mechanics from the bouncy shrooms in SAB. Those always bounced you high enough and were completely predictable. Are we SUPPOSED to be dying randomly through no fault of our own? Or do we just need to be standing pixel perfect in the right place for them to work correctly?

This.
I did the JP just fine until the launch pads.
I did not take two in a row, I had no momentum, no movement in air, but three times in a row the launch pads would just not throw me far enough. When this happens to you several time and you die, you just can’t resist: poor quality design, rushed, full of bugs

Edit: almost one year anniversary, still no way to dispel the stupid speed boosts applied to you by brainless players.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter