New legendaries limited to one per account?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

So the news says "For future sets of legendary weapons, this gift will only come from a large collection achievement that is unlocked after completing the collections and recipes associated with crafting your precursor weapon. This fourth collection is a continuation of the themed journey that was in the first three precursor collections, and it will take roughly the same amount of effort that those three required combined. "

Currently, collections aren’t repeatable.
That means that said gift needed for a legendary isn’t repeatedly available, despite the precursor collection supposedly giving a recipe for creating precursors?
As new legendaries can only be acquired through the new system and they are account bound, that would then mean that you’re limited to 1 per account.
For the sake of for example daggers, that would mean that you cannot have 2 of the same legendary dagger, dual wielded (you can still reskin another weapon, but then it isn’t stat-changeable and it’s not legendary). And you can’t give both your necro and druid a legendary staff of the same kind.
Is this an oversight or is it intended?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Likely an unavoidable downside to how they had to set things up for the precursor collections. What you could do is make the new dagger and make Incinerator and then reskin Incinerator to look like the new dagger.

Posted by: freedomgeass.4756

freedomgeass.4756

i just hope there are no new legendary weapons that i want to get twice told legend with as most of the current ones i don’t like

karma booster? What karma Booster.

Mikuchan.7261

Likely an unavoidable downside to how they had to set things up for the precursor collections. What you could do is make the new dagger and make Incinerator and then reskin Incinerator to look like the new dagger.

I suppose that’s a possibility, but that feels kinda weird.
The game also won’t treat it as the new dagger, but as a reskinned incinerator. (Not sure that will ever make a real difference though).

I do think though that collections are a bit wonky since they’re not repeatable.
If I accidentally or otherwise delete a reward from a collection, it can never be re-acquired (other than through support tickets).
It would be great if the ones with unique rewards could be made repeatable somehow.
Or if there was an NPC that sold formerly acquired unique collection rewards for currency. That way, I could get a Princess for each of my characters if I wanted to.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

The game also won’t treat it as the new dagger, but as a reskinned incinerator. (Not sure that will ever make a real difference though).

I do think though that collections are a bit wonky since they’re not repeatable.
If I accidentally or otherwise delete a reward from a collection, it can never be re-acquired (other than through support tickets).
It would be great if the ones with unique rewards could be made repeatable somehow.
Or if there was an NPC that sold formerly acquired unique collection rewards for currency. That way, I could get a Princess for each of my characters if I wanted to.

Actually, though i’m sure it won’t apply to the rarest collection items, you can buy many of them again from the guy that unlocks the spoon collection, one example is the ascended accessories from dungeon rewards.

Mikuchan.7261

Actually, though i’m sure it won’t apply to the rarest collection items, you can buy many of them again from the guy that unlocks the spoon collection, one example is the ascended accessories from dungeon rewards.

Yes, look at that… They already have the technology for it.
I think they should start using it for other stuff, like Princess and Mawdrey II for example.
Currently he only sells said accessories and 3 different consumable recipes according to the wiki.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You only need to unlock the Legendary weapon once to get the skin. Simply skin an Ascended weapon, and you’ll have another. To take that further, get Ascended weapons with different stat combos you like, and skin them all the same. Then you can swap out “Legendaries” to fit your build.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

You only need to unlock the Legendary weapon once to get the skin. Simply skin an Ascended weapon, and you’ll have another. To take that further, get Ascended weapons with different stat combos you like, and skin them all the same. Then you can swap out “Legendaries” to fit your build.

I think the problem is “twice told legend” achievement being only doable, apparently by using the old (potentially uglier, and who knows harder?) legendaries.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I think the problem is “twice told legend” achievement being only doable, apparently by using the old (potentially uglier, and who knows harder?) legendaries.

I highly doubt ANet makes any balance decisions around the achievement they put in to give something to players who made two daggers for their double dagger thief or ele before the wardrobe update. Especially when they leave in the way to obtain it. If they had removed it, they likely would have let it stay out for 6 months to a year and then retired it, if not retiring it right away.